Couples, how can you enjoy sharing a bed?

Comments

• nickyislady_tnickyislady_t Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moony wrote: »
    I love sharing a bed with my wife. We snuggle up and spoon all night.

Awww me and my OH are like this, it's lovely :O)
    i couldnt imagine not sharing a bed with him now because i've got used to falling asleep in his arms :)
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's the other way round

once you do share a bed, it seems strange when you are on your own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    For a while I had to share a single bed with my gf as we waited for our new one to arrive. It was fine because we spoon all the time anyway but in the summer I need my own space, I get grumpy when it's too hot :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Spooning is heavenly :D
    Me and my boyfriend don't live together yet but usually I'll go to his or he'll come to mine. At first he was trying it on every night but he soon discovered he wouldn't be getting it quite as much as he'd like ;) (well what can you expect when you live with your parents)

He's now bed trained ;)

lol lol lol! :D
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I shared a bed for 13 years with my ex and I'll be honest, my quality of sleep has improved tenfold since I've been on my own. If I ever live with a man again I'd prefer separate beds. :o I think as long as you continue to be emotionally and physically intimate in general it can work. Apparently it's more common than we realise.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/relationships/article6008921.ece

http://uk.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_400/441_the-argument-for-separate-beds.html
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh! Bed sharing is only for the poor.
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It baffles me how anyone can not want to share a bed with their partner (assuming their relationship is on a reasonable footing, of course)! :confused:

My OH snores like a shire horse and farts in her sleep, but there's still nowhere I'd rather be. :cool:
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have shared a bed with my husband for the last 19yrs and i wouldnt have it any other way.

We used to have a double bed, we now have a kingsize, and i do prefer the kingsize as its cooler in the summer. But if he isn't there, I cant sleep.

I would guess that about 10 times over the years we have slept apart as one of us is really ill and cant sleep, so we would go and lay on the sofa in the lounge. If he isnt next to me, I sleep fitfully and wake up miserable.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My OH snores like a shire horse and farts in her sleep, but there's still nowhere I'd rather be. :cool:

Aww, that is so romantic!
  • DavidCHDavidCH Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I woke pre-dawn, things floating around flirting with my insecurities
    Your face was silhouetted, towards me, barely distinguishable
    I imagined your eyes opened from their darker hollows and smiled
    The familiar smile that tells me all about your thoughts and that all’s OK
    A gasp of your breath made me feel reassured, that nothing else mattered
    Just being like this, truly madly deeply with you.

Some bloke on the internet.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and wife have two single beds pushed together. This stops the dreaded 'rolling together/getting too hot/hogging the duvet' scenarios. Much better.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    It baffles me how anyone can not want to share a bed with their partner

Duvet hogging, snoring, farting, breathing down your neck, icey cold feet, collapsing like a dead weight against you...need I go on? If you're a light sleeper you spend a good deal of the night awake, exhausted, frustrated and irritated and the next day overtired, finding it difficult to focus in work or dealing with children and suffering uncontrollable yawning fits mid afternoon.

Fine to cope with on occasion but when it's *every* night it wears you down and builds resentment. Remember, sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture for a reason. It's very very effective.

Different strokes for different folks. Like I said, if you remain emotionally and physically intimate then I'm sure many people maintain a strong relationship while sleeping separately.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have a double bed to myself when I lived with my parents, and it took me a good while to get used to sleeping beside anyone, then we moved in together and it was my idea of hell, now however I can't sleep if i'm on my own
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love sharing a bed with my gf. That's the down side of a long distance relationship there's long periods of not being together. I always have bad nights when I'm on my own. She always knows how to soothe me so I sleep better. We hold hands all night long, just in case one of rolls over and we're no longer snuggling.

I can put up with the snoring, farting and duvet hogging, because I miss it when she's not there.

I also love that the first thing we can do is kiss without even having to leave the bed.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bed cuddles are maybe the best thing in the world to share other than an orgasm.

I miss my ex girlfriend. I think I'd kill someone to have her back. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i havent been dating for the last 18 months due to a messy break up with my ex, however on sunday night i went out on the lash with a friend and spent the night sleeping with her (as in just sleeping),

we both said that the cuddling up to someone was something we both missed alot... it was weird not having the personal space but it didnt bother me too much and the feeling of sharing with someone was ummm pleasant is the only way i can describe it....
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Đirona wrote: »
    where do you think the warmth comes from?

She's hot!! So that's a good starter. ;)
    Probably from her farts. :mad::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    Super-king size bed! Winner for us and would never go back. We effectively sleep in our own bed (as each half is the size of a single) and can roll over a few times if we fancy a cuddle. Loadsa space!
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's hot!! So that's a good starter. ;)
    Probably from her farts. :mad::)

My tea just came out my nose, thanks for burning my nostrils.

:p
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    I too dislike the problems you decribed in your OP but I overcame this by buying a super king size bed, its 6 foot wide so there is plenty of space for the both of us.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    horns wrote: »
    When you're a couple, your personal space is shared.

Sounds awful. I think if I ever get married I would do my best to make sure I still had my own personal space.
  • DavidCHDavidCH Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super-king size bed! Winner for us and would never go back. We effectively sleep in our own bed (as each half is the size of a single) and can roll over a few times if we fancy a cuddle. Loadsa space!
    Small woman also advantageous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleeping with my ex was a nightmare. Every time I moved, he'd tell me off. I don't think he ever slept himself as he was always tutting at me. I used to try to lay stock still but would get an itch or something and have to move. Then we got divorced and I have the lovely double bed to myself.. and it's heaven.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate sleeping with my partner most of the time - always waking up whenever she goes to the loo / fidgets too much.

However even though I hate it... would I change it? nah. Even when stays away and I have a night to myself, I end up letting the cat sleep on the bed (normally locked downstairs) so I still end up getting a sh*t night sleep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    DavidCH wrote: »
    Small woman also advantageous.

Alas, I will never be one of those, nor have any desire to be. :D