Options

Laura fiesty and hot

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Not a great year lookswise for the women compared to some years. However Laura stood up for herself in the boardroom and looked mighty fine throughout.

Comments

• Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminds me of Nichola McClean.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very endearing to me. She comes across as a bit blinkered like why she didn't realise that she should have had control of the money that was to be spent on the task. She's also too eager and doesn't implement things very well.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She came across as a bit of a viper in the boardroom. Very quick to attack others and didn't defend herself very well I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    She reminds me of Nichola McClean.

That's not a good thing. I did notice she stated herself she was an attractive businesswoman.
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shouldnt judge her on this but I thought her makeup looked a bit strange round the eyes.... Oh I also thought she should've gone...
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She came over quite badly in the boardroom i thought tonight not willing to take any responsibility for the failure of the task. Yes Nicola McLean, she does look like her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She slightly looks like Michelle from series 2.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see feisty, I saw aggressive.

And I can't comment on how attractive Laura is because I don't really know what she looks like! She wears make-up and fake tan by the trowel-load.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. The only girl I've warmed to is Katie, and maybe Gabrielle.
    TBH, the way she acted tonight, Laura looks like she'd be a nightmare to work with...
    Nice eyes though ... under the make-up.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feisty, not fiesty.

I am somehow surprised LS saved Laura this week. She was a complete mess and could have done better.

Her voice is a little bit too squeaky and I don't find her hot
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think she's nice-looking.

In honesty, although she's my favourite, I must admit that she was a bit too disorganised as PM (though as her team acknowledged, she actually did do a lot right; Contestant Nick did say she was good at inspiring the team). She also didn't really impress in the boardroom, where she seemed to be flailing around a bit, joining Jenna in a shouting match then telling her to "stop shouting" and desperately grabbing at things that Karren had said.

I hope she does better next time.
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was my favourite before tonight but not any more :(

I don't care that she lost the task, but she came across as very bitchy tonight, and much too aggressive.

Katie is my favourite girl now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night must have been the bitchiest boardroom ever, it does embarass me that a fellow Scot can be so vicious. They weren't even humorous comments they were nasty, I also liked Laura before this task but I have marked her card now lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Laura is being portrayed as the girl from the wrong side of the tracks character this year similar to Natasha last year if her website is anything to go by

http://www.laurahogg.co.uk/

This might be why Lord S kept her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Laura from? Also the website said Laura will be launching something new soon......
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Where is Laura from? Also the website said Laura will be launching something new soon......

She's from Glasgow.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura's complete lack of humour marked her out for me. And little ability to duck and dive in the Board Room, just a full frontal approach which she got away with because of Jane's poor sales. She doesn't strike me as having much ability to learn from her mistakes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I think Laura is being portrayed as the girl from the wrong side of the tracks character this year similar to Natasha last year if her website is anything to go by

http://www.laurahogg.co.uk/

This might be why Lord S kept her

She clearly has a good imagination if she thinks her shop is in the West End of Glasgow. Must've missed her creating a "comfortable,relaxed environment" in the boardroom. :D
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Successful businesswomen should never shriek and shout like an old fishwife. It's not at all becoming.

She also described herself as attractive and when asked who impressed her she only mentioned that she had impressed herself. Not the brightest button in the box.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say more struggling in the boardroom becuase she tried to justify her worth more by what someone else didn't do rather than what she did do (which I think makes it look like she was lacking in ways to solve problems herself as PM if there were problems still ocuring with her team mates uner her instruction). Of course she can't see and hear everything but she didn'tt look to give a large amout of specific/clear instruction either, which then just leave the open for fault because of an ambiguity of communcation. I would think most PMs should be saying to sub teams (or teams that are away from the for a period of time) that they should be calling her first just to check on things before that final figure/decision is said yes to. It's just one call and, as long as it doesn't come in the middle of a pitch to buyers (because sometimes the teams are split on the occasions) then it shouldn't be too hard for the phone to be answered.

She just had so much blame for Gabrielle that ironically she would look abit suspect (in terms of her management) herself (which she prob didn't bank on).
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Tyjet wrote: »
    She's from Glasgow.

A headbutt then
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine under all the slap she's not unattractive but I find her vanity and self confessed conviction in her ability to manipulate others to be very unappealing. Her blindness to her own mistakes ( "I was very impressed by myself actually"):rolleyes::D suggests that she was totally delusional when assessing her own contribution to the project.

She should have gone.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far from "feisty" imo. Laura comes across as a self absorbed gobby bitch.

Fair doo's though, if she took some of that crud she plastered over her face, she may look atractive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    A headbutt then

AKA a Glasgow kiss :D
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    feisty, not fiesty.

I am somehow surprised LS saved Laura this week. She was a complete mess and could have done better.

Her voice is a little bit too squeaky and I don't find her hot

Jesus Christ, there's always someone.

For the record, your first line doesn't start with a capital letter. And you need to end your last line with a full stop, surely? :eek: