What Games Are You Playing At The Moment??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still playing through AC 2 and really enjoying everything about it so far the game world looks incredible considering it came out in 2009. I played about the first hour way back when it got released but never took in the experience like I should have but definitely taking everything in now. Brilliant so far and my favourite in the series excluding black flag as I haven't got to that yet.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minecraft :blush:

My nephew bought it over last weekends and got me addicted to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried installing Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) that arrived yesterday. I waited it for over an hour to install, but no luck. I'll try it again when signed in online.

Another game that arrived yesterday, GTA IV (PS3). Stalled on the start. I'll try again later.

Lastly, Super Smash Bros 3DS. More success with that one. My best characters are Peach and Pikachu. Already unlocked Wario, Ness and Falco.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    I tried installing Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) that arrived yesterday. I waited it for over an hour to install, but no luck. I'll try it again when signed in online.

Another game that arrived yesterday, GTA IV (PS3). Stalled on the start. I'll try again later.

Lastly, Super Smash Bros 3DS. More success with that one. My best characters are Peach and Pikachu. Already unlocked Wario, Ness and Falco.

Don't think you can get online again (with GT5) they closed the servers down I believe
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Going between Battlefield 4 & FIFA 15 just now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Don't think you can get online again (with GT5) they closed the servers down I believe

Even only for updates? :(

Shoot, just my luck if I can't get passed the pre-installation, the only things that sort of work are the driving tests. At least I got the game for under £5. Now I see why.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crash Bandicoot 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lego Lord of the Rings on the 360
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Playing through Assassins Creed 2 enjoying it so far decent story the graphics are suprisingly decent giving how old it is.

Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Is this your first time playing it? You're in for a real treat. Along with its follow-up instalment, Brotherhood, it's best of the lot. And oh my God, Venice is beautiful. The tone, the feel, the music, the imagery, the water... just gorgeous.
    I agree that the graphics hold up incredibly well. Jade Raymond was determined to make up for AC1 which many perceived as a disappointment due to its repetitive nature (not me, I love that too) and she and her team really outdid themselves.
    Great, now I really want to play it again!

...totally agree!! Its so good, I have played it through twice, and one of the only games which I have completed 100% (all missions, collectables, etc!) and I wouldn't hesitate to go back and play it again!
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen Assassins Creed Liberation HD is in the Ubisoft sale on the dashboard. Can anyone tell me if its worth picking up? There's also a couple more which I'm interested in playing (Far Cry 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry classic and Splinter Cell Double Agent) Can anyone comment on these?
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just played the bayonetta 2 demo all I can say is brilliant epic battles.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Started Oddworld New & Tasty last night. Great game but so frustrating trying to rescue everyone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow Of Mordor on PS4.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    The Last of Us Remastered

...you know what, I have always thought that game looked awsome - shame its not available on my Xbox 360! :(
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen Assassins Creed Liberation HD is in the Ubisoft sale on the dashboard. Can anyone tell me if its worth picking up? There's also a couple more which I'm interested in playing (Far Cry 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry classic and Splinter Cell Double Agent) Can anyone comment on these?

AC Liberation is fun enough if you like the AC series. I picked it up in a PSN sale for about a fiver which I felt was worth it as a huge AC fan. Its probably one of the worst AC games though and feels a little out of place in the AC series.

Far Cry 2 is good. Beyond Good and Evil is great. Far Cry Classic is a pretty poor HD Remake, but it was nice to play an FPS without regenerative health. Splinter Cell Double Agent was kinda rubbish, the old generation versions was a lot better.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Assassins Creed Liberation HD is in the Ubisoft sale on the dashboard. Can anyone tell me if its worth picking up?

It's the worst of any AC game if you include DLCs. The missions are super easy, under-thought and repetitive. The world is dead, the music monotonous, the characters bland. It's fine for a PS Vita game which is where it should have stayed but on the bigger platforms? Save your money.

I would have said that it's a positive that, unlike Connor, Aveline was very much an Assassin at her core but this is undone by the fact that the the default look is not a hood and her 'Brotherhood' seems to consist of only her and her mentor. Then there's the gimmicky 'lady' 'slave' outfits which which serve no purpose other than to emphasis that she's a woman and black. Totally useless.

And, of course, because it was originally a PS Vita game the graphics aren't nearly up to the standard of that in AC III. Of all the AC games this is the one you can skip.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to play Drive Club later but that looks a non starter at the moment.

Got Horizon 2, Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor to keep me going this week.

Bring on the 17th and The Pre-Sequel.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im totally stuck on DR3 ... I'm on the mission where you've gotta take fuel to the airport & I can't seem to get to the underpass garage containing the vehicle! :blush: ... I just can't remember how I got there in the 1st place! :( ... Been going in circles for days! :cry:
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to play Drive Club later but that looks a non starter at the moment.

Got Horizon 2, Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor to keep me going this week.

Bring on the 17th and The Pre-Sequel.

Tell me about it! ... There's just waaaaay 2 many X1 games getting released in the next few weeks! :( ... I've got enough already ta last me till late next year! :blush: ... If I end up homeless (cause I can't pay the bills) I'm blaming brb! lol 😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished up Assassins Creed 2 enjoyed it from start to finish got to be my favourite in the series. The game holds up to anything around on any system to date in my opinion.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow kinda glad I didn't buy Liberation now. I'm a big fan of the Assassins Creed games but sounds like it might've put me off. Damn these PSN and Xbox sales. Seems as though they are happening more often now, like they're trying to milk last gen as much as possible before everyones upgraded.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow kinda glad I didn't buy Liberation now. I'm a big fan of the Assassins Creed games but sounds like it might've put me off. Damn these PSN and Xbox sales. Seems as though they are happening more often now, like they're trying to milk last gen as much as possible before everyones upgraded.

I don't mind them. I disgarded my PS3 fairly early on. (needed money at the time) So I can now download everything I missed on the cheap. As well as free games with PS+.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late to the party yet again but just started Halo 4 good so far only a couple of missions in the graphics are stunning the game feels a lot like 3 which is a good thing.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    playing mass effect 2 again with all the dlc on ps3