Options

The walking dead season 6 (US Sunday/UK Monday) no spoilers

So its back on Sunday the 11th in the states and Monday the 12th in the uk.

The trailer looks amazing.

https://youtu.be/cgX1geb4FlA

I thought we could discuss the show in a joint thread as we did last year as the show is being shown so close to each other on either side of the Atlantic.

Comments

• Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to both the show and this thread. I look forward to this thread once the show airs because it will be met with the inevitable hoards of people moaning about US Pacers mentioning what happened in the episode.
  • Options
    innes_calaninnes_calan Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Whats the chances a Free to view or a FTA channel will pick up there series again next year?
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe it's back next week. So happy .

Here's the new trailer, and cast updates with spoilers too

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/the-walking-dead/239960/the-walking-dead-season-6-news-new-promo-trailers-cast-images-premiere-date
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    So its back on Sunday the 11th in the states and Monday the 12th in the uk.

The trailer looks amazing.

https://youtu.be/cgX1geb4FlA

I thought we could discuss the show in a joint thread as we did last year as the show is being shown so close to each other on either side of the Atlantic.

am looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Epic trailer, 4min long! Far to many little spoilers for my liking, Still 6 days to go.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the final episode of fear the walking dead season 1 it's properly whetted my appetite for season 6 of the walking dead. 3/4 days to go.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that Fox UK is now also showing The Talking Dead immediately after TWD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talking_Dead
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    So looking forward to this :)
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the chances a Free to view or a FTA channel will pick up there series again next year?

Not sure about that.

But if anybody has access to a decent Motorized Satellite setup, it's FTA on the Fox Arabia channel on 7W - they show most things in English, so I presume that will be also. It airs Monday nights at 7PM our time, starting next week.
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [URL="The Walking Dead –*everything you need to know in one handy infographic

http://gu.com/p/4d59a?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard"]The Walking Dead –*everything you need to know in one handy infographic[/URL]
    Also copied to S5 thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    [URL="The Walking Dead –*everything you need to know in one handy infographic

http://gu.com/p/4d59a?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard"]The Walking Dead –*everything you need to know in one handy infographic[/URL]
    Also copied to S5 thread.

Is it supposed to be blank?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget UK pace folks DO NOT read any further until you have seen the episode as the episode has now been shown at US pace and may be discussed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. I read the ign review and both the reviewer and people commenting are under the impression the horn is an alarm from Alexandria and no-one seems to be entertaining the idea that it could be the Wolves blaring the horn to lure the walkers back to destroy Alexandria.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Great episode. I read the ign review and both the reviewer and people commenting are under the impression the horn is an alarm from Alexandria and no-one seems to be entertaining the idea that it could be the Wolves blaring the horn to lure the walkers back to destroy Alexandria.
    the first thing that came to my mind wax that it was in fact the Wolves. I can't imagine that anyone back at Alexandria would use an alarm or even become a turncoat and turn on rick and Co.

Also
    by emptying the quarry surely it just opens up for more to attack Alexandria ? I get that they were gunna send them into another direction but stragglers woukd always fall back. Rick idea is flawed and it owoukd have been muh better to shore up the defence of the quarry, they could have used vehicles and the big walls to keep them in.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ..tonight - Come On!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ..tonight - Come On!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a good un. Might watch it again tonight .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the first thing that came to my mind wax that it was in fact the Wolves. I can't imagine that anyone back at Alexandria would use an alarm or even become a turncoat and turn on rick and Co.

Also
    by emptying the quarry surely it just opens up for more to attack Alexandria ? I get that they were gunna send them into another direction but stragglers woukd always fall back. Rick idea is flawed and it owoukd have been muh better to shore up the defence of the quarry, they could have used vehicles and the big walls to keep them in.

The problem is though that eventually there would be so many walkers in the quarry that they would come pouring out and they would have descended on Alexandria. Even a few stragglers is better than that in the long run.
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    *Ignoring any spoilers from US*

Am galloping through the box sets of this, currently halfway through season 4 and just besotted. Am gorging 3-4 episodes a night when at home, and want to be more in than out right now! lol

I will now keep out of this thread until I finally catch up with it all, but hell, what an amazing series, just loving it - and I usually hate gruesome! :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »

Am galloping through the box sets of this, currently halfway through season 4 and just besotted. Am gorging 3-4 episodes a night when at home, and want to be more in than out right now! lol

I will now keep out of this thread until I finally catch up with it all, but hell, what an amazing series, just loving it - and I usually hate gruesome! :blush:

Not sure you will see this but glad your watching. It's brilliant. I wish I could start from scratch again without knowing what I do.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a great Episode 1, thoroughly enjoyed it. Will be back when more people have posted :D
  • Options
    VersaillesVersailles Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe it's back next week. So happy .

Here's the new trailer, and cast updates with spoilers too

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/the-walking-dead/239960/the-walking-dead-season-6-news-new-promo-trailers-cast-images-premiere-date

Was that Maggie I saw, being eaten? Could I be so lucky? Is Glen finally free? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »

That was me, in March this year. I was, and is, besotted with this series, and watched three or more episodes a day. Thankfully, my children were at school, and hubby at work, so had time to watch:D

I usually hate gore and anything like it. I am 48 years old, with conservative taste in tv (Poirot, Marple, Death in Paradise), but TWD got me hooked in from the first.

I accidentally watched the "hey little girl" clip with Rick on youtube (the child walker in the begnning), and knew I had found my kind of tv.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Versailles wrote: »
    Was that Maggie I saw, being eaten? Could I be so lucky? Is Glen finally free? :o
    it does look like Maggie but I can say that in the fort ep she is still about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it does look like Maggie but I can say that in the fort ep she is still about.

>:(. .
  • Options
    simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with all the hidden spoilers, I thought it was accepted that as it's less than 24 hrs between US and UK showings, you shouldn't really open this thread until you have seen the episode.
    Anyway, great episode, Rick firmly back in charge, some great Eugene one liners, a bit soapy in places, might watch again later.