Game of Thrones S3 (US Pace, Spoilers)

CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nice start, will be interesting to see how this pans out. I'm guessing Margery is bullshitting all those poor people just to get them to like Joffrey?

Comments

• srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering, do we need another thread? there is a no spoiler one and a spoiler one.
    With around 19 hours between us airing and uk airing there is no need for pace specific threads.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margeary is just trying to cement her own position I think. Overall I really loved the episode.:)
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    Just wondering, do we need another thread? there is a no spoiler one and a spoiler one.
    With around 19 hours between us airing and uk airing there is no need for pace specific threads.

US Pace is almost a whole day before Sky show it, how do you expect us to have seen it to post what we think whilst we wait for Sky to show it?
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good opening episode, it laid the foundations for the story lines they're going to be following this season and there were some great one liners.
    Loved the scene between Tyrion and Tywin, he badly underestimates his son because of his size and his lifestyle, Baelish continues to be really creepy, I think Aiden Gillen plays him perfectly and the dynamics between Cersei and Margaery were brilliantly done too.
    I also thought the CGI for the dragons was superb and liked the introduction of Barristan Selmy to Dany.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summed it up better with what I thought actually, Cadiva :)
  • lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen it, going to feel a long wait until next Monday!
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed it and blimey it's good to have it back, but I'm a little underwhelmed at the same time. The series needs more time to heat up again.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed it and blimey it's good to have it back, but I'm a little underwhelmed at the same time. The series needs more time to heat up again.

Feel the same way - a little underwhelmed. BUT there were a lot of story threads to pick up again, with a few more I presume will be picked up next week such as the younger Stark children and Jaime. Once that's out of the way I think the action will really pick up.

That's not to say there weren't some great bits - but it did seem a series of 'great bits' rather than a 'whole'.
    Forum Member
    Feel the same way - a little underwhelmed. BUT there were a lot of story threads to pick up again, with a few more I presume will be picked up next week such as the younger Stark children and Jaime. Once that's out of the way I think the action will really pick up.

That's not to say there weren't some great bits - but it did seem a series of 'great bits' rather than a 'whole'.

Definitely, and it was only after that I realised I'd missed out on Bran, Arya and Jaime. Not to mention Theon too. I think my problem is I came to the show at the end of S2 and watched pretty much 20 episodes on the trot. Not sure I can cope with one a week! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely, and it was only after that I realised I'd missed out on Bran, Arya and Jaime. Not to mention Theon too. I think my problem is I came to the show at the end of S2 and watched pretty much 20 episodes on the trot. Not sure I can cope with one a week! :p

Lol - yep me too - watched all the first two seasons over about 4/5 nights:D
    Forum Member
    Lol - yep me too - watched all the first two seasons over about 4/5 nights:D

Same here! I think it was during a school holiday, possibly the spring bank half term that I devoured every episode lol! If I had any sort of restraint, I'd wait the next 9 weeks out and do the same, but I fear both my resolve and my loudmouth friends would break me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here! I think it was during a school holiday, possibly the spring bank half term that I devoured every episode lol! If I had any sort of restraint, I'd wait the next 9 weeks out and do the same, but I fear both my resolve and my loudmouth friends would break me!

Christmas for me I think - started when my son was at his dad's and then I couldn't stop:D
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    I'm guessing Margery is bullshitting all those poor people just to get them to like Joffrey?

Margaery was clear that the woman running the orphanage should talk to her specifically. This is practical advice, since asking Joffrey for money for orphans would be unwise. But it also reinforces in public perception that Margaery is the one who should be credited with this benevolence, not Joffrey.

The Tyrells are looking out for the Tyrells. If the best way to do that is through Joffrey, fine, but if they can bypass Joffrey and make themselves look good, even better. Having a popular queen may help Joffrey indirectly, but more importantly Margaery wants to be a popular queen.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    I just hope that haven't used up their Dragons CGI budget in one episode, they were pretty impressive for TV. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was bored on New Year's Eve and more or less watched series 1 in two days.

I enjoyed today's episode. Was the girl targeting Daenerys because of what happened in the tower last series?
  • SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Really good opening episode, it laid the foundations for the story lines they're going to be following this season and there were some great one liners.
    Loved the scene between Tyrion and Tywin, he badly underestimates his son because of his size and his lifestyle, Baelish continues to be really creepy, I think Aiden Gillen plays him perfectly and the dynamics between Cersei and Margaery were brilliantly done too.
    I also thought the CGI for the dragons was superb and liked the introduction of Barristan Selmy to Dany.

This, I love the dragons, they were wonderful, actually I love all of it, I'm SO glad it has all started again. Great scene setting ep.

I'm glad that they've made the opening titles normal again too, tracking over different sides of the world last time made me feel queasy. Not that I had to watch it several hundred times....
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVED it!

Dragons were awesome! The CGI on them was really great. :)

Urk! That nipple part.:eek:
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed a little bit of dialogue, but where were Robb and his gang?
    Was it Haranhaal?
    Forum Member
    I must have missed a little bit of dialogue, but where were Robb and his gang?
    Was it Haranhaal?

Yep. I'd actually forgotten what had happened at the end of S2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was bored on New Year's Eve and more or less watched series 1 in two days.

I enjoyed today's episode. Was the girl targeting Daenerys because of what happened in the tower last series?

I think that was one of the warlocks, hence the blue mouth, and the teleporting onto the wall from the water. I would imagine, that given what she did to them when she was there, they wouldn't be harbouring happy thoughts towards her.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,036
    Forum Member
    Have I missed something or have we still not found out how Winterfell was trashed when Theon's rabble were badly outnumbered
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    Have I missed something or have we still not found out how Winterfell was trashed when Theon's rabble were badly outnumbered

We haven't found out yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    I just hope that haven't used up their Dragons CGI budget in one episode, they were pretty impressive for TV. :)

I loved it when it tossed the fish into the air and flame grilled it, before eating it. Brilliant touch that.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    One highlight for me was Tyrion and Tywin, as sharp as Tywin is, he is totally oblivious to the dangerous foe he could be unleashing (at least I hope that's what happens!).

The scene with Bronn was good as well, it firmly outlined the boundaries of his and Tyrion's relationship.

Another highlight was the Giant! I instantly thought of Skyrim :D