Options

Corrie actor suffers with OCD.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
Forum Member
✭✭
It was just being discussed on the radio but I didn't catch the name. Anyone know who it is?

It's Ian Puleston-Davies

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    It was just being discussed on the radio but I didn't catch the name. Anyone know who it is?

Probably Anthony Cotton...Has to act shite permanantly:D
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    is he even in the show yet I looked him up cos I've never heard his name before. Have seen him though he was in hollyoaks near the beginning and apparently every other soap at some point. Just needs to get into Emmerdale and he's done.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a genuine case of OCD or another occupant hopping on to the 'celebrity victim' bandwagon??
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^I was thinking the same. People usually say it in a jokey manner. "I'm such a control freak! Everything has to be perfect!"
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Is this a genuine case of OCD or another occupant hopping on to the 'celebrity victim' bandwagon??

It's genuine and has been well documented for a few years, he wrote a drama a few years ago based around his experience of OCD. It was also mentioned on the commentary accompaning Funland, about a scene where his character has to clean up after a shooting and how difficult the actor found the scene. Not every 'celeb' makes things up.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just that there are so many celebrities these days who casually mention the fact "they're a bit OCD" just because they line up a few Pepsi cans or whatever.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's genuine and has been well documented for a few years, he wrote a drama a few years ago based around his experience of OCD. It was also mentioned on the commentary accompaning Funland, about a scene where his character has to clean up after a shooting and how difficult the actor found the scene. Not every 'celeb' makes things up.

Ian was so brilliant in Funland, one of the best performances I've ever seen. Co-written by EE's Simon Ashdown and the League of Gentlemen's Jeremy Dyson it was definitely a mix of EE drama with the dark as hell humour of the League, one of my favourite pieces of television in the last 5 years or so!

OCD is definitely a real and serious thing even though it's very easy to joke about.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Ian was so brilliant in Funland, one of the best performances I've ever seen. Co-written by EE's Simon Ashdown and the League of Gentlemen's Jeremy Dyson it was definitely a mix of EE drama with the dark as hell humour of the League, one of my favourite pieces of television in the last 5 years or so!

OCD is definitely a real and serious thing even though it's very easy to joke about.

I really liked Funland, and watched it with my parents, although regretted that decision when some of the scenes came up! Me and my mum were just casually discussing the ending when we were eating in a restaurant, i feel for the person who may have overheard us talking!

If people had bothered to google Ian and 'OCD', reports from a few years ago would have come up and it would have been plain to see it's not made up. I thought people would have remembered from the drama he did in 2005 about the subject, but obviously not!