Snow affecting anytime

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
Forum Member
I have lost signal on lnb due to snow and therefor cannot watch planner recordings as well as any sky programmes.

I also cannot get any programmes in anytime on my hd box but can on my sky+ box in another room (I have multiroom)

Both boxes are showing no signal at all.

Dish on chimney so cannot clean.

Any reason for this.

Comments

• packerbullypackerbully Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend (in London) had the same problem - easily solved it though - threw a snowball at the dish ... snow then fell off the dish. It was a lob not a 100mph sidewinder!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    My friend (in London) had the same problem - easily solved it though - threw a snowball at the dish ... snow then fell off the dish. It was a lob not a 100mph sidewinder!

Could you send him round.

Can't even get freeview round here. Watching really crappy analogue.
  • Dave48Dave48 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Had this earlier in London but seems to have cleared now although I could still watch recorded and anytime programmes on my Sky+HD box.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My LNB was caked in snow this morning. I had to get ladders out and get up on roof to clean it. Not sure my chimney mounted dish was such a smart idea now though....
  • jeallen01jeallen01 Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    My LNB was caked in snow this morning. I had to get ladders out and get up on roof to clean it. Not sure my chimney mounted dish was such a smart idea now though....

Don't think it was - all you need is "line of sight" to the satellite! Mine's mounted on the 6ft high fence at the end of the garden;)
    (that is, if I can get TO the end of the garden through the snow :(!)
    Forum Member
    Dave48 wrote: »
    Had this earlier in London but seems to have cleared now although I could still watch recorded and anytime programmes on my Sky+HD box.

mine has cleared now.strange I could'n watch recorded or anytime
  • sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need a signal to watch any recordings or anytime etc.

This is to stop you taking you box around to a mates to watch all the latest movies, I think.
    Forum Member
    sean2003 wrote: »
    You need a signal to watch any recordings or anytime etc.

This is to stop you taking you box around to a mates to watch all the latest movies, I think.

On my Sky+ box I had no signal at all but was still able to watch anytime.
    HD box nothing.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymaher wrote: »
    On my Sky+ box I had no signal at all but was still able to watch anytime.
    HD box nothing.

It as been posted on DS that there is a 30 minute window where if you lose the signal then you can view,anything longer and you need to either wait or clear the dish,were box boxes been used ? , maybe the 30 mins kicks in if you are actually watching or using the box but if in standby the 30 mins rule is not valid ?
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also note that although there may not be enough signal for the box to correct the errors and hence give the "no signal" message on trying to view a channel there may be enough to receive the subscription validity check signal.
  • bbvbbv Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps this is an area that should be looked at. I know it happens rarely, but surely if no satellite signal was being received, but the card is still present in the box, sky should allow you to continue to watch recordings and possibly anytime for say up to 24 hours.

This would stop some problems during snow, storms etc. At least you would have something.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbv wrote: »
    Perhaps this is an area that should be looked at. I know it happens rarely, but surely if no satellite signal was being received, but the card is still present in the box, sky should allow you to continue to watch recordings and possibly anytime for say up to 24 hours.

This would stop some problems during snow, storms etc. At least you would have something.

24 hours from when?

It's there to stop people unplugging before their subs end, if they cancel, but to continue to watch recorded programs you are not entitled to.
  • bbvbbv Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 hours from when you last had a signal.

It really wouldn't hurt sky if people watched a couple of recorded programes after their subscription ends, versus providing existing customers .

Anyway, if the sky box received a kill signal then it obviously wouldn't allow the grace period. I would say most people wouldn't think of pulling out cables of their cancelation day anyway.