Autopsy: Michael Hutchence's Last Hours

Comments

• duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Laziness....he wanted the best of both worlds....Xmas with his family, and his daughter and her mother.

No it wasn't. He was committed to tour rehearsals, he had to be in Australia plus he never had a minutes peace in England from journalists. Caught in a war fuelled by both sides in the divorce. The reporting at the time was awful. He was completely demonized for what? Falling in love? Putin gets better press than he did.

It was all just a rehash of info already out there. I think it was suicide, not least because I find it hard to believe a man wasted on drugs and alcohol, angry and upset thought "I know what'll make this better...a danger wank."

Paula just didn't want to face the fact the guy she'd ruined her life for couldn't take anymore so she cried accident. He had been cheating on Paula in LA, she was on borrowed time with him either way it panned out.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    It was all just a rehash of info already out there. I think it was suicide, not least because I find it hard to believe a man wasted on drugs and alcohol, angry and upset thought "I know what'll make this better...a danger wank."

Yup. The nature of the phone calls.. especially to his manager stating "I've had enough" are pretty conclusive imho. They said no suicide note was left but I'd say that voice mail was pretty close to one. He may not have been thinking straight at the time.. but I have a much easier time believing it was an attempt at ending it rather than something else.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it wasn't. He was committed to tour rehearsals, he had to be in Australia plus he never had a minutes peace in England from journalists. Caught in a war fuelled by both sides in the divorce. The reporting at the time was awful. He was completely demonized for what? Falling in love? Putin gets better press than he did.

Paula just didn't want to face the fact the guy she'd ruined her life for couldn't take anymore so she cried accident. He had been cheating on Paula in LA, she was on borrowed time with him either way it panned out.

Oh I don't know, when you're that f*cked up on coke it can be precisely the kind of thing you do, a release of sorts....then after rubbing away for an hour you realise you can't cum (coke gives you the urge but often removes the ability to 'finish') and decide to up the ante and kink it up a bit.

Do you have anymore info on who he was screwing in LA?
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He really was vilified in the UK Press at that time, he could do nothing right and was up against Saint Bob which didn't help matters.

Paula wasn't averse to creating drama and stirring the whole nasty soup with a stick in order to keep him on his toes as she knew he was losing interest in her and had been messing around with someone else.

The identiy of his LA girlfriend has never been revealed. She has never wanted to be outed.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup. The nature of the phone calls.. especially to his manager stating "I've had enough" are pretty conclusive imho. They said no suicide note was left but I'd say that voice mail was pretty close to one. He may not have been thinking straight at the time.. but I have a much easier time believing it was an attempt at ending it rather than something else.

There was another call to his manager that's rarely referred to (I think because it implies he was ready to end his life and goes against the misadventure theory)
    At 9.50, Hutchence rang another of Troup's numbers. He left a message on that machine which Troup said "sounded as if he was affected by something. It was slow and deep." She was so worried when she heard it that she rang John Martin, INXS's tour manager in Sydney, who was getting ready for the Saturday rehearsal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/the-death-of-a-rock-star-1154565.html

His tour wasn't selling, he had violent mood swings ( a member of INXS alleges he pulled a knife on him in the months before), his partner was leaking stories to the press and he couldn't see the one good thing in his life...his child. I think he, as he said, had enough. Part of auto eroticism is the ritual, I think this was more about stopping the anger and hurt.

I hope he's found some peace. His child raised by a man he hated, his family split and at war over his money and his so called friends flogging his life for cash, I'm not so sure.
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking they never really found his money either? There was apparently a lot of cash tied up in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands that was never recovered.

INXS were definitely on the slide when Hutchence died and nobody was particularly interested in his solo efforts either. Everything was going wrong for him, add to that a lot of substance abuse and it's a no brainer that he took his own life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Kylie and Michael made a lovely couple and she never stopped caring for him. His influence did her image a lot of favours. He and Paula together made a toxic combination, it's a terrible shame they got together, they might both still be alive if they had never met.

Agree that Noel Gallagher's remarks were very unpleasant. Who's the "has been " now Noel?

To be honest i don't think Noel Gallagher meant it personally against Michael, i think he would have said it to any of the older rock stars handing out the award,, Oasis were going through their belligerent phase. Although knowing now that Michael was going through crap, it probably didnt help, but i doubt it was a major factor in what happened in the hotel room.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    INXS are my favourite band ever - I still listen to their albums & wish that I could afford to replace all my albums of theirs which are on either vinyl or cassette with CDs. When I was 16 I wanted to marry MH.

This programme has virtually cleared up the uncertainty of his death, I would say now that there is very little evidence for the auto-erotic thingy theory - although it can't 100% be ruled out.

Watching the programme reminded me of how angry I was with the press at the time for referring to Michael as somebody's (ie Paula Yates's) lover, when he was a talented musician in his own right - plus surely Kick must be one of the biggest selling albums ever. I was angered for the first time by that **** Noel Gallagher's remarks - last night was the first time I'd seen/heard that, how dare he!>:(

Does anyone know if the taxi driver who assaulted Michael was convicted? I bloody well hope so. Was the reconstruction realistic? The reason I ask is that the actor did not look Danish, he looked Asian/middle-eastern. I love my food, I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose my sense of taste :o , I've never touched drugs but maybe I would if that happened to me......

Is everyone here aware that after Michael's death, Bob Geldof refused to let Michael's parents see Tiger-Lily & they died having not seen her since she was a baby? That is why I had no sympathy for Geldof when Peaches died - although of course I had sympathy for her husband & children.

Its not true that Tiger didnt see her grandparents, she saw her grandmother for a holiday in 2006 and her uncle appears to be quite supportive of her and Geldof.
  • HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger did have regular contact with members of her Australian family. Michael's dad, wife and brother. She is also in contact with Susie Hutchence & Rhetts children to this day. The issues for various reasons, seemed to be with her spending time with MH mum and her daughter TIna, Michael's half sister. I don't blame BG to be honest, having seen what's went on over the years with regards to selling stories and being exceptionally bad mouthed about TIgers mother, whom them both blamed immensely for Michael's demise.

I've no doubt MIchael killed himself. Maybe a few minutes later he would have felt differently, but in that moment, for lots of reasons, I think it's what he wanted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    I've no doubt MIchael killed himself. Maybe a few minutes later he would have felt differently, but in that moment, for lots of reasons, I think it's what he wanted.

Reminds me of the song Bono wrote about him :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emFUtuotHL4
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie and Michael made a lovely couple and she never stopped caring for him. His influence did her image a lot of favours. He and Paula together made a toxic combination, it's a terrible shame they got together, they might both still be alive if they had never met.

Agree that Noel Gallagher's remarks were very unpleasant. Who's the "has been " now Noel?

Indeed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    The consensus seemed to be it was suicide even though he didn't leave a note, rather than some bizarre sex game gone wrong. The balance of his mind seemed quite disturbed according to the re-enactment of his last hours - desperately worried about whether the court ruling could allow Paula to bring Tiger Lily out to Oz for Xmas, blazing row with Bob on the phone, and drink and drugs in his system.

The expert said that the suicide note thing is a bit of a myth - loads of people commit suicide & don't leave a note. Tiger-Lily was Michael's child, so I do not see how Geldof had any say in what she did/where she went, of course Geldof had every right to deny his own kids spending time with people he knew had drug issues.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I tried to find the footage of that swaggering knob Gallagher, saying what he said to Michael, and can find no trace of it.

I wonder if it went out on the night?

Anyway, Gallagher is a loser, he can't even get on with his own brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    I know he was touring, but why with all his money, did he not fly to England for a few days, to be with Paula and his daughter, if he missed them so much over Christmas.

Probably fancied Christmas in the warm sunshine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    Its not true that Tiger didnt see her grandparents, she saw her grandmother for a holiday in 2006 and her uncle appears to be quite supportive of her and Geldof.

One holiday when she was 10 years old does not constitute a relationship between grandmother & granddaughter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah what a wonderful man, steals another mans wife then tries to steal his kids too, what a charmer eh?

I think Paula was a woman capable of making up her own mind.....
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 131,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was spooky when they revealed how Paula Yates hid her drugs.....in a smarties tube, the same week when the inquest revealed that Peaches hid her drugs in sweets too. Like mother, like daughter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I right in thinking they never really found his money either? There was apparently a lot of cash tied up in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands that was never recovered.

INXS were definitely on the slide when Hutchence died and nobody was particularly interested in his solo efforts either. Everything was going wrong for him, add to that a lot of substance abuse and it's a no brainer that he took his own life.

I remember seeing a TV programme about his disappearing money, I hope he wasn't avoiding paying tax because I take a dim view of that kind of thing. I saw INXS in concert a few months before he died - they managed to fill Wembley Arena so they were still popular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to find the footage of that swaggering knob Gallagher, saying what he said to Michael, and can find no trace of it.

I wonder if it went out on the night?

Anyway, Gallagher is a loser, he can't even get on with his own brother.

Those two have always been idiots (and that's the polite version).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something which struck me as rather odd was the woman in the room nextdoor in the hotel saying that she could hear everything Michael was saying/doing, what in a 5* hotel they have paper-thin walls, really?:o I reckon she had a glass to her ear pressed up against the wall & that's how she got all that info! Certainly if I was shelling out a lot of money to stay in a classy establishment then I don't expect to be disturbed by noise from the room nextdoor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something which struck me as rather odd was the woman in the room nextdoor in the hotel saying that she could hear everything Michael was saying/doing, what in a 5* hotel they have paper-thin walls, really?:o I reckon she had a glass to her ear pressed up against the wall & that's how she got all that info! Certainly if I was shelling out a lot of money to stay in a classy establishment then I don't expect to be disturbed by noise from the room nextdoor.

If I knew Michael Hutchence was in the room next door I'd have probably drilled a hole :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Oh I don't know, when you're that f*cked up on coke it can be precisely the kind of thing you do, a release of sorts....then after rubbing away for an hour you realise you can't cum (coke gives you the urge but often removes the ability to 'finish') and decide to up the ante and kink it up a bit.

Do you have anymore info on who he was screwing in LA?

Me ;-)
  • GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Paula was a woman capable of making up her own mind.....

He was a spoilt, drugged up rock star who when he couldnt get what he wanted took the cowards way out. Bob Geldolf is worth a million of him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me ;-)

Mind you as much as I fancied him, I find the thought of drug abuse very unpalatable & view addicts as a bit dirty.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was a spoilt, drugged up rock star who when he couldnt get what he wanted took the cowards way out. Bob Geldolf is worth a million of him.

I like the Boomtown Rats' music, but find Geldof annoying, he thought he could save Africa - but look at the place: it's just as much of a basket case as it was 30 years ago, mind you BG has a made a nice little earner out of it.....