Options

Twitter celebs grow up!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
Forum Member
Is it me or does anyone else think the whole celeb vs celeb Twitter thing is all a bit playground and pathetic. We've seen many recent examples where one celeb digs at another and then they retaliate on their twitter and so it goes on. My Dad's better than your Dad etc.

Reading about the Brookstein vs One Direction twitter row made me think how cowardly and childish it all is. It seems a lot of people have real trouble keeping their 'online' mouths shut these days. Twitter has opened up a whole world of big mouths that should learn that sometimes it's better just to say nothing. How many times have we seen someone blurt out a stupid comment on their twitter page and then quickly apologise and retract it as a result of public criticism. It's as if Twitter has removed the whole think before you open you mouth mindset.

Comments

• Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of these celebrities are apparently successful, grown adults with families, and yet they have time to enter into these playground bitchfights more befitting of school-age kids spending hours messing about on chat sites. Very brave and clever trading insults behind a computer screen.

They've yet to engage their brains that the technology on Twitter and Facebook is instantaneous so once you've posted it then millions of people will have viewed it within seconds. Retracting it belatedly just magnifies the rash immaturity of their comments.

Twitter is particularly self-indulgent - posting one-line inanities every two minutes in the vain hope that somebody out there may be interested in their witterings.......

It all screams: "Look at me! Look at me!!" :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I'd disagree with you on Sloopy, is your use of the word celeb in relation to Brockstein and the mum of the worst singer in One Direction ... other than that ... spot on :D Then again if you've ever been caught on CCTV you're a celeb these days so maybe I ought to take that back :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Some of these celebrities are apparently successful, grown adults with families, and yet they have time to enter into these playground bitchfights more befitting of school-age kids spending hours messing about on chat sites. Very brave and clever trading insults behind a computer screen.

They've yet to engage their brains that the technology on Twitter and Facebook is instantaneous so once you've posted it then millions of people will have viewed it within seconds. Retracting it belatedly just magnifies the rash immaturity of their comments.

Twitter is particularly self-indulgent - posting one-line inanities every two minutes in the vain hope that somebody out there may be interested in their witterings.......

It all screams: "Look at me! Look at me!!" :yawn:

glad it's not just me then!
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    When Chris Brown is starting to make sense on Twitter, you know something is wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't 'Lord' Sugar have some daft 'row' with someone too on Twitter? So even he's prone to it. My guess is, as always, people become much bolder when they're alone behind a computer screen. They put things online that they wouldn't dare say to someone's face. It's all very cowardly and really stupid. In my own life, there's no way I'd have a row with someone via text or the email. I tell them, if you have something to say, either say it to my face or at least pick up the Goddamn phone.
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't 'Lord' Sugar have some daft 'row' with someone too on Twitter? So even he's prone to it. My guess is, as always, people become much bolder when they're alone behind a computer screen. They put things online that they wouldn't dare say to someone's face. It's all very cowardly and really stupid. In my own life, there's no way I'd have a row with someone via text or the email. I tell them, if you have something to say, either say it to my face or at least pick up the Goddamn phone.

Another thing I hate and object to is being privy to someone's blerdy arguments in the street whilst they are on their mobile. The whole top and bottom of it is there is no shame any more. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    Another thing I hate and object to is being privy to someone's blerdy arguments in the street whilst they are on their mobile. The whole top and bottom of it is there is no shame any more. :mad:

Yep....and on a train in a packed carriage is worse. You can't get away from it!
  • Options
    Cunny FuntCunny Funt Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worse one for this is Lordy Sugar... what a big mard arse he comes across as! His row with Piers at the moment is so boring and chilish. For some reason though, I havent stopped following them :o
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I was the only one who hates Twitter. It's the online equivalent of looking in the window of a posh party that you should have been asked to but weren't.

Rancid piece of software.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cunny Funt wrote: »
    The worse one for this is Lordy Sugar... what a big mard arse he comes across as! His row with Piers at the moment is so boring and chilish. For some reason though, I havent stopped following them :o

It is quite funny though :p Especially asking people in the USA "do you know who piers morgan is?"
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I'd disagree with you on Sloopy, is your use of the word celeb in relation to Brockstein and the mum of the worst singer in One Direction ... other than that ... spot on :D Then again if you've ever been caught on CCTV you're a celeb these days so maybe I ought to take that back :eek:

Well, that's true indeed - you get a lot of small-timers on there; those who want their 15 minute grab of fame and the likes of Twitter and Facebook enable them to maintain some kind of minor 'profile'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE twitter for this exact reason, celebrities are so funny - I feel like it puts everyone (celebs and fans) on the same level too.
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    When Chris Brown is starting to make sense on Twitter, you know something is wrong.

Lol what..his grammar is AWFUL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong, Twitter has it uses but why does everyone from z-list celebs to thicko footballers feel the need to tell the world about their daily inane thoughts.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He called Kirstie Allsop a lying cow and had a row with Piers which I though was quite funny. He said he had slipped the flight crew some fast acting laxatives for when Piers got too mouthy. Piers is no angel himself and has had a row with Stephen Fry.

I like their twitter rows. It shows them as real people and not the special cut about the rest of us that their pr machines would have us believe. I really hate the word "celeb". There are very few people out there who's lives are worth celebrating. Most celebs are just famous, rather than special.