new look Songs of Praise

marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
Forum Member
✭✭
A new look Songs of Praise starts this Sunday with the main change being the end to one location being featured each week and it turning into a more magazine style programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/A-new-Songs-of-Praise

Comments

• radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate the new format.
    It was bad enough have choirs competition.
    Now tonight James Martin is preparing drink.
    FFS !!!!
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate this new format. It was bad enough before but at least there was the odd week of traditional hymns.
    I don't do "happy clappy" and modern interpretations.
    Maybe there is hope we have just had a couple of carols.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its the BBC pathing the way to cancel it, change the format, people complain, lower viewing figures, cancellation
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its the BBC pathing the way to cancel it, change the format, people complain, lower viewing figures, cancellation

I doubt it as the BBC would need to keep religious programme. Possibly moving it to another platform eventually.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Can't it go on BBC4 at midnight like other niche shows e.g. 'The Sky at Night'?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Can't it go on BBC4 at midnight like other niche shows e.g. 'The Sky at Night'?

No thanks!

BBC4 is my favourite station, I don't want this sort of twaddle on it.

Let BBC2 or 3 have it!
  • PerfectMarkPerfectMark Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I suspect there are many in the BBC that would like to see it go, but with all the talk at the moment about getting rid of the license fee, if the BBC was to ever get rid of the show, it would probably be the major catalyst for them finally becoming a subscription service (like Sky). This is because one of the biggest arguments for the BBC is their public service remit, to create shows which aren't really commercially viable or maybe even massively popular, but shows that appeal to different parts of British society and not just the lowest common denominator.