Virgin Media bill has gone up.

ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
Forum Member
✭✭
I received an email from Virgin Media on 2 April 2012. I usually pay £28.00 a month for my package but on this new email it states that my new bill is £31.50. I do not have a landline phone with Virgin Media so I am unable to phone customer service about my enquiry

I am not at all happy with this new bill and I never got any emails or letters informing me of this increase. Has the bill with Virgin media gone up in price this month?

I am sick and tired of Virgin media increasing the prices when they feel like it.:mad:

Please advise

Comments

• mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Artmuzz wrote: »
    I received an email from Virgin Media on 2 April 2012. I usually pay £28.00 a month for my package but on this new email it states that my new bill is £31.50. I do not have a landline phone with Virgin Media so I am unable to phone customer service about my enquiry

I am not at all happy with this new bill and I never got any emails or letters informing me of this increase. Has the bill with Virgin media gone up in price this month?

I am sick and tired of Virgin media increasing the prices when they feel like it.:mad:

Please advise

If you are are still in contract with a service a price increased you can still cancel if you fancy. And of course if you are out of contract you can of course cancel. Otherwise stay with Virgin, I chose not.

Simple my bud, I shot so make your choice.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member

Please advise

What broadband speed do you have ?
  • ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I am seriously thinking of telling Virgin Media where to stick it and just buy a Sky dish with Freesat. Atleast Freesat is free and it has a the selection of channels that I like watching which crappy Virgin Media don't have and I have to pay for. Also I have mobile internet with Three Mobile so I will be telling Virgin Media to stick their broadband internet too.:mad: I am really sorry this had to turn out this way.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »
    What broadband speed do you have ?
    I have 10mb (Medium Package) it is supposed to be increased to 20mb but I don't really see any speed differences to be honest:(

My package is TV (Large) Broadband (Medium)
  • camajcamaj Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They increased the price of 10mb this month, it was widely reported a month or two back and I believe most people got emails and letters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They must of forgot to send me an email because I have searched my mail and cannot find it. Arrgggggg!!!!
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Phone Virgin.........You don't need a virgin phone, call 0845 454 1111 press the choice for 'Thinking of leaving' and have a chat with retentions....
    Tip, don't go off half cocked, be nice. They will find the best deal for you on offer at the time.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    Phone Virgin.........You don't need a virgin phone, call 0845 454 1111 press the choice for 'Thinking of leaving' and have a chat with retentions....
    Tip, don't go off half cocked, be nice. They will find the best deal for you on offer at the time.....

I only have a PAYG mobile phone and not much money, so I cannot phone them.

I don't understand why my bill has increased by £3.50 which i find has gone up a lot when I read that other VM customer's bills have increased by about £2

I only have the TV Large Package and the Broadband Medium Package.:confused::(
    Forum Member

I don't understand why my bill has increased by £3.50 which i find has gone up a lot when I read that other VM customer's bills have increased by about £2

£2 TV L and £1.50 M BB = £3.50

M+ TV has only gone up by 50p , So if you were on the M+ TV and M 10Mb it would have only gone up by £2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since the TV (Large Package) had gone up Mr Branson could we get more better channels like on Freesat like the Horror Channel and CBS Reality?....Hmmm I thought not:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member

sigh! Try this number 01256 752000 and ask to be put through to retentions or billing.
    By the way, if you discuss it with them it may be cheaper for you to have a phone than not.....It was in my case...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    If you are are still in contract with a service a price increased you can still cancel if you fancy. And of course if you are out of contract you can of course cancel. Otherwise stay with Virgin, I chose not.

Simple my bud, I shot so make your choice.

You can phone customer services using any phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please advise

You can phone customer services using any phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They must of forgot to send me an email because I have searched my mail and cannot find it. Arrgggggg!!!!

Thought you said in your opening post they sent you an email on 2nd April.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexsteve wrote: »
    Thought you said in your opening post they sent you an email on 2nd April.:confused:

Yeah. When I said mail I mean't email:rolleyes:
  • Robin ArmitageRobin Armitage Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Received email today to my query on 30mb pricing saying my bill has gone up to £30 from £28.50 and that the quoted priced on website of £27.50 for 60mb is for new customers only.:mad:
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Received email today to my query on 30mb pricing saying my bill has gone up to £30 from £28.50 and that the quoted priced on website of £27.50 for 60mb is for new customers only.:mad:

You will get doubled to 60MB as part of the speed doubling project sometime soon

To find out when Enter your Postcode on this website www.virginmedia.com/doublespeed
  • Robin ArmitageRobin Armitage Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    This true, its the fact that i will be paying £2.50 extra for the same service after being with them for 10 years. New customers are important but still.....:(..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got an email address to email Virgin Media about my bill. I emailed them then the next day I received a phone call from Virgin Media. I told them that my financial circumstances have changed and that I am unhappy with my bill going up in price to £31.50 a month. They then agreed for me to cancel my TV package and for £18 a month they increased my Broadband speed to 20mb which will increase to 40mb. So now my bill is £18 a month for Broadband 20mb (soon to be 40mb).
    Forum Member
    they increased my Broadband speed to 20mb
    You do realise that is because of the speed upgrades that everyone is getting. M or L 20mb will stay at 20mb , it will not increase to 40mb.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do realise that is because of the speed upgrades that everyone is getting. M or L 20mb will stay at 20mb , it will not increase to 40mb.

Yes, confirmed by this announcement:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-doubling-our-customers-broadband-speeds/td-p/958421

BTW, the XL up to 20meg mentioned in that link is the legacy 20meg - the 20meg customers who chose not to take the free upgrade to 30meg which was offered from Feb 2011.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The woman who I was speaking to at Virgin Media said that my 20mb Broadband will be increasing to 40mb this month as part of the double increase speed that Virgin Media are doing when she gave me the deal when Virgin Media phoned me up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    My service has gone up £3.50, now paying £61 a month for M phone, XL 20mb (soon to be 60mb) BB, XL TV and V+HD box. I'd love to change but BT Infinity isn't coming here til the end of the year and the best anyone else can do with me speed wise is around the 4mb mark.
    Forum Member
    The woman who I was speaking to at Virgin Media said that my 20mb Broadband will be increasing to 40mb this month as part of the double increase speed that Virgin Media are doing when she gave me the deal when Virgin Media phoned me up.
    It will not increase to 40mb this month. She lied to you.