Manipulative production to sir bruce Forsyth.

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
To say that the production not only are manipulative to sir Bruce Forsyth for making him work for as long as possible, but I think his sense of humour on stage is pushed by the bosses because he is so slow at stuff like reading an autocue. Its because of them that he is annoying, no other reason. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    To say that the production not only are manipulative to sir Bruce Forsyth for making him work for as long as possible, but I think his sense of humour on stage is pushed by the bosses because he is so slow at stuff like reading an autocue. Its because of them that he is annoying, no other reason. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

In English please ???
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on!
    He's annoying in any circumstances.
    When he's interviewed on Claudia's week-night show, he does the same thing, tries to take over and is even more annoying.
    No one makes him do it.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It’s a tv show and anyone can interpret Brucie in any way they like.

Brucie’s been an entertainment maestro for years and I like him being there but that doesn’t keep him there. There’s no sentiment in show business and if the consensus surrounding Brucie was he wasn’t good for the show and should depart, there’d be no reason for SCD to keep him. They’d let him go but Brucie’s tenure at the top continues and with a signed contract in his hand it’s intended he’ll be there again as host.

Those with their finger on the button use their own finger to push their own button before, during, after and between shows.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on!
    He's annoying in any circumstances.
    When he's interviewed on Claudia's week-night show, he does the same thing, tries to take over and is even more annoying.
    No one makes him do it.

I agree. I've always found him annoying - just thinking of those ghastly game shows he used to do, makes me shudder.

He was the host of 'Have I Got News for You' sometime ago, and even that he managed to make all about himself.

He may be a showbiz "legend" (if only for the number of years he's been in it) but a little humility never goes amiss.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I agree. I've always found him annoying - just thinking of those ghastly game shows he used to do, makes me shudder.

He was the host of 'Have I Got News for You' sometime ago, and even that he managed to make all about himself.
    Switched on Dave for a laugh at a repeat of HIGNFY last night and there he was! Ugh! Rapid change of plan and switch to something else!
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »

He may be a showbiz "legend" (if only for the number of years he's been in it) but a little humility never goes amiss.

He has hosted twice, his first stint was so well received that the BBC signed him up and actively began building/formatting shows that would suit him. One of them was a quiz and another was a celebrity version of Come dancing.....
    Without Brucie there would have been no Strictly;):p

Thank you Brucie:)
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Switched on Dave for a laugh at a repeat of HIGNFY last night and there he was! Ugh! Rapid change of plan and switch to something else!

The Test-card? :D
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    He has hosted twice, his first stint was so well received that the BBC signed him up and actively began building/formatting shows that would suit him. One of them was a quiz and another was a celebrity version of Come dancing.....
    Without Brucie there would have been no Strictly;):p

Thank you Brucie:)
    Did see one of the original HIGNIFY with him on and cringed the whole way through. It was obvious that neither Ian nor Paul knew what to make of what he did to their show. The look of disbelief on their faces at times was interesting.

Of course there'd have been Strictly without Bruce! Fortunately he's only a small part of it as the host - the celebs, professional dancers and judges are what make it worth watching.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    A lot of your threads in this forum of late include numerous angry smilies, Paul...
    Forum Member
    Did see one of the original HIGNIFY with him on and cringed the whole way through. It was obvious that neither Ian nor Paul knew what to make of what he did to their show. The look of disbelief on their faces at times was interesting.

Of course there'd have been Strictly without Bruce! Fortunately he's only a small part of it as the host - the celebs, professional dancers and judges are what make it worth watching.
    Watching another HIGNFY repeat on Dave and in a totally unrelated context, Ian has just said he would like to see Bruce happily retired. Think that says what he thought of Bruce being on HIGNFY.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There’s not only Brucie but a whole show to watch.

An ineffectual gang on DS banging their heads against a brick wall year after year and stropping about him hasn’t registered anywhere. Brucie is the one SCD want so like it or lump it's a Brucie bonus and he’s fronting the show for another year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    There’s not only Brucie but a whole show to watch.

An ineffectual gang on DS banging their heads against a brick wall year after year and stropping about him hasn’t registered anywhere. Brucie is the one SCD want so like it or lump it's a Brucie bonus and he’s fronting the show for another year.

Well said :cool::cool::cool:
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as long as Bruce is host on Strictly - there'll always be complaints - it's not just confined to DS - the issues with him as host are posted on lots of forums, in comments under Strictly articles and twitter.

I do remember hearing the story that Strictly was created around his return to tv. The producer who originally pitched the idea whose now sadly passed away was also the person who brought Big Brother to UK tv. I reckon he would have created the idea anyway regardless of Bruce. Bruce did also host another shortlived quiz show around the time of Strictly - the one that was created for him already mentioned. What happened to that? I'm sure I remember seeing him hosting another quiz.

I've liked Bruce in the past and have defended him on other forums, but all I see nowadays is a man who can't do his job very well and the BBC pandering to a huge ego. I don't feel the so called 'show biz legend' status and the fear of BBC 'ageism' backlash are enough reason to keep him on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the thing is , its getting quite tiresome because most people complain Every. Single. Year and yet he keeps coming back so I feel like its a bit useless at this point :confused:
    It seems like the more people complain, the more the BBC executives hold on to their decision to keep him :rolleyes::confused:.So maybe, just maybe if less people complain, his contract may finally be terminated :D:D:D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have defended him in the past , I must admit but recently some of his hosting skills have become quite embarrassing and cringeworthy to watch :o:o:o so I understand why many people complain but he is apparently here to stay , well for at least this season so...SHRUG....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    But the thing is , its getting quite tiresome because most people complain Every. Single. Year and yet he keeps coming back so I feel like its a bit useless at this point :confused:
    It seems like the more people complain, the more the BBC executives hold on to their decision to keep him :rolleyes::confused:.So maybe, just maybe if less people complain, his contract may finally be terminated :D:D:D.

But the same accusations can be made at the complainers who complain at the complainers ;)

I just think it's in people's natures to vent when they see a situation they dont like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    But the same accusations can be made at the complainers who complain at the complainers ;)

I just think it's in people's natures to vent when they see a situation they dont like.

BIB Good one ;):D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as long as Bruce is host on Strictly - there'll always be complaints - it's not just confined to DS - the issues with him as host are posted on lots of forums, in comments under Strictly articles and twitter.

I do remember hearing the story that Strictly was created around his return to tv. The producer who originally pitched the idea whose now sadly passed away was also the person who brought Big Brother to UK tv. I reckon he would have created the idea anyway regardless of Bruce. Bruce did also host another shortlived quiz show around the time of Strictly - the one that was created for him already mentioned. What happened to that? I'm sure I remember seeing him hosting another quiz.

I've liked Bruce in the past and have defended him on other forums, but all I see nowadays is a man who can't do his job very well and the BBC pandering to a huge ego. I don't feel the so called 'show biz legend' status and the fear of BBC 'ageism' backlash are enough reason to keep him on.

Brucie’s said himself he’s not getting any younger but just like everyone else he doesn’t know when he’ll take the final bow. I’ve never anticipated working until I‘m Brucie age but that‘s what he wants to do and I’ll very happily watch him hosting the show until he retires. Whoever takes over will have enormous dancing shoes to fill but with him gone I’d still watch SCD if the show doesn’t go into retirement with him.
    Forum Member
    Whoever takes over will have enormous dancing shoes
    How many times? - he isn't a dancer; he's a hoofer. Which means he tap dances in a particular way. Look it up. For me "a dancer" has to be able to do a variety of dance types to a high standard.

Although he might be an excellent hoofer and able to do the salsa, by no stretch of the imagination can he do a variety of dances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times? - he isn't a dancer; he's a hoofer. Which means he tap dances in a particular way. Look it up. For me "a dancer" has to be able to do a variety of dance types to a high standard.

Although he might be an excellent hoofer and able to do the salsa, by no stretch of the imagination can he do a variety of dances.

Brucie is the host on a dancing show and it’s a turn of phrase but Brucie doesn’t wear tap shoes unless he‘s tap dancing.

Hislop and Merton send up each other and everyone else mercilessly on HIGNFY. Brucie’s first appearance is considered one of the most memorable and he’s only appeared on it twice.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a437663/have-i-got-news-for-you-records-us-pilot-for-tbs.html

Brucie wasn’t in the first flush of youth when SCD started but now there’s the myth that the BBC fears an ageism backlash. Just another spurious prop along with all the others by aspiring to establish as fact what’s nothing deeper than personal conjecture

Those who want to will use any amount of supposition to support their beliefs whilst Brucie’s acclaimed for showing how it’s done and back again to host SCD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who want to will use any amount of supposition to support their beliefs whilst Brucie’s acclaimed for showing how it’s done and back again to host SCD.

And that applies to Brucie supporters too ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that applies to Brucie supporters too ;)

I like Brucie, he’s hosted each year and is hosting again this year because the BBC have informed the public he’s the signed the contract and added appropriately enough he's the life and soul of their show. :)

There’s nothing supposed about it although I'd agree that the facts might not meet with someone else’s myths and fantasies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Brucie, he’s hosted each year and is hosting again this year because the BBC have informed the public he’s the signed the contract and added appropriately enough he's the life and soul of their show. :)

There’s nothing supposed about it although I'd agree that the facts might not meet with someone else’s myths and fantasies.
    BIB So you've made abundantly clear throughout the thread.

Nobody is disputing the fact that his contract has been renewed albeit with less shows than he did last year ;)

Some of us are just disagreeing with the BBC's decision and the claims which seem to be presented as 'fact' that he's a good host for Strictly - the claims are not fact - they're opinions. The last time I checked I paid my license fee and had a right to question their opinions/decisions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB So you've made abundantly clear throughout the thread.

Nobody is disputing the fact that his contract has been renewed albeit with less shows than he did last year ;)

Some of us are just disagreeing with the BBC's decision and the claims which seem to be presented as 'fact' that he's a good host for Strictly - the claims are not fact - they're opinions. The last time I checked I paid my license fee and had a right to question their opinions/decisions.

The BBC doesn’t need me to tell them Brucie is a good host as it’s fact as far as SCD is concerned. The BBC recommission the show each year and offer or retract the contracts. I’m also a license holder and in agreement with the BBC. Those who want to grumble do it incessantly intertwining opinions with non fact and optimising them as truths. I’ve never denied it.