Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ok. The lecturer did talk to me. She asked me something about my research project. Don't know why she did it in front of everyone. She could've talked to me in private - or then again maybe not as the rumours will continue spreading. Seems to be dying down a bit. Most people were relieved when I said it wasn't true. I'd still prefer eating live bees :p

Hopefully it will all blow over soon. :) I know how you feel it's a horrible to be bullied. :(
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Haha I still can't believe they had the assumption that you were sleeping with her LOL.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Actually I could apply this situation to our Hudson heroes. Maybe some US Airways flight attendants (and passengers) think Sheila and Doreen are sleeping together when in fact they're good friends. They deny it and then the Hudson flight happens and that changes everything. :cool:
    x+y wrote: »
    Hopefully it will all blow over soon. :) I know how you feel it's a horrible to be bullied. :(

It should do. I told them it wasn't true and that I'd rather eat live bees washed down with sulphuric acid. One of the lads claimed he had a date with her tonight but he might have been winding me up. Oh well, he can have her if he wants her :D
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I had put Ubuntu on my new laptop as I thought Unity would run better on a newer spec machine. Nope, still the same slowness, freezing and crashing :(

Back to Xubuntu for me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I had put Ubuntu on my new laptop as I thought Unity would run better on a newer spec machine. Nope, still the same slowness, freezing and crashing :(

Back to Xubuntu for me :D

That's a shame. I thought Ubuntu was supposed to be good and it wasn't supposed to crash? Sounds like it's getting as bad as Windoze :(
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a shame. I thought Ubuntu was supposed to be good and it wasn't supposed to crash? Sounds like it's getting as bad as Windoze :(

It's the Unity desktop environment that does it. Compiz as well, that is unstable as hell.

I have no issues with the xfce desktop.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Morning :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey how is everyone :)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon HM! I'm ok, no sign of my slave driver lecturer anywhere :p I still can't believe people thought I was sleeping with her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon. :) hope you're all well.

I've spent the day watching season four of Gossip Girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Argh! I was supposed to get my exam results at 4 but the college website is down and I don't know when it'll be fixed >:( Absolutely typical! I'm just trying to get on with my research stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd be trying to avoid exam results! :D Hope that you get the results that you want, cnbc.

I'm listening to "In The Zone" but my laptop is about to die. I hate it when it has low battery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would rather I didn't know but mum and dad want to know. I just checked again and they still haven't been put up. I'm off to a Harry Potter convention this evening. The convention is on the whole weekend :cool: In The Zone is one of my favourite Britney albums :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all :)

For some reason I've been in a 90's rock mood this week Alanis, Nirvana, Hole I think it's cos all the 90's fashion is back in ;p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening HM! Sounds fun :D Still no exam results yet. I'm just working on my research. I've gotta email it to her soon :o I told her last night (in the lecture :D) I would email the stuff to her today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm back. :)

I hate it when my laptop runs out of battery.
    Evening all :)

For some reason I've been in a 90's rock mood this week Alanis, Nirvana, Hole I think it's cos all the 90's fashion is back in ;p

I've been listening to the 90s a lot lately too. Fiona Apple's music has been on repeat for the past week. I need to dig out my copy of "Celebrity Skin" by Hole. That's a great album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got some results back:

Labour Law 1 - 51%
    International Protection of Human Rights - 54%
    Land Law 1 - 67%

Still waiting for Equity 1 and Evidence 1. I'm pleased :D I thought I had failed a certain lecturer's exam, but I passed ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done CNBc passed in everything :)

And I really want to get some hole albums as well as Melancholy and The Infinite Sadness by the Smashing Pumpkins :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done CNBc passed in everything :)

Yep. I thought I was gonna fail Land Law as I didn't do well in it but I had an essay which helped :p And I passed THAT lecturer's exam :D I got 40% in Tom The Cat's one. Just waiting for Equity now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many do you need to pass in total to continue on to Masters :)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure, I just need a 2:1. There's the summer exams to do yet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not too bad and, your well on your way to, just the exams to get out fo the way now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done, CNBC!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's not too bad and, your well on your way to, just the exams to get out fo the way now :)

Yep! I should be able to manage it :D Well I have my essays to do as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No Equity result yet! That lecturer is something else. At least L.A., Tom the Cat and the others posted the results.