Options

Corrie - More Locations Needed?

RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone noticed that there are areas of the street / sets which used to be used a lot more or haven't been seen for years - for example

The chip shop - no longer used.
Kebab shop - last seen circa Tracy and Ryan's relationship?
The butchers - no longer used (apart from a turkey storyline last Christmas)
The Garage - yes I know Kevin has gone but Tyrone works there and they could have employed some help whilst Kevin is 'at Bills'.
Hardware shop - no longer used.
Builder's yard office - last seen about three months ago.
Wethy Arms / Flying Horse - No longer used or referred to (even when the Rovers was out of action)
The Quays - not used or mentioned for a long long time.
Carla's old flat - was so nice, what happened to it?
Freshco's - not even a carrier bag seen nowadays! Was featured regularly circa Curly Watts and Reg Holdsworth.
The Church / Homeless Centre - Only seen when Dennis Tanner was 'found', despite a number of street regulars volunteering there.

The same locations seem to be relied upon, namely

The Bistro bar area
The Rovers bar area
The Kabin till area
The corner shop till area
The factory office
Roy's Rolls

.. wouldn't it be nice to get a bit more variety in the locations - does anyone know if this is anything to do with the set move?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Carla sold her old flat a couple of months ago
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    The Hardware shop was the Kebab shop I think.....

The reason for this though, is I think they are on wind-down now as they gradually wrap up the old Granada Quay Street set, and move over to the new Media City set....

Once the move has happened, Im sure it will be full steam ahead :)
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of you look at the plans for the new set then you can see there is a massive area earmarked for future development which I think will be some kind of shopping precinct or something in the near future.