Options

HO Roxanne McKee

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
Forum Member
✭✭
She doesn't seem to be doing to badly post Hollyoaks... No real point to this thread lol... Just thought I'd share :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1861467/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she does, I was reading an interview thing on DS the other day about it.

funny how hollyoaks is slated so much but quite a few seem to go on to be much more succesful than thos that have left the bigger soaps
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked her in Game of Thrones. Same she and Missandei (Sasha Valentine of HO) never got to interact.

I'm also keeping a countdown to see how many of the original cast of Skins will turn up. We have Cassie (Gilly) and Chris (Gendry) so far, and there were rumours about Dev Patel a while back.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    she does, I was reading an interview thing on DS the other day about it.

funny how hollyoaks is slated so much but quite a few seem to go on to be much more succesful than thos that have left the bigger soaps

It is one of the advantages HO cast have - firstly they're usually very young when they start but also because characters generally last 2 - 4 years top you get out whilst you're young and you don't get too typecast.

HO, Neighbours and Home and Away have more cast each doing well in the U.S than the other three combined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    It is one of the advantages HO cast have - firstly they're usually very young when they start but also because characters generally last 2 - 4 years top you get out whilst you're young and you don't get too typecast.

HO, Neighbours and Home and Away have more cast each doing well in the U.S than the other three combined.

You could have a very good point there.

I actually can't name any actors from EE, ED and CS who have done well other than in this country? Tell a lie Rob Kazinsky hasn't done to bad! Anymore?

I'm a fan of all the soaps btw so I'm not trying to say 'Yeah HO are the best' :-P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think the superficial aspect of it comes into it too though. Even though theres some good actors HO is known to be pretty and so is Hollywood.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think the superficial aspect of it comes into it too though. Even though theres some good actors HO is known to be pretty and so is Hollywood.

you have to be pretty and be able to act in hollywood. pretty people are ten are a penny no film will be a box office smash without having good acting in it
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased to see Roxy is doing well:)
    However, her success makes it highly unlikely she'll make a return to HO.
    Louise was such a fantastic, entertaining character to watch!:)
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would be a perfect casting of the Sister of Emma Summerheyes on EastEnders! I see a resemblence!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I'm pleased to see Roxy is doing well:)
    However, her success makes it highly unlikely she'll make a return to HO.
    Louise was such a fantastic, entertaining character to watch!:)

Louise is dead so Roxanne can't ever return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Louise is dead so Roxanne can't ever return.

We never saw her body. so they could easily figure a way to bring her back.:)
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise was originally going to return to kill Warren in The Loft fire in 2009. When they couldn't get Roxanne back, they brought back Gemma Bissix/Clare instead. Louise was considered to be dead after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not actually seen her in anything other than Hollyoaks and the god awful film 'Wrong Turn 5'... she wasn't bad but the film was predictably shite. :-)

I'm about to start watching her in 'Dominion', how has she fared in other programs she has been in? Soap acting is a lot different to that in tv dramas etc so I only really have her portrayal of Louise Summers to go on. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We never saw her body. so they could easily figure a way to bring her back.:)

The police arrested Warren whilst he was digging it up. She's definitely dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police arrested Warren whilst he was digging it up. She's definitely dead.

I know. But, again, seeing that we never actually saw the dead body and 'soaps being soaps' they could explain that away.
    If all else fails, just pretend it was dream, like they did with Bobby Ewing in Dallas.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. I'm surprised HO has never done a Nieghbours and recast the same actor in a different role.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    RichiRoo88 wrote: »
    She doesn't seem to be doing to badly post Hollyoaks... No real point to this thread lol... Just thought I'd share :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1861467/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Wrong Turn 5 & that woeful Hercules film starring Kellan Lutz of all people isn't exactly something to write home about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. I'm surprised HO has never done a Nieghbours and recast the same actor in a different role.

They really did that:o lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Wrong Turn 5 & that woeful Hercules film starring Kellan Lutz of all people isn't exactly something to write home about.

That may well be true, however, when it comes to actors leaving a UK soap it is still pretty good what she has achieved post HO.

I'm sure there are many big names out there who have appeared in certain programs that would fall under the 'nothing to write home about' category.

I must say though Wrong Turn 5 was terrible! lol ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Roxanne did an interview with Digital Spy. (Click here)

She looks stunning! Actors/Actresses like her have gone on to do so well since leaving Hollyoaks meanwhile the show is load of tosh these days.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

I have watched the entire season of Dominion and in my opinion she is awful in it. I was hoping the character would die! Most of he cast are British ,Australian or South African and except for the arch angels they all put on an American accent. Her accent is appalling. At the end of the last season there was a scene of her crying and I cringed. I think she has always been employed for her looks. Once they have gone I don't think we will see much of her. It is exactly the same as Ricky Whittle. If you google him you see his 6 pack. On the 100 he is mister Neanderthal and they don't give him many lines.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very, very, very sexy woman. Which is the important thing.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Good for Roxanne! I loved her as Louise, she was always SO good with Warren. Classic exit. Really enjoyed her in Game of Thrones - I was kind of hoping she'd be brought back to liven up the interminably dull Dany.

I really respect her for not going back to soap as well. I expect she's had more than one very lucrative offer, and it must be really tempting when you need the work and the money, but she's stuck with it. You can't overestimate how hard it can be for people to build a career once they've been given the soap label, specially Hollyoaks. Once someone gives up and goes back, they're really saddling themselves with that for life.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I met Roxanne a few years ago, lovely woman and even more gorgeous in real life, so stunning and really friendly. :)