Options

Ee Nancy Is So Annoying

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
Forum Member
That stupid false laugh and nasally voice make me cringe. Her acting is so false. She tries to act naturally but it doesnt work. And yet she won best newcomer at the soap awards. I just find her annoying.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I dunno, I quite like her. I just wish she was given something more to do.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nancy is fab and deserves her own storyline but please DTC keep her away from deadwood Dexter.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Nancy is a proper gem of a character who seems to blend well/work well with the majority of other characters onscreen.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    That stupid false laugh and nasally voice make me cringe. Her acting is so false. She tries to act naturally but it doesnt work. And yet she won best newcomer at the soap awards. I just find her annoying.

I always find it interesting when I read spitefully bitter posts like this. I always believe those behind it have some sort of personal agenda against the actors/characters.

"She tries to act naturally but it doesn't work"

If you can sense the actress' naturalistic style then surely it's working. Lol boohoo.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »

I couldn't disagree more. I think she's one of the best in the show. I love her tomboyishness, her strength and she's great at interacting
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't disagree more. I think she's one of the best in the show. I love her tomboyishness, her strength and she's great at interacting

This ^^^^. and when I saw Shirley and Nancy acting together, I though what good casting Nancy had been. she actually does look as though she could be Shirley's granddaughter :)
  • Options
    BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's one of the best things to happen to EE in years. She has great screen presence and she has leading lady material stamped all over her if only she was given her own storyline (which didn't involve Dexter)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    How dare you :o
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find her annoying too. They've made a caricature of her tomboy persona by making her dress like a 11 year old boy. She comes across as babyish and brash at the same time in a horrible mix.

Hope she and the army brother are written out soon.

Johnny can stay though.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more of a casual EE fan now and catch it as much as I can. I have to say though that she's a fantastic character. The actress plays the part really well.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a ****! I hate how they've made her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    I find her annoying too. They've made a caricature of her tomboy persona by making her dress like a 11 year old boy. She comes across as babyish and brash at the same time in a horrible mix.

Johnny can stay though.

it's refreshing to me to see a female not defined by her looks or physical appearance. the tomboy stuff is a huge part of why I like her. I like johnny but nancy us definitely my favourite of the kids.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She's the best of the Carter children. Nancy lights up the screen whatever she's wearing.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »

Johnny can stay though.

This. I agree! Is there REALLY a need for THREE Carter 'kids'?

Lee is an idiot and no one will miss the character IMO! And they need to either axe Johnny or Nancy, and severely work on whoever they keeps character! I'd prefer them to axe Nancy though!

This is the problem with Nancy, she's so boring and immature, I feel like watching my 7 year old sister sometimes, and she dresses like such a **** IMO, no offense to anyone who dresses like that, but I'm allowed to have my opinion:D I just find her so annoying and cringey! This is the problem with the you get cast on EastEnders, when you used to watch an episode you'd have archie and janine on one scene, pat and peggy in the next or Mel and Steve, then nick and dot etc... Now, we still get all that, but they're obsessed with the younger cast! In between all the drama, we have abi branning moaning (again) jaqueline jossa kissing someone (again) dexter being a ******** (again) and it just don't work IMO!:P I think the younger cast seriously need to be cut down, not just Nancy, but Tamwar, Dexter, Abi, Lee, all need to go! The writing for them is awful and there's nothing for them IMO! It's the fact that Liam and Cindy, who are younger and still at school, are so much better characters to watch, with some interesting writing aswell!

Sorry to rant on:blush:
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her hair.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I love her hair.

The actress is gorgeous but that's irrelevant. The character Nancy is very annoying.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her but feel she very underused and the tomboyish dress sense is a bit off putting not even dressing like a tom boy but it seems she is dressed as a 90s rapper reject, Maddy Hill is stunning and dresses so nice in RL.

I'm don't find her pairing with babyish and immature Dexter any better, rather see her with Tamwar!
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her childish personality. She reminds me of myself tbh. I'm a tomboy too and I don't know why people are going on about what she wears. What's the big deal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They will never axe Nancy, she is a popular character.
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Nancy and I've enjoyed her scenes with Tamwar.

I hope she doesn't end up with Dexter.
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good character, lovely actress..by far the best of the younger characters , only Lauren is as good in the younger ones maybe,...and she is where she is supposed to be , working at home.....Lee is supposed to be in the Army ?? and Johnny at Uni ??....only drawback with Nancy is they are going to pair her up with the awful Dexter.....
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I like her childish personality. She reminds me of myself tbh. I'm a tomboy too and I don't know why people are going on about what she wears. What's the big deal?

Do you wear the same clothes as Nancy then? Does anyone actually walk about like that? Where the heck do they get those clothes from anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    Do you wear the same clothes as Nancy then? Does anyone actually walk about like that? Where the heck do they get those clothes from anyway.

if you're asking do tomboys exist then yes. what does it matter what she wears? The digs about her clothes are extremely shallow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nancy could wear a bin bag and still look hot to me, she is gorgeous.:)
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, she's sweet and feisty.