Playing it Straight making a return

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the way the final is going to go has become quite apparent now and I reckon it'll be a brilliant episode :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I've been convinced Sven is gay since the first show! I'm really unsure on the rest, I think Danny is probably straight, but the thing about him and Ben is throwing me off a bit... I think Dean might be gay and I have no idea about Sam. I'm gutted Ben is gone, I loved him! He was so sweet. :)
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sats_Fan wrote: »
    I've been convinced Sven is gay since the first show! I'm really unsure on the rest, I think Danny is probably straight, but the thing about him and Ben is throwing me off a bit... I think Dean might be gay and I have no idea about Sam. I'm gutted Ben is gone, I loved him! He was so sweet. :)

did you see Ben's tweet today that Danny favorited? I'm pretty sure they are seeing each other. Very cute :)
  • sj3000sj3000 Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    I've known Ben was gay since last week when I saw him in a London gay bar with someone who is still on the show... not entirely sure they are a couple now but they did have their tongues down each other's throat at one point.... spoiled it a bit for me :( He's *VERY* camp in real life, I'm surprised he made it so far but I guess as Cara mentioned, she really enjoyed his company.

I've really enjoyed this show... my guilty pleasure of the last few weeks.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how everyone on here is saying " . . . is OBVIOUSLY gay, how can she not see that!" only trouble is different people are saying that about pretty much all of them! :p I've been awful at guessing so far! Thought both Levi and Jorden were gay :o But my predictions for the final are :-

Sam - Straight (Although i seem to be in the minority here :o)
    Sven - Gay (and this is the one i've been most sure of, i think him telling Cara he doesn't fancy her is so he doesn't hurt her or give her any false impressions)
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Straight

So lets expect pretty much the opposite! :p

I also have to stick up for Cara as well! She seems really lovely, and genuinly has become attatched to alot of these guys, and how much paranoia would be on her mind, makes things incredibly hard for her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sj3000 wrote: »
    I've known Ben was gay since last week when I saw him in a London gay bar with someone who is still on the show... not entirely sure they are a couple now but they did have their tongues down each other's throat at one point.... spoiled it a bit for me :( He's *VERY* camp in real life, I'm surprised he made it so far but I guess as Cara mentioned, she really enjoyed his company.

:eek:You should have chucked a bucket of cold water over them and shouted "no spoilers" ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Danny seems the straightest to me, so this Ben story is really throwing me off! Also wasn't someone on the forum swearing that he was straight and the winner?!

Sven is the one that I am really, really thrown about. Cara's anger in the preview only really makes sense to me if it's directed at him, which makes me think he must be gay. I'm not so sure she'd be like that with Sam after Ben's elimination (I reckon after that she'd be fairly confident he's gay).

Thus... my final predictions are -

Sam - GAY
    Sven - GAY
    Danny - STRAIGHT
    Dean - STRAIGHT

I also agree Cara has been massively underrated. She's definitely attractive with an amazing body. That said I don't think she's universally hot. Because the straight blokes don't seem to be attracted to her, they're having a harder job proving themselves.

If Dean isn't straight I'll eat my hat. So sexy!
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    smile371 wrote: »
    I love how everyone on here is saying " . . . is OBVIOUSLY gay, how can she not see that!" only trouble is different people are saying that about pretty much all of them! :p I've been awful at guessing so far! Thought both Levi and Jorden were gay :o But my predictions for the final are :-

Sam - Straight (Although i seem to be in the minority here :o)
    Sven - Gay (and this is the one i've been most sure of, i think him telling Cara he doesn't fancy her is so he doesn't hurt her or give her any false impressions)
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Straight

So lets expect pretty much the opposite! :p

I also have to stick up for Cara as well! She seems really lovely, and genuinly has become attatched to alot of these guys, and how much paranoia would be on her mind, makes things incredibly hard for her!

I think he's straight too.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really want to know who you saw Ben kissing... :o
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really confused now. I was convinced Danny and Sven were straight and Dean and Sam gay but now I feel completely clueless again!

I now think Sven may be gay because when he was in the interrogation cell and she asked him about past girlfriends he was reeling the names off like a list as if he had pre-rehearsed them - it didn't sound natural.

It would be a big twist if Sam turned out to be straight considering his twin is gay!!

I wasn't surprised by last week's result but this week I think could be a major shocker!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    I am really confused now. I was convinced Danny and Sven were straight and Dean and Sam gay but now I feel completely clueless again!

I now think Sven may be gay because when he was in the interrogation cell and she asked him about past girlfriends he was reeling the names off like a list as if he had pre-rehearsed them - it didn't sound natural.

It would be a big twist if Sam turned out to be straight considering his twin is gay!!

I wasn't surprised by last week's result but this week I think could be a major shocker!!

I agree with you on everything :)

I'm sure Sven is gay because, as you say, everything with him seems very rehearsed. Shocking though with him saying "pick me and you'll walk away with 25k", I'm sure it's him she's telling to eff off in the promo!

Dean is still the one I can't make my mind up on - I'm fairly sure Danny and Sam and are both gay, so am thinking he must be straight just out of fairness to poor Cara :o
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    A friend told me I should give this show a go. So I did. I found the episode I watched totally offensive.

So a man is determined straight if he shows he is more macho and brave by abseiling and such and such? Gay men could never do that with guts. :D:rolleyes: I'm not usually one to have a sense of humour bypass, but I just couldn't find anything redeemable about the programme.

I assume it plays to stereotypes because it is made for a mainstream straight audience. Which is just as patronizing to the straight viewers.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    A friend told me I should give this show a go. So I did. I found the episode I watched totally offensive.

So a man is determined straight if he shows he is more macho and brave by abseiling and such and such? Gay men could never do that with guts. :D:rolleyes: I'm not usually one to have a sense of humour bypass, but I just couldn't find anything redeemable about the programme.

I assume it plays to stereotypes because it is made for a mainstream straight audience. Which is just as patronizing to the straight viewers.

I don't think of it like that AT ALL . It shows that the stereotypes aren't as clear cut as they are thought commonly. We've had a few camp straight guys, and a few straight acting gay guys go, so I don't think it is even trying to be offensive.
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you on everything :)

I'm sure Sven is gay because, as you say, everything with him seems very rehearsed. Shocking though with him saying "pick me and you'll walk away with 25k", I'm sure it's him she's telling to eff off in the promo!

Dean is still the one I can't make my mind up on - I'm fairly sure Danny and Sam and are both gay, so am thinking he must be straight just out of fairness to poor Cara :o

BIB - Or it could be that he is straight and he has a rant at her for not picking him as a safe bet to win 25k so you could interpret it either way :D!
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    n1ko0 wrote: »
    it has to be sam or sven

I'd hazard a guess at Sven. She seems to like the other guys a lot more...

Pahaha, I really want to know who you are talking about! :p Ohwell, it's only another 5 or so days!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member

Its a game show... for money.. with gay men on the show.. If it was so detrimental gay men wouldn't appear on it!! Seriously, chill out!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member

Please add into a spoiler who Sam was kissing !! please !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    did you see Ben's tweet today that Danny favorited? I'm pretty sure they are seeing each other. Very cute :)
    Yeah I've just seen it! He's so cute! It does seem likely that they are together, they are a lovely couple!:)
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    MB88 wrote: »
    Its a game show... for money.. with gay men on the show.. If it was so detrimental gay men wouldn't appear on it!! Seriously, chill out!!!

So gay men appear... for money. Its funny how people will put aside integrity for a few minutes of fame. :D I didn't say its deterimental to gay men, I said I found it offensive. I'm not speaking for the nation. Notice the smiley face I used? ;) I'm quite chilled thanks. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sats_Fan wrote: »
    Yeah I've just seen it! He's so cute! It does seem likely that they are together, they are a lovely couple!:)
    you know what they say?...If you love someone say it with a pancake ;):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So gay men appear... for money. Its funny how people will put aside integrity for a few minutes of fame. :D I didn't say its deterimental to gay men, I said I found it offensive. I'm not speaking for the nation. Notice the smiley face I used? ;) I'm quite chilled thanks. :)

The point of the show is to show that silly stereotypes ultimately mean nothing. The first series was won by a gay man who wasn't even remotely camp and by far the most macho guy in the whole thing. The girl picked him cause she assumed he was a safe bet and boy was she proved wrong.
    Well she wasn't actually because they gay guy she picked (anyone remember his name?) let her keep the money, he felt he had won by proving the point that stupid stereotypes of gay men are just that stupid stereotypes.
    Its been a while that was the jist I think...

But ultimately its just a bit of fun that pokes fun at straight men as well as it does gay men. I'm all for equal opportunities piss taking.

In regards to the preview of Cara teling someone to eff off next week don't we also hear her call them a "lying little S:eek::eek:t in the preview they show at the start of each show. So I think it must be one of the gay guys...
    In his interview yesterday Ben said there were two shockers one about some one who ISN'T gay and one about some one who IS.
    The ones most would be surprised being gay I think are Sven and Danny and given that im pretty much 100% sure Danny is gay and dating Ben, i'm going to go with him as the gay shocker and that must mean Sven is straigh :confused:

and then Dean and Sam are the two I think alot of people would be surprised were straight. No idea on those two though. Dean just seems a bit of a plonker so I'll go with him as straight and Sam as gay, but I wouldn't put money on it
  • Leanne 83Leanne 83 Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Danny is 100% straight as in interview mentions girls not men when asked about dating

Link is spoiler!!!

http://www.naughtyhorsemedia.com/interview-with-danny-from-e4s-playing-it-straight/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne 83 wrote: »
    Danny is 100% straight as in interview mentions girls not men when asked about dating

Link is spoiler!!!

http://www.naughtyhorsemedia.com/interview-with-danny-from-e4s-playing-it-straight/

That interview was published weeks ago and he has linked to it from his twitter several times. They also interviewed a few of the others including Cara. As he and all the boys are under contract to play it straight till the final, he would have had to continue to do so for any press including this interview. If he were to tell the interview I like boys actually he would have some very pissed off producers on his hands. This interview tells us nothing!
  • Leanne 83Leanne 83 Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    That interview was published weeks ago and he has linked to it from his twitter several times. They also interviewed a few of the others including Cara. As he and all the boys are under contract to play it straight till the final, he would have had to continue to do so for any press including this interview. If he were to tell the interview I like boys actually he would have some very pissed off producers on his hands. This interview tells us nothing!

Oh didn't know it was published weeks ago. And as for play it straight till the end, that makes sense duh! Should have known that!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne 83 wrote: »
    Oh didn't know it was published weeks ago. And as for play it straight till the end, that makes sense duh! Should have known that!!!

Lol yeah has been retweeting the link on twitter for weeks, its a good interview none the less thanks for sharing with the thread :)