Is Justin becoming reminiscent of a young Britney?

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/justin-bieber-mannish-boy-the-2012-cover-story-20120802

quite an interesting article IMO and made me see a few comparisons with Britney
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone ever say no to Justin Bieber? I think the way that they treat teenage boys and teenage girls is completely different,. The boys are expected to have a clean cut look and a bad boy image too. Arrogance is allowed and they get what they want. Girls have to look clean cut and appeal to the Bible Belt in the US, they have to promote virginity, while looking like a fantasy for grown men, they are expected to behave impeccably, are photographed if they had bad hair and have visited Starbucks. Justin Timberlake was never harassed in the same way as Britney, even when he was dating Cameron Diaz..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Bieber is a bit of an idiot but I think he's under a lot of pressure which might have played some way in making him go off the rails.

I feel kind of sorry for Britney, I think she was pushed into a career too young and was manipulated as a young child and this lead to her believing it was how people behaved etc etc etc.
    Forum Member
    I listened to something interesting on Radio 4 yesterday about Bieber, will try to find link.
    Anyway there was something about the mum coming home to find Justin wasn't there with the babysitter as planned. The babysitter had taken him out busking, mum was really annoyed until the babysitter said they'd made $26 and gave it to her. I think at this point life changed a bit and she started uploading vids to youtube and stuff. I wonder if the babysitter was the Braun person mentioned in Rolling Stone article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r5014
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    As for his fans, a lot of them are maniacs sending death threats to anyone he's romantically linked with, following him everywhere, and making his life a living hell.

I sincerely doubt that the overwrought behaviour of some maniacally hormonal pre-teens impacts upon Bieber's day-to-day life in the slightest.

In any event, you can't reasonably blame his fanbase for Biebers apparent lack of basic respect for others, decency and good manners - or timekeeping :D -, that's down to him (and his parenting)
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney was mentally ill Justin is just a spoilt brat.

Sure, "mentally ill"... :p

I think they are both just going through the teenage phase, coupled with the showbiz burnout phase... And who can blame them, seriously? Greater stars than them haven't made it through alive.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Sure, "mentally ill"... :p

I think they are both just going through the teenage phase, coupled with the showbiz burnout phase....

Well Britanny's about thirty now, isn't she?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

31. Yes, way past the teenage phase! :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    How do you know though... Maybe by the time Justin is 31 we'll think he has problems he couldn't help.

Whoever (managers family etc) is meant to be looking after him isn't and it's a slippery slope to Britney Territory.
    Same with Chris Brown and I have nothing good to say about Chris Brown

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes she seems better now. She's still burnt out though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Sadly he seems to be heading for a mighty fall. I hope some of those who have been making money out of him are there to catch him.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    Bieber will be fine.

His reaction to that obnoxious paparazzi was justified.

Something about London seems to bring out all the wannabe hardmen and "geezers"
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Bieber will be fine.

His reaction to that obnoxious paparazzi was justified.

Something about London seems to bring out all the wannabe hardmen and "geezers"

What rubbish . It had nothing to do with London and hence him leaving and then cancelling two shows in Lisbon . Justin's problems are a lot deeper than "London" . It is a complete cop out to blame the location and not Justin .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    What rubbish . It had nothing to do with London and hence him leaving and then cancelling two shows in Lisbon . Justin's problems are a lot deeper than "London" . It is a complete cop out to blame the location and not Justin .

I agree. This would've happened no matter what the location.

Justin has a lot of growing up to do. Because he's famous, he's probably going to have to do it in public.

Although he could take time off, sort himself out then come back, I doubt he will.

He's surrounded by enablers, but he thinks they are his friends.

This isn't going to end well.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't he cancel just one show (the second one)?
    And the promoter said it was du to the fact that only 60% of the tickets had been sold...
    It seems it is a more common practise than we think according to that article I read (though maybe it happens earlier in the process, or JB is currently so high profile with his "screw ups" that anything happening around him is a big deal?). Then again, JB used to sell out all his shows in reccord time according to headlines, so maybe it's big news...

However, I agree with your assesment of his situation: He seems to be going through something (whether crumbling under the pressure or just a bad teenage crisis case, no idea) and his entourage doesn't seem to be dealing with it very well untill now. They need to step up. Of course it's partly JB's fault, but I don't see him wising up up without some outside help...
    Forum Member

you can take the boy out of London but you can't take the a** out the boy
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already thought that he was a reminiscent of a young Britney. When Britney was young,she was an annoying little b***h on a Disney show. Bieber has always been an annoying little b***h. :D
    Forum Member
    annushka wrote: »
    Didn't he cancel just one show (the second one)?
    And the promoter said it was du to the fact that only 60% of the tickets had been sold...
    It seems it is a more common practise than we think according to that article I read (though maybe it happens earlier in the process, or JB is currently so high profile with his "screw ups" that anything happening around him is a big deal?). Then again, JB used to sell out all his shows in reccord time according to headlines, so maybe it's big news...

However, I agree with your assesment of his situation: He seems to be going through something (whether crumbling under the pressure or just a bad teenage crisis case, no idea) and his entourage doesn't seem to be dealing with it very well untill now. They need to step up. Of course it's partly JB's fault, but I don't see him wising up up without some outside help...

Maybe it was one show but why wait until the last minute to cancel the show ?

It was for "personal reasons" nothing at all to do with sales . Now I don't mind if people don't believe me but that's the truth . Justin went from London on Sunday to Holland . He did not fly into Portigal until Monday ( if he arrived) yet he was due in on Sunday . He is clearly struggling and his "team" are payed to stop the gossip and make out everything is ok when its clearly not.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    If he went to Holland he probably picked up "supplies" :D
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    If he went to Holland he probably picked up "supplies" :D

Which is what his fans thought who waited at the Airport on Sunday in Lisbon . But his team arrived minus Justin who said he had gone to Amsterdam and would come in on Monday .
    Forum Member

The pap was doing the old Ray Winstone "I'm from Laaaaandaaaarn, I'll have YA!!!" routine. It wouldn't happen anywhere else. He was looking for a reaction and successfully provoked one. No doubt if Bieber touched him, he would have sued for emotional distress, or some other similar bollocks.

The only blame Bieber gets is rising to the bait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is too young to be this mega famous, the industry control these young artists and work them to death until they have a breakdown/turn to drugs.

Britney shaved her head to try and break free from her controllers but they got her back and now she is all doped up on meds to keep her working and bringing in the big money.

She looks dead in the eyes all the time like a robot. Justin will be the same. The American celebs are always messed up the bigger they get. Then they kill them to make more money!..think of poor Whitney.
    Forum Member
    The pap was doing the old Ray Winstone "I'm from Laaaaandaaaarn, I'll have YA!!!" routine. It wouldn't happen anywhere else. He was looking for a reaction and successfully provoked one. No doubt if Bieber touched him, he would have sued for emotional distress, or some other similar bollocks.

The only blame Bieber gets is rising to the bait.

There was a lot more than just the "Pap" incident. He went out shopping in a gas mask. Late to two shows , one in Nottingham and one in London . Getting kicked out of a night club because he tried to get a 14 year old kid in.

ETA - Also kicked out of the Langham hotel and needing to move to 45 Park lane last Wednesday !
    Forum Member
    There was a lot more than just the "Pap" incident. He went out shopping in a gas mask. Late to two shows , one in Nottingham and one in London . Getting kicked out of a night club because he tried to get a 14 year old kid in.

ETA - Also kicked out of the Langham hotel and needing to move to 45 Park lane last Wednesday !

Compared to some of the stuff that others have done in the music industry, it's nothing. Wow, a gas mask? Phew, he's born to be wild for sure.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I do think the reaction against the kid is becoming a bit OTT, he's just a teenage idol.
    And yes he does remind me of the young Britney they are both look death behind the eyes. This people get way to big, way too young.