Feel Sorry For Pasha

tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
Forum Member
✭✭
Every year he is always pipped to the winning post. Two years running he has done an incredible job on strictly, not only for getting the girls to the final but working with them properly to bring out their strengths.

Last year him and Chelsee were amazing, but this year how him and Kimberley were, you could not have asked for a perfect pairing.

I was bitter about Louis winning but after watching the dances again he thoroughly deserved it, but so did Kimba or Denise and I think it was an amazing final.

Really hope Pasha wins next year as this year I was happy for Flavia winning more than Louis, but I doubt they will give him another good female contestant. He will probably get dumped with someone a bit like Ann Widecombe.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Pasha's showdances are still substandard, and this year, maybe even more so than last year, an insufficient showdance undercut Kimberley's chances for the win.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    But Pasha's showdances are still substandard, and this year, maybe even more so than last year, an insufficient showdance undercut Kimberley's chances for the win.

Your posts sums up how I feel. I love Pasha but there's something missing with the showdance. He gets himself and his celeb into a good position and keeps the momentum going but lets himself down when it really counts. He's got to go all out if he wants to take that prize, not play it safe and produce something that's different to what he's done before.
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was the show dance that made them come in second. Louis was simply more popular than the others...
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    TomStar wrote: »
    I don't think it was the show dance that made them come in second. Louis was simply more popular than the others...

I think that's true. I also think that Kim was very overhyped. I'm sure Pasha will get a dud next year anyhow.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB I totally agree. He is an incredible choreographer without no doubt but he ALWAYS fail with the showdance. I was really disappointed in his showdance with Kimberley, and I think it was even worse than Chelsee's last year :eek::eek::eek: and thats saying A LOT:cool: !
  • MayadewiMayadewi Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim kowlaski.

The final post in your last paragraph isn't funny and is in pretty poor taste.
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    I've read some pretty horrible things on here on the last couple of weeks, but making a 'joke' about gun crime after what happened in America not so very long ago, really tops the lot. You may say it's in jest- but it just is not in the least bit funny.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dream content is not censored -- it tends to be weird or upsetting -- but then it isn't real in the daylight sense. It's pretty well understood that you can't blame someone for their nightmares.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not forgetting the male professionals are always up against any popular male celebrity so have a higher mountain to climb. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    There are other pros who have been on the series a lot longer, and who have been in the final more than once and still not won, such as Vincent, Erin and James.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling Pasha will get a duffer next year, as he's just had 2 great dancers with Chelsee and Kimberley.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    He's had 2 good years since being on the show; but had been given 2 excellent dancers as well.

I thought Pasha and Kimberley were an excellent pairing as with Pasha and Chelsee last year; however I wanted Louis to win this year and wanted a win for Flav as well - she's earned her stripes on the show having a bad start with Jimmy, missing out with Matt then a string of really bad celebs mixed with some ones with potential who had really early exits.

Pasha will get a win IMO; however needs to do the time first :D
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    There are other pros who have been on the series a lot longer, and who have been in the final more than once and still not won, such as Vincent, Erin and James.

The only way James will get a win is if he has a personality transplant or turns mute - even then I can't ever see him winning - despite always getting someone who can dance (barring his 1st year)
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Dream content is not censored -- it tends to be weird or upsetting -- but then it isn't real in the daylight sense. It's pretty well understood that you can't blame someone for their nightmares.

I would be willing to bet that he never had a dream like the one he described though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    He's only been on for two years! I have much more symapthy for the pro's such as Anton and Erin who have been part of the show since the beginning and never won!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Yes, poor Pasha, getting two very good celebs in a row, and getting both to the final. :confused:
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, poor Pasha, getting two very good celebs in a row, and getting both to the final. :confused:

I think the idea is that Pasha's always the bridesmaid never the bride, and whilst Chelsee wasn't a great dancer to start with, having got the early female favourite this year, he probably knows he'll get a dud next year, and his chances of winning have been well and truly scuppered for a fair few years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The only way James will get a win is if he has a personality transplant or turns mute - even then I can't ever see him winning - despite always getting someone who can dance (barring his 1st year)

Yes I have to agree, I certainly don't feel sorry for him!
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsee wasn't a natural dancer, in fact she was favourite for a early exit it was Pasha and Chelsee's hard work that got the to the final. Kimberley was a fav from the beginning so not expecting him to get a favourite next year but then again James has never got a dud either and he has been on the show longer (James has got a variety of contestants but all with some dance ability) I feel more for Erin, her best chance was Austin who because of the Judges wasn't in the final.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milotic12 wrote: »
    He's only been on for two years! I have much more symapthy for the pro's such as Anton and Erin who have been part of the show since the beginning and never won!

Yes, me too.

Also - having just rewatched their showdance to see if I had unfairly disliked it - there was nothing in that that Kimberley couldn't have done in week 1. It was like a pop video really. Pasha needs to up his game with the showdance (which doesn't necessarily mean lifts).
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, me too.

Also - having just rewatched their showdance to see if I had unfairly disliked it - there was nothing in that that Kimberley couldn't have done in week 1. It was like a pop video really. Pasha needs to up his game with the showdance (which doesn't necessarily mean lifts).

Even though I am a Pasha fan I tend to agree. The fusion dance they did was a better showdance as it had more variety in it and was a better dance. Pasha tries to show his celeb's personality in the showdance whereas I believe the audience made their minds up on their personality / whether they like/dislike a celeb by then and want to be wowed or see their journey.

Saying that after seeing Chelsee's freestyle on tour it was far superior live with more practice.

Pasha should have done the same as Vincent and got Kimberley to do an argentine tango/rumba fusion showdance as they hadn't done these dance before but Flavia used the same dances in her and Louis showdance so he probably thought it was better to play to her strength - performing.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny to read people pitying Pasha! He's done so well in only two series I've seen so many of his choreography that I enjoyed.

I really hope he'll get a more mature woman like Fern next year, that is, assuming he agrees to return to the show!
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    BIB I totally agree. He is an incredible choreographer without no doubt but he ALWAYS fail with the showdance. I was really disappointed in his showdance with Kimberley, and I think it was even worse than Chelsee's last year :eek::eek::eek: and thats saying A LOT:cool: !

I think Pasha will get another chance to win Strictly because I doubt he will be going anywhere. It might not be next year but it will certainly be sometime. Before he gets that chance again though I do think he has to consider what makes good show dance choreography as I do think he blew it certainly last year if not this year with his decisions - I think he and to a certain extent Vincent need a showdance boot camp.
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Even though I am a Pasha fan I tend to agree. The fusion dance they did was a better showdance as it had more variety in it and was a better dance. Pasha tries to show his celeb's personality in the showdance whereas I believe the audience made their minds up on their personality / whether they like/dislike a celeb by then and want to be wowed or see their journey.

Saying that after seeing Chelsee's freestyle on tour it was far superior live with more practice.

Pasha should have done the same as Vincent and got Kimberley to do an argentine tango/rumba fusion showdance as they hadn't done these dance before but Flavia used the same dances in her and Louis showdance so he probably thought it was better to play to her strength - performing.

I agree with this would have helped - as it was one of my principle reasons why I thought Kimberley shouldn't win as she had not done 3 of the dance genres. (Rumba, AT, Waltz).
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really really like Pasha but I cant feel sorry for him really he has come 2nd both years he has been on the show which is a really good record. However although I agree with the poster who said even a perfect showdance would have made no difference to the outcome in the end, I also cant feel too sorry for someone who has choreographed two showdance stinkers in a row,