Fiona Phillips has confirmed what I thought about her...

Numnum71Numnum71 Posts: 1,464
Forum Member
✭✭✭
she is a no talent, clueless HACK!
Cor, do you think she is maybe trying to jump on the Goody bandwagon and big herself up!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a152493/fiona-phillips-blasts-insensitive-parky.html

Comments

• TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Numnum71 wrote: »
    Cor, do you think she is maybe trying to jump on the Goody bandwagon and big herself up!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a152493/fiona-phillips-blasts-insensitive-parky.html

No change there then
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, she's an idiot.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm amazed she managed to pull her head out of Gordon Browns arse long enough to slate someone else
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's probably trying to take the heat off her pal Gordy as his political career sinks further and further down the U-bend.
  • Tori's SoapboxTori's Soapbox Posts: 4,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Ms Philips but I actually agree with her on this point ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the woman but I can't say I'm Parky's greatest fan either.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »
    I'm amazed she managed to pull her head out of Gordon Browns arse long enough to slate someone else

I wondered where she'd been hiding.

Didn't quite grasp the fact that Michael Parkinson wasn't actually slagging off Jade, more the people some see as their idols. Poor Fiona, perhaps I should send her this.
  • MadameLaMinxMadameLaMinx Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Ms Philips but I actually agree with her on this point ...

^^^ that 100%

And I dont care whether shes jumping on the bandwagon - at least someone's having the balls to answer back - Jade cant.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest Michael Parkinson.

Vile, bitter, smug snob.

Seems to have developed this moral authority over all simply because he sat next to famous people and read badly worded voyueristic questions from a prompter.

He moans about tv today, journalism today, tv interviewers today, comedians today. F*ck off. He is such a bitter old man.

I dont care what he said about Jade or how right or wrong it was, he is still a smarmy prick.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I don't like the woman but I can't say I'm Parky's greatest fan either.

Me too, I think Parky did write that piece in indecent haste even though he is not personally attacking Jade (I'm not a fan but don't hate) there's a subtle slurring of her and it could have waited.
  • MrPitkinMrPitkin Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Cent wrote: »

Vile, bitter, smug snob.

Seems to have developed this moral authority over all simply because he sat next to famous people and read badly worded voyueristic questions from a prompter.

He moans about tv today, journalism today, tv interviewers today, comedians today. F*ck off. He is such a bitter old man.

I dont care what he said about Jade or how right or wrong it was, he is still a smarmy prick.

What was Jade thou??

Vile, Racist, Bully, Media ****, Ignorant.........etc etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrPitkin wrote: »
    What was Jade thou??

Vile, Racist, Bully, Media ****, Ignorant.........etc etc
    She certainly wouldn't have said anything like that about Parkinson if he died.

Katie Price hated Jade's guts and not even she stooped to those depths.

It just shows up what kind of man he is. Nasty. I hope it makes him feel good about himself.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was something much worse when I first seen the thread

I saw it in the side bar thing and only up to "confirmed" and I thought she had a new show or something :eek:
  • MrPitkinMrPitkin Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    She certainly wouldn't have said anything like that about Parkinson if he died.

Katie Price hated Jade's guts and not even she stooped to those depths.

It just shows up what kind of man he is. Nasty. I hope it makes him feel good about himself.

Have you read his article??
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamW25 wrote: »
    I thought it was something much worse when I first seen the thread

I saw it in the side bar thing and only up to "confirmed" and I thought she had a new show or something :eek:

Does she need to work seeing Mr Frizzell is still in charge at Give Me The Vallium (GMTV):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    of course she is well known for her sensitivity, tact and judgement!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    Me too, I think Parky did write that piece in indecent haste even though he is not personally attacking Jade (I'm not a fan but don't hate) there's a subtle slurring of her and it could have waited.

He's since stated that he was attacking the whole media circus surrounding Jade, not Jade herself, but it's a very fine line.

Sometimes it's better to maintain a dignified silence rather than allow yourself to be drawn into the media slanging that is inevitably going to arise as a result of these comments.

Of course he is perfectly entitled to his opinion, but I've always found there to be a subtle air of superiority about him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrPitkin wrote: »
    Have you read his article??
    Every single word.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like her and am rather disappointed by this outburst.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Vile, bitter, smug snob.

I don't hate him, but I've always found him deeply annoying, and insincere. I never liked his show either. I'm too young to remember it first time around when it may have been more exciting, but when it was brought back the whole thing seemed to be living off of past glories.

Asking someone who was big in old Hollywood all about their relationship with their father, or about the more famous film-star they used to be married to in 1974 isn't high-brow viewing and not that far removed from asking Big Brother contestants about the footballer they've been going out with.

The difference was that Parky was asking all of the questions set by the film studio people, whereas OK magazine works with the likes of Max Clifford. While Ross can be called all sorts, he is capable of asking some properly interesting questions of actors and directors because he loves cinema. He's also happy to interview relative unknowns because they've been in a film or tv show that he's discovered and he thinks could become more mainstream. Parky was only ever interested in people who were already mainstream.

I've been resisting the urge to say something on this all week, but I had to let it out.
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not overly keen on Parky - never have been - but I agree wholeheartedly with his thoughts on Jade, much like a lot of the GBP do, but some are afraid to say anything now that Jade is almost a Saint! :yawn:

In regards to Fiona's comments in her excuse for a newspaper column - might have guessed she'd give her two cents worth. In retaliation to the one particular comment, I find it incredibly rich seeing as she's made a damn good living out of working 3 days a week for what seems like the past 20 years! As soon as hubby suspiciously landed the very sudden job of producer, her job was safe, but she would have been given the boot a while ago if it wasn't for him, IMO - and for the fact that I think she would have caused an uproar as she thought she was Queen Bee on the show!

Fiona Philips is a talentless, arse - licking old hag who's crawling around for work after realising the grass isn't always greener! Knew she'd not get much success as she was hideous on GMTV, and I didn't believe for one minute she left for her dad and children! The attention-seeking misery wont rest until she's landed another high-profile job, which will mean she will, yet again, be leaving her kids and dad behind and only seeing them proper at weekends! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Numnum71 wrote: »

it's funny but it made me think the complete opposite. i agree she's normally an idiot, but imo she's right on this one
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    He's since stated that he was attacking the whole media circus surrounding Jade, not Jade herself, but it's a very fine line.

Sometimes it's better to maintain a dignified silence rather than allow yourself to be drawn into the media slanging that is inevitably going to arise as a result of these comments.

Of course he is perfectly entitled to his opinion, but I've always found there to be a subtle air of superiority about him.

But isn't that what Max Clifford and his clients rely on, and after months of nonsense something had to give.

These are clients who would declare themsleves, honest, upfront and don't talk behind peoples backs.

They say that to surpress the opinions of others as most people want a quiet life and no arguements.

Those clients will be brutually 'honest' about others knowing any backlash will be muted out of fear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I've always hated her. Guess she's just one of those people....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with her. It's interesting that she has just reversed Parky's criticism of Jade. It is actually just as valid as Parky's arguement, as both Jade and Parkinson supposedly represent two different aspects of society- it is equally valid to support one side as it is to support the other- i dont see why people can possibly attack her for saying this.

Imagine she said that, unprovoked, days after Parky's funeral, as that is what he did to Jade. She is allowed to have an opinion on everything, as is he, but there is a certain amount of respect that should be involved if the person has just died.