Chris Rene from US X Factor signed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a360652/x-factor-usas-chris-rene-signs-record-deal.html

I only watched one episode of the US version and didn't think it was very good. I do think it's interesting that the finalists from the US show are being signed but there doesn't seem to be any buzz around the UK finalists this year. I would have expected there to be some news by now about Marcus or Amelia if something was going to happen soon, especially as our series finished before the US one.

Comments

• manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Chris, especially when performing the song that he had written himself. I'm really pleased for him. :)
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news. Thought he should of won to be honest as we already have Melanies in the industry but Chris is unique
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on Josh? I remember reading an article that he was getting signed aswell :confused:
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on Josh? I remember reading an article that he was getting signed aswell :confused:

There were rumours that he would be with Syco/Columbia. Although I don't think anything has been confirmed. So far, Simon seems to be betting big on LA Reid and likewise, LA Reid seems to be betting on X Factor as a big driver for his revival of Epic Records.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    There were rumours that he would be with Syco/Columbia. Although I don't think anything has been confirmed. So far, Simon seems to be betting big on LA Reid and likewise, LA Reid seems to be betting on X Factor as a big driver for his revival of Epic Records.

I'm sure LA is signing and re-booting a hell of a lot more acts than just his X-Factor acts. It looks like he's rebuilding the label from the ground up. XF acts are just a small part of his roster.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snuffles22 wrote: »
    I'm sure LA is signing and re-booting a hell of a lot more acts than just his X-Factor acts. It looks like he's rebuilding the label from the ground up. XF acts are just a small part of his roster.

He's already up to 4 which for any label is quite a significant number of signings. Plus he has taken Cher Lloyd on for the US. I can't remember one label taking on this many from American Idol in a single season, for example. And with the price tag on her and the association with X Factor, Melanie is going to be a hugely important launch this year for Sony in general.

Obviously he has a big job on his hands but it does seem that he is putting X Factor at the front of what he is doing in terms of new artists. The other thing he has done is bring in the likes of Avril Lavigne and Ciara from other Sony labels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    He's already up to 4 which for any label is quite a significant number of signings. Plus he has taken Cher Lloyd on for the US. I can't remember one label taking on this many from American Idol in a single season, for example. And with the price tag on her and the association with X Factor, Melanie is going to be a hugely important launch this year for Sony in general.

Obviously he has a big job on his hands but it does seem that he is putting X Factor at the front of what he is doing in terms of new artists. The other thing he has done is bring in the likes of Avril Lavigne and Ciara from other Sony labels.

As far as signing acts for a reality TV show, yes, it's highly unusual but I still think he's just trying to re-build Epic and he needs acts.

I love that fact that during the show LA clearly picked acts he thought would be a good fit for his label rather than "good TV".