Options

Amanda Platell from the Daily Mail

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
Forum Member
She seemed really bitchy on the panel. Never did like her. Botax much? not a line on her shiny face.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was awful! Her explanation of why she picked the clip of the women fighting really went down like a lead balloon.
  • Options
    sibooboosibooboo Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    She was awful! Her explanation of why she picked the clip of the women fighting really went down like a lead balloon.

Don't you mean Amanda Platell?:confused:
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She works at the Daily Mail - no wonder she has so much experience with b1tches! Although they're probably all male!
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean Amanda?

Odious woman. As are most the women (and men) who write for the Daily Mail
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    She's the female Tory version of Piers Morgan - utterly obnoxious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    :oOpps Sorry, meant Amanda. Will see if I can amend post. Imagine working with her. Shudder. She is EXACT the type of woman I could not bare to work with. Horrible up her self type.
  • Options
    sibooboosibooboo Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MediaO wrote: »
    :oOpps Sorry, meant Amanda. Will see if I can amend post. Imagine working with her. Shudder. She is EXACT the type of woman I could not bare to work with. Horrible up her self type.

LOL, now you've edited the title, my comment looks a bit silly!
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She used to work for William Hague when he was Tory leader but didn't get on with whoever took over from him, as far as I can remember.
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather unpleasant woman.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I thought she was awful, and her journalism is appalling.
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Amanda Platell hates women.She wishes she had a penis.
    She is the daily mails resident women basher.
    The mail hate women,but to make it seem not so sexist they hired Amanda Platell to do it so that it does not look so bad,because she too (debatably) is a women,and she hates women as much as they do.
  • Options
    JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did they put that gobshite on the final panel?
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I was paying attention much. I'm always mesmerised by her uncanny resemblance to Tatum O'Neal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hated this ****, ignored everything she said. Cannot believe they got her for the show. Really got me angry. Talking utter rubbish and was on her high horse more of the time.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She picked a clip which matched her own opinion (or perhaps one the BBC wanted to re-show). She's a journalist, it's what they do. Whatever she said, the girls did behave disrespectfully and Karren did lecture them about it at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    She picked a clip which matched her own opinion (or perhaps one the BBC wanted to re-show). She's a journalist, it's what they do. Whatever she said, the girls did behave disrespectfully and Karren did lecture them about it at the time.

There really was no point in rehashing that clip. Complete waste of airtime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    There really was no point in rehashing that clip. Complete waste of airtime.
    Why not? It was a key early moment. Contrasting with Stella's excellent management of the other team. Also I can't remember another time when the boardroom degenerated into a mass verbal brawl that needed a lecture to sort them out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? It was a key early moment. Contrasting with Stella's excellent management of the other team.

Yes, but they'd shown it at least five times by now. This Amanda person had nothing interesting to add about it, and they showed a clip of Karen being appalled by the girls' behaviour again just a few moments later.

And while I am a Stella fan, I have to admit she was quite lucky to have been sent to sort out the boys that week.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amanda's comment that it showed why women didn't get to boardroom level spoke volumes about her though; as if it said anything about women in general!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    Yes, but they'd shown it at least five times by now. This Amanda person had nothing interesting to add about it, and they showed a clip of Karen being appalled by the girls' behaviour again just a few moments later.

And while I am a Stella fan, I have to admit she was quite lucky to have been sent to sort out the boys that week.
    Fair enough, but she was asked for her highlight. You can't blame her for choosing something that suits her opinion.
    Amanda's comment that it showed why women didn't get to boardroom level spoke volumes about her though; as if it said anything about women in general!
    Indeed, but she's a columnist and she makes her living out of having strong opinions. Of course, any kind of generalisation about gender is wrong, and that goes equally for all the "girl power" nonsense which is spouted fairly often.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, but she was asked for her highlight. You can't blame her for choosing something that suits her opinion.

We can if we think her opinion is stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can if we think her opinion is stupid.
    I don't agree with her either, but I wouldn't say she's stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They did behave appallingly, but her attitude when she spoke about it came across as snide and not very good-natured, which was completely out of tone with the rest of the show.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Amanda Platell; all she ever does is criticise other women. She comes across as a very bitter woman indeed.
  • Options
    MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appeared Amanda Platell used the clip as an example of why women shouldn't be in top jobs in business. Women should know their place, look pretty, slim and stand by their men...that's in a Mail dominated world.

She came across as hating women but loving the posh boy (no offence to Chris, who I liked). Stop picking on her, she's only reflecting her newspaper's views, bless.