Options

Carrie Grant

Comments

• Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carrie is fab. I just love her sense of style... amazing. Her and David make a fantastic couple and you can tell that they are best friends as well as husband and wife. You can see that they love working together and are very much in love. It's sooooooooooo cute :)
  • Options
    MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxyred wrote:
    Carrie is fab. I just love her sense of style... amazing. Her and David make a fantastic couple and you can tell that they are best friends as well as husband and wife. You can see that they love working together and are very much in love. It's sooooooooooo cute :)

Yes, I agree they seem very happy and close. It's nice to see considering they must have been together a long time now. They obviously keep the romance alive. Good on 'em.
  • Options
    Traffic1326Traffic1326 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Hi all

@ Tracey 40
    Thank you for informing me . I know that Carrie is wonderful carey en a lovely girl to see . I was worried. I wish her all luck with her kids and her health ( the same to david too )

And she is a Stunning Lady ( from now on SL)

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Thats ok glad I could help

Voted for Tara last night but could not afford to vote for Mel as well so feel gutted now

Carrie is very stylish I do not think she is the sort of person who would let her health problems hold her back - wish with my health problems I could look half as good as her

Looking forward to tonight's show
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never could stand Carrie ... and now think it was down to her not being able to hide her favouritism and obvious bias as a teacher/judge during FA1 and FA2 ...

Its much better when the tutors are not judges too .... as in the celebrity versions of the show she is 'bearable'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomorrow wrote:
    I never could stand Carrie ... and now think it was down to her not being able to hide her favouritism and obvious bias as a teacher/judge during FA1 and FA2 ...

Its much better when the tutors are not judges too .... as in the celebrity versions of the show she is 'bearable'.
    I understand what you mean but it must be really hard when you can see that people who are really talented are being kicked out over someone who is just a good personality.

In a lot of ways the Comic Relief version is the same as the "real" version because the public often voted for the funny person rather than the best singer.

I think in FA 1 Lemar was the stand-out best singer but he often got slated because he was seen as a boring "housemate" which is why the tutors couldn't allow him to be in the bottom 3 because he would be at danger of going.

The fact that he is the only Fame Academy contestant still with a recording contract and successful career shows that they know what they are talking about. Alex could've been successful too but she slated Fame Academy and didn't want to be associated with it; I don't think fans forgave her for that.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxyred wrote:
    I think in FA 1 Lemar was the stand-out best singer but he often got slated because he was seen as a boring "housemate" which is why the tutors couldn't allow him to be in the bottom 3 because he would be at danger of going.

I have a different opinion .... Lemar was groomed to be in FA ... by Sony

A few time when the students were talking of their 'journey' prior to getting into the academy, Lemar's history had been soundcut ... (when they did a drawing and had to relate it to the rest of the class) for example

Lemar was to wheezy for me ... always gasping for air (and still sings too airy for me) ... but with recordings they can hide that ..

The teachers made me actually dislike Lemar because of their bias - not because he had actually done anything to make me dislike him

Reverse psychology - or their obvious favouritism did not work for me at all and made me really actively dislike Carrie in FA1 and then both Carrie and David in FA2 ....

What annoyed me most - was their apparent glee in trying to belittle someone they had been teaching, but who was not an obvious favourite of theirs ... then making out all was well the next day ... an easy thing to do as they got to know the weakspots and knew where to put the knife ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with tomorrow. I love Lemars music, I bought his first CD (and I almost never buy CD's) but he was hyped so much that I rooted for the others.

I'm really pleased that this thread is so positive about Carrie. I met her and David some years ago and they are lovely people. Really conscientious and very hard working.

She has been through hell with Crohns disease often doubled up with pain, but she carries on as if she was fine. I so admire her and her dedication. The Grants really are two of the top vocal coaches in the country, but during FA2 the bile and hatred directed towards her got too much for me to read.

I put a lot of that down to her being a judge. Totally incongruous with their role as teacher. The way it's being done in this CFA should have been adopted from the get go. Then she could have just stuck to trying to build her students confidence, rather than tearing them to bits after they'd sung.

:( You cant do both.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    mmmm

I didn't like the way they behaved in the main Fame Academy as coaches/ judges.... we saw footage where they were telling a contestant to perform the song one way and telling them it was brilliant then slating them for doing the same thing on the show.... WTF?????? They only did what YOU told 'em love!! :mad:

Agree they had too much bias as well - it was obvious that Lemar was "teacher's pet" which is why he lost out (and sorry but I don't actually LIKE Lemar's breathy type of singing - as a singer he should learn to breathe/ phrase properly rather that get to the end of a line and then do a huge whooping inhalation...)

Alex was pretty much the same - although Alex was far less talented than Lemar... I never really saw why the tutors favoured her so much - she was nowhere near as good at singing a Al or James, and couldn't touch Carolynne in song writing.... no surprise that she's sunk without trace - whilst "pub singer" James is doing well in the West End....
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Carrie, but I didn't like some of David's comments last night, particularly about Fred, who was out of time for about half the song, not just one bar! We're not stupid, David, we can HEAR the song, don't patronise, please!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melodybear wrote:
    Carrie seemed so nice and natural on Safari School, but now seems to see herself as a major celebrity, rather than a singing coach.I watched a bit of the live streaming yesterday and noticed that, unlike the female celebrities, Carrie was wearing full make up and a trilby (?) hat a la Britney Spears, which is completely ridiculous under studio lights. Today, she has her top unbuttoned so far down that she might just as well not bother having it on, revealing her somewhat ample bosom. She is not the celebrity on this show, but is trying every trick in the book to get noticed. Including a mini dress and leggings the other night. She is a 40 something year old woman for goodness sake.(Mind you, it must have worked because I'm complaining about her :D)
    I say good for her, if she wants to wear make up and get dressed up a bit, what harm is she doing!!!
    Also her dress sense is entirely up to her, at least she has a bit of individuality, which I admire. As for being a 40 year old, big deal, its not exactly time to start wearing crimpolene trousers etc.
    I,m 47 and definetly not mutton dressed as lamb but still like to take a bit of pride in my appearance.
    Do you think us "40 something year old women" should be flung on to the scrapheap?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilly16 wrote:
    I say good for her, if she wants to wear make up and get dressed up a bit, what harm is she doing!!!
    Also her dress sense is entirely up to her, at least she has a bit of individuality, which I admire. As for being a 40 year old, big deal, its not exactly time to start wearing crimpolene trousers etc.
    I,m 47 and definetly not mutton dressed as lamb but still like to take a bit of pride in my appearance.
    Do you think us "40 something year old women" should be flung on to the scrapheap?

Completely agree. I'm over 50 but still shop in the same stores as my daughter, just a bit more careful about what I wear! I have no intention of dressing to look like an old fart just to please some people's ideas of what I should look like, there's some pretty horrendously dressed young people out there are well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilly16 wrote:

Not at all, I'm one myself!!!! :) And yes I agree about taking pride in ones appearance. She has a great figure and individuality, but she could look even more sexy toned down a bit, just in my opinion. Sadly, out and about, some people would make uncomplimentary comments about women of a certain age dressing like teenagers. I certainly still feel like a teenager myself, but if I were to wear the same make up I did when I was 20, I would look like something out of whatever happened to Baby Jane . BTW...crimpolene...that's a blast from the past. Does it exist any more? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie4964 wrote:
    Completely agree. I'm over 50 but still shop in the same stores as my daughter, just a bit more careful about what I wear! I have no intention of dressing to look like an old fart just to please some people's ideas of what I should look like, there's some pretty horrendously dressed young people out there are well.

Exactly, but they are young and can get away with it. Also you say you are just a little bit more careful about what you wear, as am I. That is all I was saying about Carrie really, that she isn't being a little more careful. Perhaps I didn't put it very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melodybear wrote:
    Exactly, but they are young and can get away with it. Also you say you are just a little bit more careful about what you wear, as am I. That is all I was saying about Carrie really, that she isn't being a little more careful. Perhaps I didn't put it very well.

It's funny, not being sylph-like myself, I always thought older, thin women have an advantage, until I looked at their skin, and they look a lot more haggard. There's some advantage in having a bit of padding to take up the wrinkles!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt that if a younger female, namely Zoe or Angellica, was to spend the class time dressed with the same amount of bare breast deliberately on display as Carrie did, they would get away with it more. I would suspect the opposite, and they would get lots of criticism as tarting for male support.
  • Options
    couscouscouscous Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie is a stunning woman and if i look that good when i get to her age I'll be happy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,973
    Forum Member
    I think she's great - very stylish!

she's mutton dressed as lamb, awful :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Didn't realise this forum was here or i'd have posted sooner argh!

I run carrie & david's fan site for them. Both of them are the kindest, friendliest people you will ever meet. They are totally down to earth even though they have been in the business for years and have worked with Amazing people such as Diana Ross, Lionel Richie etc!

Carrie has an Amazing voice & both her and David did a gospel cd together years ago which won a MOBO award.

If you're a fan & wanna chat about their stuff, or Fame academy in general then please join Carrie & David Grant Fansite

And in response to the earlier posts- carrie is gorgeous, slim and looks half her age. Why shouldn't she dress funky and in her fab unique style?

Jo x.x.x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise this forum was here or i'd have posted sooner argh!

I run carrie & david's fan site for them. Both of them are the kindest, friendliest people you will ever meet. They are totally down to earth even though they have been in the business for years and have worked with Amazing people such as Diana Ross, Lionel Richie etc!

Carrie has an Amazing voice & both her and David did a gospel cd together years ago which won a MOBO award.

If you're a fan & wanna chat about their stuff, or Fame academy in general then please join Carrie & David Grant Fansite

And in response to the earlier posts- carrie is gorgeous, slim and looks half her age. Why shouldn't she dress funky and in her fab unique style?

Jo x.x.x

Hi Jo, was it you that Carrie was talking about yesterday during the vocal session? Are you the one that sent the little statues of them that she had on the piano yesterday?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,973
    Forum Member
    ..And in response to the earlier posts- carrie is gorgeous, slim and looks half her age. Why shouldn't she dress funky and in her fab unique style?

Jo x.x.x

'looks half her age'? is she really 120 then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    foxyred wrote:
    Hi Jo, was it you that Carrie was talking about yesterday during the vocal session? Are you the one that sent the little statues of them that she had on the piano yesterday?

OMIGOSH are u kidding? It was my friend who gave them those dolls but we took them on friday night when we were on the show! She musta thought they were from all of us argh!! What did she say hun? so exciting lol. Who was she talking to?
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I can't fault Carrie and David. They both do an excellent job and seem to put a great deal of effort into their work. They are fair with all of the students even though (being human and all that) they must have their individual favourites.

As for Carrie's looks and what she wears...she looks bizarre at times, but so what? At least she is not afraid to flaunt it. She reminds me of some former art teachers that I had at school who were not afraid of self-expression :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMIGOSH are u kidding? It was my friend who gave them those dolls but we took them on friday night when we were on the show! She musta thought they were from all of us argh!! What did she say hun? so exciting lol. Who was she talking to?
    She was talking to Angellica, Tara and Tricia around the piano. Someone (I think Tricia) asked where the statuettes came from because they were adorable. Carrie mentioned the website and I might be wrong but I thought she said that it was an unofficial site but is now their official site and that's who gave her and David them.. They were very cute by the way. She said that she and David actually had clothes like that. Not sure if they were joined or if she had put them in an embrace. They were all fawning over them :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote:
    I can't fault Carrie and David. They both do an excellent job and seem to put a great deal of effort into their work. They are fair with all of the students even though (being human and all that) they must have their individual favourites.

As for Carrie's looks and what she wears...she looks bizarre at times, but so what? At least she is not afraid to flaunt it. She reminds me of some former art teachers that I had at school who were not afraid of self-expression :)

eek. i'm an art teacher. this might explain the funny looks I get sometimes from the students :o:o:o:D:D:D