Fearne Cotton Is Back:

Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi! All
I have just been looking at the Radio Times website for Monday 2nd September and during the day starting at 11am they have what is called a Music Robot Randomizer I think it is called, and Fearne Cotton is listed as joining Nick Grimshaw on Breakfast between 6.30am and 11am.

Might Radio 1 be trying to come up with new ways to take on Capital and let people select the music?.

Comments

• bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking at the info for it, Fearne is on breakfast for a 'special' (comeback?) and Radio 1's Musical reboot has the following blurb..

"Nine sets of DJs and a randomiser pick who will be on-air next, between Zane, Scott & Chris, Huw, Phil & Alice - they just do not know whose turn it is to be chosen." - it's on between 11 and 7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039bbjj
  • thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    id like to give a big NO to Fearne coming back....

Ready?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Special comeback. Oh right - Job training day..
  • R.O.R.R.O.R. Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    Hi! All
    I have just been looking at the Radio Times website for Monday 2nd September and during the day starting at 11am they have what is called a Music Robot Randomizer I think it is called, and Fearne Cotton is listed as joining Nick Grimshaw

Well I suppose she does sound a bit like a robot, but Grimmy's already got Showbot.
  • Billy BirdBilly Bird Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And who is the Chris in the website blurb for 11am Monday? "Zane, Scott and Chris, Huw, Phil and Alice - they're all ready to go. They just don't know when - or if - they will be chosen!"
  • djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably Chris Stark, Scott's co-host.
  • Billy BirdBilly Bird Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah! Ta.
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,371
    Forum Member
    What slot is Sara Cox going to?
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjex wrote: »

Radio 2 cover?
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjex wrote: »

I expect she'll be cover for a few months and then binned off probably at the end of the year.

Having said that Greg is off all next week and they are still using Huw Stephens as cover, so maybe not?
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coxy signed off today saying she is not back until November and then around Christmas.

So basically it sounds like she is doing very limited cover work, maybe even covering just Fearne Cotton and not being allowed near any other shows.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Coxy signed off today saying she is not back until November and then around Christmas.

So basically it sounds like she is doing very limited cover work, maybe even covering just Fearne Cotton and not being allowed near any other shows.

Maybe she's taking a Holiday and covering for Radio 2 afterwards?
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her contract probably runs up until the end of the year so they won't want her to cover drive a key show.

Should cover for Mills if he does Breakfast but think Matt Edmonson will be his cover.
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara said in an interview that she expected to be leaving Radio 1 once Fearne returns, Fearne has a week/2 off in Nov and obviously Xmas off so Sara covers those and goes.

I hope her last show on the station is special as she does deserve a good send off