Options

Fear The Walking Dead Season 1 UK Pace

Comments

• Options
    johnson293johnson293 Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up with all 3 episodes this week (from 'other' sources), and we are enjoying it.

Its good to see the outbreak from the perspective of people with no clue of what's going on, and the sense of dread for the viewer who knows how this is ultimately going to pan out.
    Mandark wrote: »
    I must admit that I really didn't enjoy the pilot much at all. It was the duff characters rather than the premise. Don't like the junkie son character. The pushy mom doesn't feel right either. The stepdad? Seems a better character but he's a bit too low key. As you say you worry about the quality of the writing when they try to pour doubt on what the audience knows from the off - zombies are on the loose!!

I didn't see that as trying pour doubt on the audience - its showing that the doubt is with the characters, hence how something like this could happen, and take hold quite quick.

He's a drug addict claiming that there were mutilated bodies, with one being eaten - who would believe that right off? He even doubted himself, hence going to see his dealer to ask what the stuff was he had taken.

Its the lack of belief and understanding that allows the outbreak to spread as quickly. Also..
    The writers have apparently stated that in TWD universe, Zombie films, etc don't exist, hence why no-one suddenly shouts... 'ITS A ZOMBIE'!!

I also like how most of the walkers in this so far, still just look like shambling people, apart from those with visible attack marks. That would also cause the panic/unrest with the police seemingly shooting people for little reason.
  • Options
    Joelious_OsmanJoelious_Osman Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    4 is so boring
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    for some reason episode 4 was shown this morning at 2am have it recorded but haven't seen it yet (think they are showing it at the same time as US now)

it is on tonight usual time
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for some reason episode 4 was shown this morning at 2am have it recorded but haven't seen it yet (think they are showing it at the same time as US now)

it is on tonight usual time

Is AMC UK starting to air new episodes same time as USA now?
    SKY used to do it with Game of thrones so it could be something AMCUK have started to do.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    SKY used to do it with Game of thrones so it could be something AMCUK have started to do.
    I think they caught up in episodes because there was no episode on labour day weekend in the states.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »

looks like it :-D, good news although i will not be staying up that late to watch
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bah, not sure where the UK pace is
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    I enjoyed the first two minutes more than the rest of the episode. )

You've posted in the UK thread, don't think you meant to?
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've posted in the UK thread, don't think you meant to?
    And still didn't catch it in time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    And still didn't catch it in time!

No, you've caught it in time to delete it.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched ep 4 tonight I guess some will find it boring .. my Son did but I like the pace and seeing how it all started without zombie fights all the time.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    It reminds me a bit of the leftovers, we are seeing the impact it is having on people rather than the actual disaster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit slow and had its good points...could do without another post-apocalyptic corrupt US Army though. Sigh...
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    It reminds me a bit of the leftovers, we are seeing the impact it is having on people rather than the actual disaster.

And what a completely unlikable bunch they are too.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    johnson293 wrote: »
    Caught up with all 3 episodes this week (from 'other' sources), and we are enjoying it.

Its good to see the outbreak from the perspective of people with no clue of what's going on, and the sense of dread for the viewer who knows how this is ultimately going to pan out.

I didn't see that as trying pour doubt on the audience - its showing that the doubt is with the characters, hence how something like this could happen, and take hold quite quick.

He's a drug addict claiming that there were mutilated bodies, with one being eaten - who would believe that right off? He even doubted himself, hence going to see his dealer to ask what the stuff was he had taken.

Its the lack of belief and understanding that allows the outbreak to spread as quickly.
    Fair point but watching the characters play dumb and trying to talk sense into walkers just feels silly. Wonder if this series is going to be a turkey!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I finally got the chance to see last mondays episode, thought it was a bit slow but the ending was good, dread to think what the military are planning to do to Griselda and Nick (he is annoying but doesn't deserve to have anything bad happen to him)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally got the chance to see last mondays episode, thought it was a bit slow but the ending was good, dread to think what the military are planning to do to Griselda and Nick (he is annoying but doesn't deserve to have anything bad happen to him)

LOL didn't deserve anything bad to happen to him.

I've wanted him to die a horrible death ever since he appeared in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL didn't deserve anything bad to happen to him.

I've wanted him to die a horrible death ever since he appeared in the show.

his main problem is his drug addiction, obsessed with getting his fix and i suspect that may get him killed in the end.

i think he is gonna get worse and will prove to be a problem but he isn't a bad person
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got bored after the 4th episode though I may come back later and binge watch if I hear it improves.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Got bored after the 4th episode though I may come back later and binge watch if I hear it improves.

There's only 6 eps in total in season 1 so you'll only have 2 to binge watch.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe i just read this but Fear The Walking Dead will have a spin-off of its own. An online spin-off called Flight 462.
    Fear the Walking Dead's online spinoff Flight 462 is arriving just in time for the AMC show's season finale.

16 minute-long Flight 462 episodes are set to begin on October 4 in the US on AMC's website, the same day as Fear the Walking Dead ends its first season.

Flight 462 takes place mid-flight, as a zombie wreaks havoc at 30,000 feet.

As previously announced by AMC, one character who survives the zombie attack will be integrated into Fear the Walking Dead season two.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Can't believe i just read this but Fear The Walking Dead will have a spin-off of its own. An online spin-off called Flight 462.

You saw what was probably the Plane in an earlier episode.

At one point Nick (I think) looks up and sees a Plane flying erratically.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outbreak on a plane not good. Trapped with 'infected' then fireball and goodnight.

There is alot of hate over this show elsewhere because of TWD but I think to some degree this show does work.

After all in a real world situation if you are use to accepting that the authories are doing the 'right' thing and helping you then you don't feel inclinded to object.

We know things will get worse, that LA will fall, the military and government will collapse and life will go to hell in a bucket but the folks in the show don't so they think things will work out the world will go back to normal and they'll have to get back worrying about traffice jams, queues at the bank and paying the bills not dealing with undead hordes, cannibals and all a manor of horror and hard work.

The show I think will be worth a second season and AMC will milk both shows for as long as possible so we may get to a cross over point sort of at some future date.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    And what a completely unlikable bunch they are too.
    Aren't they just? almost the end of the first series( will their be another?) and I could not care less about any of them, even the barber bloke is getting on my nubs.
    I don't feel that this is really working, it is just too slow paced, a whole series and we have hardly moved forward.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    So gutted i've not seen any of this. Im quite the dinosaur when it comes to downloaded online. any help most appreciated

Bah BT Customers only!