Karma - Is it a satisfying phenomenon?

Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Should those keen to 'dish it out' be prepared to accept a dose of their own medicine with a bit of dignity rather than expect 'pity'.

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if you can "dish it out" you better stfu and take it when the same happens to you and not turn into a whiney douchebag.

Or yeah, essentially what you said.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I don't believe it's a phenomenon at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know some people who I would love to receive some karma:o
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MagiLisu wrote: »
    I know some people who I would love to receive some karma:o

Tell me about it. ;)
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is one of the most annoying concepts humanity has ever come up with. I find the belief that the universe has a sense of justice or that bad things happen to bad people and good things happen to good people sickeningly naive and out of touch with reality.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get back, what you give out. Eventually
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    I think it is one of the most annoying concepts humanity has ever come up with. I find the belief that the universe has a sense of justice or that bad things happen to bad people and good things happen to good people sickeningly naive and out of touch with reality.

Completely agree.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the chicken variety but would take lamb in a pinch.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Karma is probably all in the mind rather than based in reality - it may be bliss to imagine that those who are happy to commit crimes against others will feel the full wrath of Karma. The reality is much more prosaic - those of us sticking to to the rules get hammered - and those who dismiss them with a sniff take the risks, rarely get caught and milk benefits.

People are what they are - often a mixture of good and bad - all you can do is come to terms with your own victories and failures - and leave others to handle their own. Waiting for a cosmic justice for others will drive you mad.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When bad things happen to people because they themselves have done bad things, there is an element of satisfaction. I view it as natural justice, not some superstitious karmic effect.
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    When bad things happen to people because they themselves have done bad things, there is an element of satisfaction. I view it as natural justice, not some superstitious karmic effect.

That's how I view it. If you behave in a certain way towards others - and it comes back to bite you in the bum as it were -it is a form of natural justice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am serious when I say this. Those people who have insulted me in the past, they are now in very poor circumstances or have had some very serious illness. So sometimes I really scratch my head and wonder.....
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great song. :)
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its one of the most misunderstood and misapplied