Options

Autopsy: Michael Hutchence's Last Hours

Comments

• Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never convinced he had committed suicide until I watched this programme. Everything certainly points to it, the phone calls and messages and the drug use. Always adored Michael Hutchence, he was such a beautiful looking man with huge sex appeal. I also loved his music. Going by the programme, he lived up to his sex god reputation. But I could never understand why he got together with Paula Yates, I couldn't see the attraction of her at all and together they seemed to be a toxic couple. I actually, probably wrongly, blame her for his downfall.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    I was never convinced he had committed suicide until I watched this programme. Everything certainly points to it, the phone calls and messages and the drug use. Always adored Michael Hutchence, he was such a beautiful looking man with huge sex appeal. I also loved his music. Going by the programme, he lived up to his sex god reputation. But I could never understand why he got together with Paula Yates, I couldn't see the attraction of her at all and together they seemed to be a toxic couple. I actually, probably wrongly, blame her for his downfall.

I blame the taxi driver who assaulted him for his downfall. A lot of people scoffed when he dumped 'super-model' Helena Christensen for the less attractive Paula Yates, but to me that makes me think that he wasn't shallow - maybe Paula was more interesting as a person than Helena.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song Not Enough Time from the 1992 INXS album Welcome To Wherever You Are is absolutely awesome.
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Laziness....he wanted the best of both worlds....Xmas with his family, and his daughter and her mother.

It’s quite possible that he was suffering from depression, even simple tasks such as washing your face can be daunting and distressing. We don’t know what was going on in his head. Let's hope he’s at peace now.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit about mixing Fluoxetine(Prozac) and booze was interesting.One counter acting the other.The huge mood swings.I've done this myself,instead of staying level,you go from extreme high to extreme low from one day to the next.
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it Iain Glen narrating?
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the repeat - so sad, we lost a beautiful human being and ultra talented musician. :(
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It’s quite possible that he was suffering from depression, even simple tasks such as washing your face can be daunting and distressing. We don’t know what was going on in his head. Let's hope he’s at peace now.

He was definitely depressed.The comment by Gallagher at the awards ceremony under normal circumstances would have been laughed at.But when depressed it would have been a dagger to the heart and blown out of all proportion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    The bit about mixing Fluoxetine(Prozac) and booze was interesting.One counter acting the other.The huge mood swings.I've done this myself,instead of staying level,you go from extreme high to extreme low from one day to the next.

That is something I've done; been on anti-depressants for many years, I'm mostly tee-total but now & then I hit the booze & get drunk every other day (never every day).
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame the taxi driver who assaulted him for his downfall. A lot of people scoffed when he dumped 'super-model' Helena Christensen for the less attractive Paula Yates, but to me that makes me think that he wasn't shallow - maybe Paula was more interesting as a person than Helena.

Or maybe Paula was just more willing to join him on the sordid path his life had started to take by then.
  • Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to find the footage of that swaggering knob Gallagher, saying what he said to Michael, and can find no trace of it.

I wonder if it went out on the night?

Anyway, Gallagher is a loser, he can't even get on with his own brother.

I don't get on with my brother as well, does that make me a loser, even though you don't know me.

Maybe you should also think before saying something.

Sorry people to divert things a little, but this post angered me.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    akhenaten wrote: »
    I don't get on with my brother as well, does that make me a loser, even though you don't know me.

What a ridiculous post - I'm not talking about you, and have no idea if you are a loser or not. Why put yourself into it?

Much of the Gallagher brothers lives has been played out in public, so we all know more about them than we would about the average person.

Regardless of whether he got on with his brother or not, his vicious comment towards Michael Hutchence still makes him a loser.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    akhenaten wrote: »

Perhaps you should work on those anger issues. Your brother would probably be grateful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Piipp wrote: »
    Looking forward to next week, Karen Carpenter is surely one of the most tragic cases they could cover? I'll always have a soft spot for The Carpenters because ironically the music and Karen's story are what got me through the same eating disorder and out the other side.
    Glad you are well again Piipp.
    I don't see the point of these autopsy shows especially Karen Carpenter's story. There was a good film about her life story.
    Sister of a talented musician and composer Richard Carpenter
    played drums and sang with his band
    had an absolutely fantastic voice
    early on some news report suggested she was plump
    she never got over that remark even though she wasn't
    tried to slim down, got very ill with anorexia
    was briefly married
    then suddenly died of a heart attack after years of illness

We know her tragic story already. The life story film was very moving and helped people to understand even those with the disorder themselves but do we really need to see yet another spin on what happened to her.
    Surely this sort of sensationalist programme must hurt her family.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful Channel 5 stuff, silly "whooshing" noises, silly "reconstructions", loads of talking heads giving their take on it, & I assume the Peaches "Lookalike" was deliberate.
    All coming to no conclusion anyway. But did we expect anything different?
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    The incident with the taxi driver that left him with no sense of taste or smell must've been horrendous. To me most of life's pleasures come from food and not being able to taste it for the rest of his life must have been terrible.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    If I knew Michael Hutchence was in the room next door I'd have probably drilled a hole :blush:

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was reported Whitney died due to something similar to that. She had run the bath water too hot and stepped in but because she was off her head on drugs she didn't realise at first until the pain suddenly hit her and she passed out. But because she had already stepped fully in she fell into the water and died there.
    I think something similar happened to Mark Speight's girlfriend.
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Awful Channel 5 stuff, silly "whooshing" noises, silly "reconstructions", loads of talking heads giving their take on it, & I assume the Peaches "Lookalike" was deliberate.
    All coming to no conclusion anyway. But did we expect anything different?
    I agree about that part. I hate the "style" of documentaries on C5

Nevertheless, I thought it was interesting. I remember seeing INXS at Wembley and they werw great - Hutchence was on top form. Love his voice.

Will be interesting to see the one about Karen Carpenter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a spoilt, drugged up rock star who when he couldnt get what he wanted took the cowards way out. Bob Geldolf is worth a million of him.

What is the one connective thread between 3 people that died young: Michael Hutchence, Paula Yates and Peaches Geldof? Drug abuse.

What one person did they all have toxic relationships with? Bob Geldof.

If he is worth a million of them, you'd think he might have imparted some of that value to them. Perhaps they wouldn't all be dead. In retrospect, "I Don't Like Mondays", about a child who cost the lives of others because of their immature and cruel selfish nature seems somewhat apt of a legacy for Geldof.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the one connective thread between 3 people that died young: Michael Hutchence, Paula Yates and Peaches Geldof? Drug abuse.

If he is worth a million of them, you'd think he might have imparted some of that value to them. Perhaps they wouldn't all be dead. In retrospect, "I Don't Like Mondays", about a child who cost the lives of others because of their immature and cruel selfish nature seems somewhat apt of a legacy for Geldof.

Michael Hutchence was abusing his body with drugs before he met Paula Yates. Paula Yates was clean before she began her relationship with Michael Hutchence. She started taking drugs because Hutchence did. Peaches grew up in that toxic environment. So actually, Hutchence could be said to be the 'one person' that Paula and Peaches had a toxic relationship with.

The problem with Hutchence is that his looks and talent blind people to his issues. He was screwed up in the last years of his life, and he took Paula down with him.
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Totally agree about geldof. His interview with lorraine kelly was nauseating. Me me me . Think the man is a total control freak
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    Is it Iain Glen narrating?

Yes, Khaleesi.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I right in thinking they never really found his money either? There was apparently a lot of cash tied up in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands that was never recovered.

INXS were definitely on the slide when Hutchence died and nobody was particularly interested in his solo efforts either. Everything was going wrong for him, add to that a lot of substance abuse and it's a no brainer that he took his own life.

I think you're right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2707780/Tiger-Lily-Hutchence-18-set-receive-little-no-inheritance-INXS-rocker-father-Michael.html
  • Options
    maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    The incident with the taxi driver that left him with no sense of taste or smell must've been horrendous. To me most of life's pleasures come from food and not being able to taste it for the rest of his life must have been terrible.
    I don't think it was the food that he missed smelling and tasting the most
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw the boomtown rats last weekend and Bob singing I don't like Mondays was the most moving thing I had ever seen.... The 'peaches keen' and ' wants to stay at home' was really clear and amazingly sung as it he was saying something to all of us watching