Options

EE: So Is Kelvin Coming Back?........

StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
Forum Member
On Monday 23 Aug 2010 episode, Ian said he had found Kelvin on that social network site and the picture did look like Kelvin 20 years on without most of his hair, is the character of Kelvin coming back does anyone now and will it be the original actor?

I hope so to both questions. Be good generally and for Ian's character as well. Ian hasn't had a proper friend since he was a teenager at the begining of EE and even then by 1988 he was becoming a work aholic. Time for Ian to let his hair down with some male friends and hang out, no women this time per se like they usually do with him.

Comments

• Options
    ShamelessnessShamelessness Posts: 2,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it could really work. He could get together with Kim, then cheat on her with Denise, all the while giving Ian a much needed friend on the Square. With Alfie coming back, Ian, Kelvin and Alfie could make a good trio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it could really work. He could get together with Kim, then cheat on her with Denise, all the while giving Ian a much needed friend on the Square. With Alfie coming back, Ian, Kelvin and Alfie could make a good trio.

Kelvin was quite a nice guy so if he does come back, hopefully he isn't another cheat, but soaps being soaps, they might make him go down that track.

I would just like to see him and Ian be buddies, hang out together and then see how it goes without being nasty or cheating, just let it develop generally without a baggage story that comes with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Paul J Medford who originally played Kelvin is currently appearing on stage in 'Sweet Charity' (and he's very good in it as well!) along side Tamzin Outhwaite, so presumably won't have the time to film for EastEnders as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DavyBoy60 wrote: »
    Paul J Medford who originally played Kelvin is currently appearing on stage in 'Sweet Charity' (and he's very good in it as well!) along side Tamzin Outhwaite, so presumably won't have the time to film for EastEnders as well.

Depends on how long he will be performing on stage and how long his appearance may be of he does come back.

They should bring him back though or the character at the very least.
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Yes it would be really good if they brought Kelvin back and perhaps Cassie and Tony would be great to have the carpenters back :)
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember when Angie Watts did Tony in the bar after hours and Den found out it wasnt just Tony but 3 others as well lol.
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Anyone remember when Angie Watts did Tony in the bar after hours and Den found out it wasnt just Tony but 3 others as well lol.

Yh he could not really moan about it though because he was out with Jan :)
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    DavyBoy60 wrote: »

the actor that plays harry is also in the west end so it is possible :) never heard of kelvin before last night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    When did he leave?

I think it would be extremely random for someone to return randomly to live in Walford after 20 years:)
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine we would have heard if he was coming back? Maybe the actor just gave permission for his recent photo to be used? I wonder if he gets paid for that? lol
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love a reunion.

I still remember the song Ian, Kelvin and Sharon released!
  • Options
    CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did he leave?

I think it would be extremely random for someone to return randomly to live in Walford after 20 years:)

1987! I saw Paul J Medford in 'Sweet Charity' on stage at the weekend - he was superb. His career since EastEnders appears to have been mainly stage based, with only a few TV appearances.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the likes of Mary, Ali and Sue will probably get name-checks next:D
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    On Monday 23 Aug 2010 episode, Ian said he had found Kelvin on that social network site and the picture did look like Kelvin 20 years on without most of his hair, is the character of Kelvin coming back does anyone now and will it be the original actor?

I hope so to both questions. Be good generally and for Ian's character as well. Ian hasn't had a proper friend since he was a teenager at the begining of EE and even then by 1988 he was becoming a work aholic. Time for Ian to let his hair down with some male friends and hang out, no women this time per se like they usually do with him.

I hope he comes back though I wasn't mad about him all those years ago. Can't remember why. Still he was a good and credible character. Didn't he have a beautiful mother or did I imagine that one?

(Going off the point of Kelvin, I love that girl's (forgotten her name). grandmother, the African lady. She is such a good actress and can be so funny. She has recently played Adoja in Rev and was hilarious in that role, quite sexy and witty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the likes of Mary, Ali and Sue will probably get name-checks next:D

Mary did when Ian compared Zsa Zsa with her.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I could understand past names being mentioned around about the 25th anniversary in February but not 6 months after, unless he's coming back or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I could understand past names being mentioned around about the 25th anniversary in February but not 6 months after, unless he's coming back or something.

I think its being done to actually use the history of the show more often within episodes.
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

I think Peter and Lucy leaving school and being at a crossroads in their life has made Ian think back to his teenage years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Both Sharon and Michelle where vying for his affections I vaguely remember.

He seemed a bit loud, but he was a teenager then, which teenager in EE doesn't have their moments?

I've got a good intro for him as well. He could be coming back to the square because he fancies a move back homwe and has a job, needs a place to live and wants to rents that flat that Ian owns! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MuteBanana wrote: »
    I think Peter and Lucy leaving school and being at a crossroads in their life has made Ian think back to his teenage years.

Which is a brilliant way of exploring his character.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been endorsing a return for Kelvin for a long time. Nobody seemed to get me though, everyone thought I was being silly, it's too far to go back, there's no connections, it'd be pointless, random in fact...People need to change the way they view returns, it's not - it's NEVER - going over old ground, a long gap between appearances can bring out amazing story opportunites.

Oh...I do hope this is the start of a return. It would be fantastic for Ian, to find someone who only ever knew the innocent teenage boy, and try to rediscover himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea who Kelvin is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been endorsing a return for Kelvin for a long time. Nobody seemed to get me though, everyone thought I was being silly, it's too far to go back, there's no connections, it'd be pointless, random in fact...People need to change the way they view returns, it's not - it's NEVER - going over old ground, a long gap between appearances can bring out amazing story opportunites.

Oh...I do hope this is the start of a return. It would be fantastic for Ian, to find someone who only ever knew the innocent teenage boy, and try to rediscover himself.

I agree, nothing wrong with any character coming back generally.

Corrie bring back old characters, EE can do the same as Den Watts was bought back after about 15 years and he went out in about 88 originally and is a lot older in real life where Kelvin was a teenager and is still youngish now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The more I think of it, the more they need to bring Kelvin back for ian's sake because they can't keep on giivng Ian, womens troubles stories or troubles with his kids or hs business over and over again. They've done it enough allready over the years.

Bout time he had proper friends or old friends returning into his life.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    When ian played the tape of the song why didnt he mention to peter and Lucy that Sharon was singing the lead vocal? they all must know Sharon. Surely Ian would think to mention that.