Pixie's exit from Strictly Come Dancing - the mega outrage thread (merged)

Comments

• planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Ah, pick on Gregg, why don't you! :p

I feel weirdly fond of the unloveable Gregg...

But it's all uncertain is what I mean. We didn't know the votes given to Pixie at all until latterly so it's impossible to know how much public will was behind the judges' decision, in spirit.

oh dear i think you might be coming down with something *takes temperature*
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Who are you kidding that Simon is better than Pixie? He simply isn't, hence why he's been in the dance off at around 3 times or more! I'm sure I heard in say in one VT that he couldn't even dance at all before he joined Blue (neither could Lee Ryan) and Pixie has consistently scored well above Simon. Something stinks about this decision.

What's so good about Len? You ever seen him do a good dance?

Drama queen? Nah, I've got every right to be peeved when the best dancer is voted off in her first dance off and by a casting vote too! >:(

In you opinion. But it's TV anyway. Worse things happen at sea so they say.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon is not as good as Pixie. He's had some bum weeks, hence why he's been in the dance off at around 3 times or more while she has always delivered.

I'm sure I heard him say in one VT that he couldn't even dance at all before he joined Blue (neither could Lee Ryan) and Pixie has consistently scored well above Simon. Something stinks about this decision.

(

For me, Simon is the best dancer in the competition.

The only reason he has been in the dance off, 3 times,is because he doesn't have the public support.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people who think only THEIR vote should count are going to be outraged whoever else votes the faverit off.
  • EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what really happened I reckon:
    - Kevin was ill so the producers gave his pro routine to Trent
    - Trent put less time in with Pixie as a result.
    - Pixie gets an average routine
    - Pixie gets eliminated
    - Kevin gets to go to the final.

You know in a weird sense I do think the producers do seem keen on a Kevin win and maybe were keen to get rid of the rival “pop princess” to his partner at the first opportunity….

I know, a bit paranoid!
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I am right on that aren't I? That was Pixie's first dance off and Simon has been in the dance off a number of times but some how "uber brilliant" dancer Len Goodman see's fit to send Pixie off in her first dance off and keep Simon who was no way better than her at any stage?

I want to see Goodman fired for this!!! >:( >:( >:(

Another post IGNORING reality.

Had her army of fans voted for her she'd not been in the bottom two and those nasty judges including nasty old Len gave her top marks in the pranceathon.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a dance-off. It's a second chance for one of those public rejected. And either public warms up to the dancer or they don't. And even if somebody gets in the final against public wishes, they will get a chop there. And they took a place of somebody public did not like much either. If one has a favourite it can be good or bad. Either they get kicked out sooner or later. I wanted Tom to stay longer and maybe he would have without the DO, but his main asset was that he looked pretty and his dancing was a bit bland as was his personality. But I did not do anything dramaqueenish about it darling and got over it :D
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,789
    Forum Member
    Another post IGNORING reality.

Had her army of fans voted for her she'd not been in the bottom two and those nasty judges including nasty old Len gave her top marks in the pranceathon.

Like I said in another thread and maybe it was to you too, why should people be forced to vote expensive numbers for? And B, the dance off is there to ensure that the better dancers are kept in not booted out! If Len thinks Simon is better than Pixie, A his marks don't reflect that and B, he's taking most of us for mugs!
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And has been pointed out before, possibly also to you, one can vote online 3 times for free.

Let it go
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    I believe certain types of viewers will be more predisposed to voting at all (as opposed to just watching) and when they do may give multiple votes to their favourite. I can't prove it but firmly believe it's highly likely

A contestant receiving a lower number votes therefore does not mean that they are unpopular with ALL viewers.
    As in any RTV, "it's votes wot count", not popularity across "the silent majority".
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,789
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    And has been pointed out before, possibly also to you, one can vote online 3 times for free.

Let it go

And why should I have to give my personal details over to the Beeb online for? They get on my nerves with how nosey they and other companies always want to be, always wanting to know who's who, what ages, ethnic backgrounds. They could allow online voting without asking for people to register personal details with them first.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't vote then what on earth are you complaining about?

Dear me.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why should I have to give my personal details over to the Beeb online for? They get on my nerves with how nosey they and other companies always want to be, always wanting to know who's who, what ages, ethnic backgrounds. They could allow online voting without asking for people to register personal details with them first.

It's easy decline and then register, best option if you don't like the BBC don't like Len and don't agree with 1/5th of the dancers best not watch eh.
  • Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie is one of the most loveliest people that you'll ever meet. She is beautiful on the inside and the outside, kind, loveable, sweet, down to earth and not full of herself. I wish I could meet her one day. So unfortunate what she had to go through on Saturday. Thanks to Len Goodman he has made people not vote for her and it's his fault that she's out.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING NEGATIVE ON THIS THREAD
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh no, not that old one. And of course dialling a premium rate number for a reality show phone vote doesn't show up anywhere. And do not think blocking your number has any point to it at all.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Pixie is one of the most loveliest people that you'll ever meet. She is beautiful on the inside and the outside, kind, loveable, sweet, down to earth and not full of herself. I wish I could meet her one day. So unfortunate what she had to go through on Saturday. Thanks to Len Goodman he has made people not vote for her and it's his fault that she's out.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING NEGATIVE ON THIS THREAD

:confused:
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I want to post negative opinions on a thread I b****y well will.

Just like the OP is allowed to create the 57th pro Pixie thread in the last two days.

Please I am begging you people. Get over it or else I will continue to to disobey any appeals, rules or any other restrictions on what YOU want a thread to say.

Cos sure as eggs is eggs, when a pro Pixie only thread gets ten positive replies some one will use this as an example of just diabolical a decision it was to even consider not crowning Pixie The winner of SCD for this year and for ever ever ever and ever more
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am right on that aren't I? That was Pixie's first dance off and Simon has been in the dance off a number of times but some how "uber brilliant" dancer Len Goodman see's fit to send Pixie off in her first dance off and keep Simon who was no way better than her at any stage?

:D ^_^

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6a/d5/19/6ad519f26cc4a37d3996f96de5491b5a.jpg
  • Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    If I want to post negative opinions on a thread I b****y well will.

Just like the OP is allowed to create the 57th pro Pixie thread in the last two days.

Please I am begging you people. Get over it or else I will continue to to disobey any appeals, rules or any other restrictions on what YOU want a thread to say.

Cos sure as eggs is eggs, when a pro Pixie only thread gets ten positive replies some one will use this as an example of just diabolical a decision it was to even consider not crowning Pixie The winner of SCD for this year and for ever ever ever and ever more

OKAY NO NEED TO BE LIKE THAT. I CAN POST WHATEVER I WANT. I HAPPEN TO LIKE PIXIE OKAY. IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh shesh

ANOTHER Pixie thread

where is the mute button when you need one

and the roll eyes smilie for that matter too!
    Forum Member
    Like I said in another thread and maybe it was to you too, why should people be forced to vote expensive numbers for? And B, the dance off is there to ensure that the better dancers are kept in not booted out! If Len thinks Simon is better than Pixie, A his marks don't reflect that and B, he's taking most of us for mugs!

No one is forced to vote by phone and free votes are available online. Sorry but this whole thing is gettind tedius now. Her apparent popularity didn't stretch to some online votes
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babes a lot of people loved Pixie. Was not Lens fault it's just the way it is. Please don't get upset xxxx
    Forum Member

I tell the BBC I'm a 65 year old female.:D:D
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »

Let it go

I think logic and Pixie fans don't have a common home I'm afraid.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    There is an appreciation subforum in the attic, negative free.