Engelbert Humperdink 'Love Will Set You Free' (UK Eurovision Entry)

12346»

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we don't have to win but it would be amazing, anything below 5th is really good anything 6-10 is good 11-14 good try 15 and above is not good really.
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ No we have to win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do we have to win?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont like the song itself.
    I can see they are trying something new from the Fizzy pop to power ballad etc.
    As for going first not a bad thing really seeing how late some of these will perform its bound to affect some vocal performances.

I just hope other countries realised the UK has tried something new this year.One thing is certain The Hump wont let the UK down no matter what place we are on the scoreboard.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't gone first for a long while, guess it was bound to happen...I quite like the song, it should put us higher than last year.
  • LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a song I'd like played at my funeral.

In fact, it's so fantasitcally brilliant, I am prepared to have my own funeral before I'm officially dead, just so I can listen to it before they put me in the oven.
  • thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luca wrote: »

In fact, it's so fantasitcally brilliant, I am prepared to have my own funeral before I'm officially dead, just so I can listen to it before they put me in the oven.

Amazing!
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Being 1st could help contrast it from everything else. People will remember that nice melody from the old guy they heard an hour or so back.

Plus, people tune in for the first two or three and perhaps tend to return to the contest during the closing songs.

They always do a brief recap at the end which can eliminate any remembering issues.
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luca wrote: »

That's a bit extreme isn't it?
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not dire, don't love it though. I actually don't remember Hump as a singer (when I was younger) so I don't have the "good old days" thought about him and his music but my granddad is chuffed to pieces that he's representing us. I suppose it will be interesting to see how we do with him (esp if others in Europe have the same sentimental attachment to him as my granddad).
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    Without having to trawl through the whole thread does anyone know the date when the song is released to download in the UK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its usually the week before the contest.