Options

Corrie star furious over BAFTA snub!

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glow_worm wrote: »
    There's a big difference between that and having a pop at BAFTA. (no less than her second)

She's done herself no favours.

She never does, shame they didn't sack her after her comment about Corrie and Charities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felulah wrote: »
    She never does, shame they didn't sack her after her comment about Corrie and Charities.

It certainly puts the rest of the cast in a bad light which is a shame because im sure there not all like that.
  • Options
    glow_wormglow_worm Posts: 2,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does seem to have a bit too much to say for herself that one.

It's disgraceful being disrespectful towards BAFTA. I'm sure it would be a different story if Corrie was nominated and won! I think Corrie also won the BAFTA 3x in a row up until 2006 and I bet she thought that was wonderful. It'll have meant something to her then. ;)

Only 4 shows can be put forward and Corrie really doesn't deserve a place this year. Besides, there's other awards besides these ones so it's not like it's their only chance to win something. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She does seem to have a bit too much to say for herself that one.

:rolleyes:

She might want to look in the mirror sometimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delboy_RKO wrote: »
    It certainly puts the rest of the cast in a bad light which is a shame because im sure there not all like that.

Well she is an individual and responsible for her own outbursts, less is more.
  • Options
    quelquechosequelquechose Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I am not surprised that Corrie was passed over this year.
    Everything about the programme now is quite poor, the acting, the plots, the scripts and also the continuity.

There are a few exceptions of course, but in the main all of it has deteriorated quite considerably.

I have watched Corrie without missing an episode for a long time now, but am seriously considering giving up on it.

I did email my views and received an acknowledgment from the ITV website who said they would pass my views on to the programme production team. I haven't heard anything from them. I hope they took note however.
  • Options
    xmastellyxmastelly Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can't agree with corrie being shit as after seeing last nights double bill those 2 episodes where the best corrie episodes of this year so far, and considering last night ee was the meant to be the best soap to watch with tanya druging max, i watched both soaps last night and enjoyed corrie more than ee, when it looked like ee was going to be the best soap last night!

even kirk was very good last night i thought!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmastelly wrote: »
    i can't agree with corrie being shit as after seeing last nights double bill those 2 episodes where the best corrie episodes of this year so far, and considering last night ee was the meant to be the best soap to watch with tanya druging max, i watched both soaps last night and enjoyed corrie more than ee, when it looked like ee was going to be the best soap last night!

even kirk was very good last night i thought!

They were? I thought they were amazingly dull.
  • Options
    cabletroncabletron Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can be as furious as she likes. Corrie just does not deserve it this year. The writing has been dire. The only good thing about corrie recently has been Beckie.
    Fizz is not all that good of a character recently anyway so i think she needs to take a look at herself instead of crying over a bafta snub.

I very much doubt they would have won an award this year anyway so it would have just been a waste of their time going. This might make them wake up a bit and get a new team of writers in who actually deserve the pay packet they earn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Distinctly average I thought. :o Besides which, two decent episodes don't make up for all the others we've had this year and most of last year too!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennie McAlpine whingeing (again). :yawn:

Get over it, love.

Corrie did not deserve any awards for its frankly dire output over the past year anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

while i vaule your opinon because it doesn't mean because i liked corrie last night so will other people.. but i just don't know how corrie will ever please any of you, as it doesn't matter how good it gets its just not good enough for people on ds!!

What people have to accept is corries different to other soaps, as its all based around character development and doesn't need explosive stroylines in every episode like other soaps, corrie can have a brill episode out of nothing!

Other soaps are in your face all the time, and are always trying to out do each other with more bizzare over the top storyline, and then you switch to corrie and its a lot tammer and characters are not shouting at each other all the time and thats what people don't like that it reflexs reality alot more than other soaps and doesn't need explosions and buildings blowing up every 5 mins to keep people watching!!

The ee stuff last night, yes it was good but how an over the top storyline was it, what sort of person does that bury there husband in the woods with there new lover after drugging while having a meal, what are they going to come up with next... aliens from mars who come to pick a fight with phil mitchell!!

i'm sorry but ee get more and more over the top every episode!

And lets face it if corrie did have explosive things happin every 5 mins like other soaps it still won't be good enough for you!

And corrie did have drama last night, and don't think there was any cmedy in it last night, i thought the david thing and him trying to get his gf to lie for him etc was good stuff!

And to be fair its wrong that corrie hasn't got a bafta nomination as there was a least the tracy/charile thing last year, that should of least got a look in!

people just seem to have a big problem with the name CORONATION STREET, and could it be the fact that its itvs biggest show and itv has come into alot of backlash recently so people wanna critise itvs no.1 soap as it a threat to the others, as no1 see's emmerdale as a threat as its not as big as corrie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Distinctly average I thought. :o Besides which, two decent episodes don't make up for all the others we've had this year and most of last year too!

it wasn't that, i meant that it must be getting better!!
  • Options
    nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    Coronation Street star Jennie McAlpine has blasted BAFTA chiefs for snubbing the soap.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that the ITV1 show had failed to make the Continuing Drama prize shortlist for the first time in ten years.

In an interview with the Daily Record, Jennie, who plays Fiz Brown, claimed that the decision is "absolutely ridiculous".

"I was on This Morning this week and I won their Beat the Stylist so I'm giving my trophy to Corrie rather than the BAFTA," she continued.

"I can't believe it. I actually can't understand it. These panel of experts... I think it's silly."

It is not the first time that McAlpine has criticised the BAFTAs. Last year, she complained about the decision to award Casualty with the Continuing Drama prize

OMG! Why are the Corrie cast such sore losers? There always moaning when they lose, FGS its not the best show on TV.:yawn:

She is a pointless charactor so nobody even cares what she thinks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while i vaule your opinon because it doesn't mean because i liked corrie last night so will other people.. but i just don't know how corrie will ever please any of you, as it doesn't matter how good it gets its just not good enough for people on ds!!

What people have to accept is corries different to other soaps, as its all based around character development and doesn't need explosive stroylines in every episode like other soaps, corrie can have a brill episode out of nothing!

Other soaps are in your face all the time, and are always trying to out do each other with more bizzare over the top storyline, and then you switch to corrie and its a lot tammer and characters are not shouting at each other all the time and thats what people don't like that it reflexs reality alot more than other soaps and doesn't need explosions and buildings blowing up every 5 mins to keep people watching!!

The ee stuff last night, yes it was good but how an over the top storyline was it, what sort of person does that bury there husband in the woods with there new lover after drugging while having a meal, what are they going to come up with next... aliens from mars who come to pick a fight with phil mitchell!!

And lets face it if corrie did have explosive things happin every 5 mins like other soaps it still won't be good enough for you!

And corrie did have drama last night, and don't think there was any cmedy in it last night, i thought the david thing and him trying to get his gf to lie for him etc was good stuff!

And to be fair its wrong that corrie hasn't got a bafta nomination as there was a least the tracy/charile thing last year, that should of least got a look in!

people just seem to have a big problem with the name CORONATION STREET, and could it be the fact that its itvs biggest show and itv has come into alot of backlash recently so people wanna critise itvs no.1 soap as it a threat to the others, as no1 see's emmerdale as a threat as its not as big as corrie!
    :eek::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but as a watcher of Corrie I personally feel that it has gone downhill and they don't really deserve a BAFTA atm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy B wrote: »
    I'm sorry but as a watcher of Corrie I personally feel that it has gone downhill and they don't really deserve a BAFTA atm.

why not most people enjoyed the tracy killing charile/ being sent down for it stuff, every1 forgets about that as that was at the beginging of last year!

That storyline got alot press attention than other soaps last year anyway!
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    When you think about it Corrie automatically gets nominated for these sort of awards because it's Corrie (see RTS this year, only explanation for it, though least it didn't win)

Corrie's been snubbed by the RTS before though.

I think Jennie needs to be given a good talking to by TPTB. It seems to be the same old story every year with a select few cast members, led by one Mr Cotton.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When EE went through that terrible couple of years where it was (mainly deservedly) slagged for every storyline it had, I don't think i remember any of the cast having a whinge at being snubbed and dragged over hot coals....

There's nothing wrong with respectfully expressing disappointment and a wish for recognition but blatant strops are not professional.....besides.....many times the most deserving recipient of an award is never nominated anyway (not that Corrie deserves a nom imo it's far from great atm).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I see what you mean, because children get swapped at birth all the time, and why would their parents even try to sue the hospital? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When EE went through that terrible couple of years where it was (mainly deservedly) slagged for every storyline it had, I don't think i remember any of the cast having a whinge at being snubbed and dragged over hot coals....

There's nothing wrong with respectfully expressing disappointment and a wish for recognition but blatant strops are not professional.....besides.....many times the most deserving recipient of an award is never nominated anyway (not that Corrie deserves a nom imo it's far from great atm).

yes but i do remember ee moaning about last years soap awards, they said the itv soaps got more awards as there where more people representing the itv soaps!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    yes but i do remember ee moaning about last years soap awards, they said the itv soaps got more awards as there where more people representing the itv soaps!

Do you have a source of EE cast moaning about this? As i don't remember it.

I remember an actor in Emmerdale saying about Corrie getting all the awards, but none from EE moaning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why not most people enjoyed the tracy killing charile/ being sent down for it stuff, every1 forgets about that as that was at the beginging of last year!

That storyline got alot press attention than other soaps last year anyway!
    The actual killing was over a year ago with the trial being nearly a year ago. So we're supposed to forgive months of dross because of that one good storyline are we?

It's strange how you can slag off the Tanya and Max plot for being OTT and unrealistic yet cite the [sarcasm]incredibly down to earth[/sarcasm] Tracy and Charlie plot as a good storyline. Double standards perhaps?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I think Jennie needs to be given a good talking to by TPTB. It seems to be the same old story every year with a select few cast members, led by one Mr Cotton.

Yep. The panto dame and his pals always have plenty to say for themselves.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Yep. The panto dame and his pals always have plenty to say for themselves.

Lmao :D sorry that made me smile :D