Forum Member
Confirmed today on digitalspy

In on my phone do cant post the link yet but it's on main Ds page

Great news!!

Comments

• Little LeighLittle Leigh Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they show PCBH as well, as a double bill!!
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Ecstatic about this!! Thank you Channel 5! That's two of my ultimate favourite shows you have now revived! :)
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing the first being Dallas??
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bea Smith wants to be the guvnor, hahahahaha. Shes very full of herself.
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »

I was just reading the link to her story and thinking that!
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Seeing how they treated "Dallas", I am worried.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member

Bit late now since Wentworth has already been made - without her!

Putting Kris McQuade in was a fab move - she's great.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Seeing how they treated "Dallas", I am worried.

Im guessing this will also get the graveyard dallas 11pm slot....
  • Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great. Look forward to it, be good if they show the original too!!!
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    I'm guessing the first being Dallas??

No BB! Although the Dallas reboot has been very impressive and Channel 5 have treated it with utter contempt! :mad:
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen a preview of "Wentworth", I have to say it is VERY different from the series it's based upon. The only things
    that remain the same are the characters names. The prison is now called Wentworth Correctional Centre, and it looks a
    lot more like a real prison than the original Wentworth Dentention Centre. There's much stronger language used than in
    the original series, including several uses of the F word ... surprising since it's being shown at 8.30pm in Australia.
    Meg Jackson is now the Governor, rather than a senior officer. Vera Bennett now seems to be "the nice screw",
    unlike the hard faced b*tch in the original series. Erica Davison isn't even an officer in this series, but a lawyer.

Liz Birdsworth isn't the lovable old rogue anymore, but a straight laced "case worker" unlike the original Lizzie.
    Bea Smith is now a scared new inmate, but nothing like the tough "top dog" character on the original series.
    Doreen Anderson is now a young mother from the outset, unlike than the naive child-like original character.
    Frankie Doyle is still a lesbian like the original character, but is now the prison's "top dog" inmate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I hope they show PCBH as well, as a double bill!!

brill news and this would be a brill idea!! :):):):):)
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was too young to watch prisoner but I will watch this as I've only ever heard good things about it. Will someone who has never seen prisoner know what's going on etc?
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news ...:):) I just hope C5 treat it better than they have treated Dallas. A few episodes under perform and it'll be sent straight to the midnight slot.
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Oh god I can't wait :D even though i've never seen the original series from the trailer it looks great :D hope the UK doesn't have to wait too long
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In there a date for the new Wentworth to air on Australian TV?

I've just got the entire original series of Prisoner Cell Block H and as there are 692 episodes it will take me a while to watch them all before Wentworth starts.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    In there a date for the new Wentworth to air on Australian TV?
    It's starts tonight in Australia at 8.30pm.
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    I've just got the entire original series of Prisoner Cell Block H and as there are 692
    episodes it will take me a while to watch them all before Wentworth starts.
    All 692 episodes of the original series at about 45 minutes per episode between now and the premiere of the new series.
    Totally impossible! Even without any breaks or sleep, you might be able to manage the first 30 or so episodes.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Guvnor?:confused:With her criminal record?:rolleyes:

I've not forgotten the way she conned 'Mum' with the loss of memory 'act'.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    I've not forgotten the way she conned 'Mum' with the loss of memory 'act'.:mad:

it was genuine. She only regained her memory once she was back inside after Margo bashed her.
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    It's starts tonight in Australia at 8.30pm.

All 692 episodes of the original series at about 45 minutes per episode between now and the premiere of the new series.
    Totally impossible! Even without any breaks or sleep, you might be able to manage the first 30 or so episodes.

I think I had better wait until it is shown on Ch5 or I won't get any sleep!

Do we know when Ch5 will start it?
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think this series should have been made as a continuation of the original series much like Dallas rather than a "re-imagining". At least then some of the old faces could return in their respective roles. Before anyone starts you are never too old to play an inmate.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES!!! Cannot wait!!! Will Val Lehman be in it?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Still think this series should have been made as a continuation of the original series much like Dallas rather than a "re-imagining". At least then some of the old faces could return in their respective roles. Before anyone starts you are never too old to play an inmate.

This is what it should have been however its got great reviews so must be good.

No Val sadly isn't in it. No one from the 70s/80s is.
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne Charleston who played 3 roles in pcbh is guest staring in Wentworth she also was Madge in neighbours.