Options

Oh No! Please don't let Maria ( CS)...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria is like a husk of a character, she has no depth of character at all. She is there for eye candy, to keep the salon going when David and Audrey are off screen and to sleep her way through the men on the street. They gave her that dumb story with Tyrone which ended up going nowhere and she had the relationship with Marcus which could have been done really well except they were barely on screen as a couple.

Time to put Maria out to grass I think.

bib: That was a total non-starter.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

Dreary Maria will probably move on to Kylie's ex or Michael's (soon to arrive) son at some point, anyhow "yawns".
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria is like Katy of Emmerdale - the pass the parcel pretty girl that just gets passed around the menfolk, but otherwise pointless.
    Exactly. Both characters just go from relationship to relationship, that is seemingly their own purpose in life.

It's a shame they didn't pursue the Luke/Carla relationship more. I actually liked their scenes together.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Exactly. Both characters just go from relationship to relationship, that is seemingly their own purpose in life.

It's a shame they didn't pursue the Luke/Carla relationship more. I actually liked their scenes together.

Realistically where could they have gone with the Carla/Luke fling? Carla is barely over Peter as it is and that whole business isn't finished. A relationship is the last thing Carla needs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, he really does, but he also has charisma and personality.
    Miss 'Dull As Ditchwater' will suck it all out of him.

I see him with an older woman who's been around a bit..maybe he could mend Julie's heart :D

Always saw Luke and Carla being a pretty good match personally from memory, as regards an older woman for Luke - and Carla's been around a bit, too. It seemed to be a good, as well as an interesting pairing tbh.

They both made for a good couple / pairing and Carla meets the older woman obligations and would certainly sort Luke out - and also that a toy boy (someone relatively balanced & "normal" unlike Peter) could've been a good thing for her too (as well as an older woman doubtless having been a good thing for Luke, too).
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke isn't sticking round though aint he?
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doesn't that tend to be par for the course for Maria?

Even the dog and the baby seem to have beggared off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Doesn't that tend to be par for the course for Maria?

Even the dog and the baby seem to have beggared off.

Err Liam is in corrie tomorrow so no the dog and Liam who isn't actually a baby haven't ' evaded off'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes he is for the forceable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Err Liam is in corrie tomorrow ..................

That's amazing ... how do you know that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    That's amazing ... how do you know that?

Spoilers in the DS soap section.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria is one of those annoying Corrie characters who is just there for the sake of it now. She has been there for 14 years and Corrie seem to have a problem letting long term stars go, even if the storylines have dried up for them. I can see her being another Gail, still here in 30 years time after a string of failed relationships.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Spoilers in the DS soap section.

Thanks - I never thought of those; I generally try to avoid them.