Cast List with height, age, career

ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gladys Knight, 67, 5'3-1/2" - but may be shorter because older people start to shrink. (I should know) - Tristan, 29, 5'11". I assume everybody knows who she is but legendary R&B singer, for you youngsters (her band: "Gladys Knight and the Pips") Huge hits, "Midnight Train to Georgia", "If I Were Your Woman" and "Neither One of Us Wants to Be the First to Say Goodbye"

Martina Navratilova, 55, 5'7-1/2" - Tony, 38, 6' or 6'1. Tennis player. 18 Grand Slam singles titles, 31 Grand Slam women's doubles titles (an all-time record), and 10 Grand Slam mixed doubles titles. She reached the Wimbledon singles final 12 times, including nine consecutive years from 1982 through 1990, and won the women's singles title at Wimbledon a record nine times.

Melissa Gilbert, 47, 5'3-1/2" - Maks, 32, 6'2". Actress who starred in iconic US tv series, "Little House on the Prairie".

Sherri Shepherd, 44, 5'1" - Val, 25, 5'10" - she's on a women's panel talk show, with Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg, called "The View."

Maria Menounos, 33, 5'8" - Derek, 26, 5'10" - tv presenter, that's all I know.

Katherine Jenkins, 31, 5'4" - Mark, 25, who knows - I think he's 5'7" or 5'8", but have seen him claim up to 5'10". Welsh singer - you guys know her better than we do.

Jack Wagner, 52, 5'11-1/2" - Anna, 31, 5'4" - Actor - was on "Melrose Place", a daytime soap opera called "General Hospital", made a few pop records.

Donald Driver, 37, 6' - Peta, 30, 5'7" (she's older than I thought - so's Tony) American-style-football player (wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers)

Gavin DeGraw, 35, 5'11" - Karina, 34, 5'5" (oh and she weighs 110 according to one site and she's one rare female who's probably telling the truth.) Blue-eyed soul singer, had Platinum hit "Chariot" - has current hit "Not Over You" and is currently touring the USA - I guess Karina will follow him around.

Jaleel White, 35, 5'10-1/2" - Kym, 35, 5'7" - Actor - was "Urkel" in US comedy "Family Matters"

William Levy, 31, 6'1" - Cheryl, 27, 5'4" - "Mexico's Brad Pitt" - star in a Mexican telenovela - their form of soap opera I think.

Roshon Fegan, 20, 5'8" - Chelsie, 22, she says 5'4" but I think she's an inch or two shorter than that. Disney star, that's all I know.

Comments

• SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Love the fact that the height issues dont seem to have been given much thought...

At least 2 small ladies with 2 tall pros. Gladys 5'3 and a bit with Tristin 5'11"
    and Melissa 5'3 and abit with Maks 6'2... the latter will be ridiculous... a near 12 inch height difference..

Katherine with heels will be same height if not taller than Mark and the same goes for the Maria/Derek partnership.

Don't they go by height in the US series?
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean, Sara. They adore Derek and try to give him someone who'll make it to the finals. Mark not quite as treasured but held in similar regard. I don't think they care much about the others so just whoever they think will gel. Height seems to be an after-thought, though they did put the littlest/youngest male celeb with the littlest/youngest female one, so I guess they think about it sometimes.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I don't think Maks is 6' 2" - he looks more the same height as his brother Val.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    The pairings of Maria, Sherri, Melissa and Jaleel with their partners (on height basis) is wacky :eek:
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I don't think Maks is 6' 2" - he looks more the same height as his brother Val.

But he's a little man when it comes to manliness. :)

PS...nothing excites me more than a Spring DWTS. NOTHING!
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Love the fact that the height issues dont seem to have been given much thought...

At least 2 small ladies with 2 tall pros. Gladys 5'3 and a bit with Tristin 5'11"
    and Melissa 5'3 and abit with Maks 6'2... the latter will be ridiculous... a near 12 inch height difference..

Katherine with heels will be same height if not taller than Mark and the same goes for the Maria/Derek partnership.

Don't they go by height in the US series?

I wonder if they put Mark with Katherine because he wouldn't need a visa to work here - apparently he's coming over/is here. (I remember Natalie couldn't go and train in the US with Audley).....mind you, Tristan could've worked here, too. That would've been nicer for us :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Tristan was with Katherine too. The height would make more sense than little Marky with her. And Tristan's my favorite pro and I'm tired of Mark.

When Katherine performed on DWTS Season 12, Tristan and Peta Murgatroyd performed a beautiful Waltz while she sang. Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRb6zZ_Aeu8
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Poor Melissa! A severe height difference will make things much harder for her. To top it off, she has to put up with Maks. His ego and temper will make things impossible for her.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is some of the title shoot with a little bit of dancing (well some).

Maks/Melissa, Tristan/Gladys, Sherri/Val, Jaleel/Kym and Jack/Anna

http://www.etonline.com/tv/119656_Sneak_Peek_First_DWTS_Dress_Rehearsals/

First dance is a cha cha or foxtrot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today Peta (Murgatroyd), one of our pros from Australia, tweeted: nothing wrong with 31 but I'm 25!!!! haha

So Wetpaint had her age wrong - where I got it from for the list above.