Coming back to Virgin

TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
Forum Member
I'm currently with Plusnet and they've changed their terms of service so allowing me to cancel the contract.

I've not been happy with them since I joined. I was promised 54meg download and 15meg upload of which I actually got 36mg download and 5meg upload.

I've re-signed up with Virgin as at least I know I'll get the speeds quoted.

Couple of questions :

Will I get the new superhub 2?, I've signed up for the 30meg broadband.

Its an 18 month contract, will my price rise by £2.50 in October or will it stay the same as I've signed up for. Will be annoying to go up after one month - didn't see anything about a price rise during signing up.

Thanks.

Comments

• dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You only get SH2 on 60meg and above

not sure about the price rise
  • TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.

Not to worry about the SH as I'll probably only use it in modem mode anyway.

I'll wait and see re the price rise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure you'll get the price rise unless you make a fuss. Phone them and ask them and make sure they know you're not happy. If you ask for nothing you'll get nothing.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are getting 36Mbps on Plusnet and are moving to Virgin 30Mbps then that is going to be slower? Or is it working out cheaper for Virgin?
  • TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Yes, its half the price with Virgin (with the new customer offer and topcashback etc.)

Will be a bit annoyed about the rise - they don't mention it at all when you are signing up.