Options

Cats or dogs?

Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
Forum Member
Which any of you prefer cats or dogs? I prefer cats as I have got a cat and he is lovely and had him since he was a kitten last year :)

With cats at least they have the own independent and you don't have to take it out for a walk.

Not to keen on dogs, got nothing against dogs its just when I walk up to a dog I always keep thinking its going to attack me :D

But with dogs, they always need care around the clock like take it out all the time and even in bad weather.

Cats are the best animals.

Comments

• Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm voting cat.:)

I wonder if this thread will last more than a half dozen posts before dissolving into the usual acrimony and have to be locked?;)
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both, i was always a dog person and always had dogs, they are such loving animals (depending which type you get) and intelligent like my spaniels. But i have just got a kitten and i was never really into cats, but now i think they are great too. Each pet has a personality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote cat.

Not too keen on dogs, been bought up with cats ever since I was little. Don't mind some dogs, it's more the owners I hate but that's a different story for a different topic!
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always had dogs, until soon after my last one died, a little stray turned up miaowing at my back door late at night in the depths of winter...

I am now on my second cat! :)
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have both -and I couldn't choose between them
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I have both but prefer dogs.
    They may take more of my time but they are far more loving.
    Truly mans best friend.:)
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Always had dogs, until soon after my last one died, a little stray turned up miaowing at my back door late at night in the depths of winter...

I am now on my second cat! :)

Ahhhh, sounds like that was meant to be.

I'm voting dogs, just love them. However I'm rather fond of a neighbours cat, he's a little sweetie.
  • Options
    Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'm voting cat.:)

I wonder if this thread will last more than a half dozen posts before dissolving into the usual acrimony and have to be locked?;)

Am I missing something but why would it be locked? :confused:

Does this sort of topic break the forum rules? sorry but I don't know as I am a new member.
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogs all the way,nothing against cats, but dogs are the next best thing to kids, and in someways,better

We've got 2 lab crosses, so loving and gentle. One loves to watch Corrie, the other loves watching the news for some reason!
    We can leave them on their own and they're fine, they've got each other for company, so whether we need to go shopping or if we've got a gig or whatever, we know we can leave them.
    We know they;ll protect us, they guard us at night, they know when we're ill and watch over us then.
    I've got one now, using my foot as a pillow, while the other is on Mrs Divas foot :D

As for cats, well, I had them in my previous marriage and, they're fine, but all they really do is pop in for a bite to eat, and a quick hello, then off they go again.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    i like most animals including cats and dogs. most of them anyway i don't like big dogs , they do scare me a bit. i love cute little dogs though. but im definitely a cat person no question.
    Ive always found cats cute but we had our first family cat only 2 years ago believe it or not and that was when i really became cat mad. then when i moved in with my partner i was determined for us to get our own cat. we went onto get another cat just over a year later. we do have 2 cats now but one is missing :( and my cat love doesn't extend to pet owning. i melt when i see cute cats pics , videos and cats on adverts. if i see a cat out and about i always wave at it and say hello. i now collect cat things as well. when i go to car boots i not only by cat things especially pictures and ornaments but my partners mom ends up getting me cat objects. if i go into a shop that sells canvas prints i will always get a cat one that i see whether my fiance likes it or not :p. cats are the cutest and sweetest animals in the world and i just love them.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogs. I don't have toxoplasmosis.
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant choose I like both.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Both neither are better just different, well dogs may edge it even though I am presently in bed with the cat
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogs stink but I'm not overly keen on cats when they dribble.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cats win! :D
  • Options
    xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owen_Kent wrote: »

Does this sort of topic break the forum rules? sorry but I don't know as I am a new member.

doesn;t break any rules, but these types of thread crop up every few months and end in arguments! :D

i'll say my usual Dogs answer though.
    don;t mind cats, we actually feed, worm, flea and have an outdoor shelter for a stray who has taken a shine to us, but i just very much prefer dogs.
    been attacked too many times by cats for seemingly no reason to ever consider actually having our own.
    my friends cat ran up and sunk his claws into my legs when i was sat on her sofa, this cat then left home a few months later - yay loyalty.
    ex boyfriends housemates cat had me a few times. come to me to be stroked, then turn around and bite me.
    waking up at the ex-boyfriends mums house with the cat sinking her teeth into my claws.
    the one we look out for now has done it as well, suddenly grabbed hold of my foot one day under the dining room table, little git.

then there was the one which just appeared out of a gate way, ran up behind our geriatric dog, who was minding her own business and started laying into her rear end, then turned around ran at our other dog and swiped his nose!
    talk about a headcase. :rolleyes:

on the other hand, i've been bitten by dogs twice in my life, once on my face as a child, which i deserved
    and again earlier this year, grabbing hold of a very scared and lost german shepherd who could barely see due to ulcerated eyes.
    after seeing him nearly run down by no less than 6 different vehicles, a slightly munched hand was a small price to pay for not having to witness his demise and leave someone to have to scrape his remnants off the tarmac.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owen_Kent wrote: »

I notice the similar thread on General Discussion is now locked:D
  • Options
    Rascar_CapacRascar_Capac Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Dogs can guard property, herd animals, locate prey, retrieve prey, guide the blind, sniff out drugs and explosives, provide comfort.

Cats mince around looking superior and murdering garden birds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats more like it Rascar!

Just need a few more posts about cats crapping in gardens and dogs eating babies and this thread'll soon be locked:)
  • Options
    BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    CAT wins paws down. You should have seen my Bobbie find a little space in the dirt in the garden and settle her bum down for poo poos. She then spent 5 minutes digging a hole and covering it up. Dogs just drop their load and expect humans to pick it up, lazy so lazy. Cats wash themselves and groom, dogs wait for humans to wash them.....Dogs are soooo lazy!
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I love both animals, frew up with a dog. However when my mother re-married a second time it came with a brood of 3 dogs and a cat...long story short that relationship ended and we kept the cat. She was put to sleep in 2005.....went 7 years before getting the two moggies I have now. I love them both dearly, they both have a favourite in one of us (I get the fat greedy one haha). We were in July considering getting a dog but when we thought about it cats are enough and they like their own company which is fine if we are out the house during the day.

We are considering a kitten but that one will need some thought.
  • Options
    icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got both but I'd take the dog anyday .I find the relationship a million times better than with a cat .
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always had cats and dogs but if I got to a point when I could only have one or the other in future, it would be. Puddycat.
    Even though mine puked in my shoe at 5am yesterday morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    ...We are considering a kitten but that one will need some thought.

I think you need to be around most of the day for a kitten - plenty of grown-up cats needing new homes though!
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved all our cats when we had cats and have loved all our dogs too. But at heart I think I am a small dog person.