Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    You wouldn't swap playing Inter for QOTS?

Didn't you get beat? It wasn't even some great Inter team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    It's not like Franco to make a tit of himself talking bollocks on the internet, but somehow he manages to time after time!

The wee fella thinks he is winding folk up but all that we are doing is laughing at him. Some day soon he might realise that.

When you have gone from beating the giants of Europe to watching Legia or Maribor or Red Bull and Vodka beat you comprehensively aren't you a bit curious as to how you got there? Your board is doing it on the cheap because there is no domestic competition.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CELTIC Football Club announced that it is to erect a bronze statue of Billy McNeill to mark the magnificent achievements of the club's .greatest ever captain

not before time, if you ask me :)
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't you get beat? It wasn't even some great Inter team.

While everyone knows that QOTS are giants of the football scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    When you have gone from beating the giants of Europe to watching Legia or Maribor or Red Bull and Vodka beat you comprehensively aren't you a bit curious as to how you got there? Your board is doing it on the cheap because there is no domestic competition.

Yes, I am sure sure much stronger competition from someone else, particularly Rangers, would have been and would be to the overall benefit of Celtic and Scottish football.

Whose fault is it that there hasn't been that competition from Rangers? In three words RANGERS RANGERS RANGERS. The problems have been very much within that basket case of a club under different guises and regimes. Most of their fans no doubt realise that only too well, but some choose ( for whatever reasons ) to fling stones at every other part of Scottish football.

So ruddy get a move on and provide decent competition !!
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Do you see Rangers potentially winning two legs against Queen of the South, then Hibs, then Motherwell?

Indeed it's silly for the pundits on the radio to dismiss Ross County, Partick Thistle or Motherwell as having no chance in the play offs against either Hibs or Rangers where possibly both could fail to exceed 70 points at the end of the season.

And it could even be Queen Of the South playing Ross County, Partick Thistle or Motherwell in the play off decider the way things are going.

Amazing how nobody thought there was ever going to be a possibility of a Queen of the South v Motherwell play off final at the end of the season. It may very well happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the top 6 is settled, and Hamilton miss out after their relative collapse since Alex Neil left for Norwich ( now 2nd in the Championship ).

Pity in a way that it wasn't left to be settled until the Dundee vs Celtic match, days before the post split fixtures start, with the relative chaos and showing of incompetence that would have been for the SPFL.

If they are going to allow club hols, play the postponed fixture in advance, to avoid backlogs.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is sixth place REALLY settled?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    is sixth place REALLY settled?

Actually good point, not absolutely yet.

Done and dusted for Hamilron, but Killie could theoretically catch Dundee with 2 pre split matches still to play ( home to Aberdeen tomorrow and away to Celtic on Wednesday ).

Killie's GD is currently 8 worse than Dundee's, but laugh if they won these two matches and went level on points with Dundee, because the SPFL couldn't assume that Celtic wouldn't tonk Dundee. I can't see them winning both matches, but for at least one more day it isn't REALLY settled.

6. Dundee PL 32, PTS 44, GD +1
    7. Hamilton PL 33, PTS 43, GD -6
    8. Partick PL 33, PTS 38, GD +3
    9. Kilmarnock PL 31, PTS 38, GD -7
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Back in the title race after late drama at Cappielow, 2-0 down to 9th placed stenhousemuir with 12 minutes to go and we somehow win 3-2, Peter MacDonald got the first of the comeback on 78minutes, Declan McManus equalised on 87mins and Stef McCluskey headed home the winner in the 90th.

Stranraer lost 1-0 at Dunfermline, Forfar went top after a 2-0 home win over Airdrie

Remaining fixtures

Stranraer - Stenhousemuir(h) Morton(h) brechin(a)
    Forfar - Peterhead(a) Dunfermline(a) Ayr(h)
    Morton -Stirling(a) Stranraer(a) Peterhead(h)
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Down south and took in the southampton v hull game today.

I know our spl standard isn't great but I was surprised how poor a game it was considering the season Southampton have had.

Lots of long balls, high balls throughout very little on the deck
    Sony Aluko looked passable but he was poor up here.

No mcgregor dropped through poor form, robertson didn't get off the bench.

Hull will be pretty close to the drop so perhaps More chmpionship players for the Scotland
    squad
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And still you keep embarrassing yourself with post after post of shite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

I know our spl standard isn't great but I was surprised how poor a game it was considering the season Southampton have had.

Hull will be pretty close to the drop so perhaps More chmpionship players for the Scotland
    squad

Most English Premier League games are shite.

They have a great marketing team though and people have fallen for the hype.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top 6 done and dusted so I assume we will get the fixtures this week maybe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And still you keep embarrassing yourself with post after post of shite.

You know full well your board aren't investing because there is no domestic competition. Trying to deny it when Red Bull are walking all over you at home or Maribor or Legia is just bizarre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

squad

Aluko was good for Rangers. 23 games 12 goals is a pretty good record. Hull need a better manager, someone more positive than Bruce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know full well your board aren't investing because there is no domestic competition. Trying to deny it when Red Bull are walking all over you at home or Maribor or Legia is just bizarre.

How much have Celtic spent on transfers since Rangers died?

You do realise that Salzburg have a budget similar to Celtic's?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much have Celtic spent on transfers since Rangers died?

You do realise that Salzburg have a budget similar to Celtic's?

The only thing dead is the reputation of Celtic park being a European fortress. Red Bull battered you in both games and your reasoning is 'but we spent £8 million on Ambrose, Pukki, Balde and Scepovic'. I said strengthen the team, not chuck money down the toilet.

Plus you aren't adding much strength to the team when you sell your best players and replace them with inferior ones. That's why you are going backwards in Europe. It's good to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Dingwall was a clown, now I know he is.

Tries to be a smart arse with Sports Direct and ends up with a massive legal bill. :D

Now got his begging bowl out on FF looking for donations. :D

See William Beggs pal withdrew his case. :D:D

He shat it.
    robo2 wrote: »
    1. he doesnt have a legal bill, the money is to hire a lawyer
    2. he requested a document which all shareholders are entitled to, he will win the case

The fat ride certainly didn't think he'd win it.
    The only thing dead is the reputation of Celtic park being a European fortress. Red Bull battered you in both games and your reasoning is 'but we spent £8 million on Ambrose, Pukki, Balde and Scepovic'. I said strengthen the team, not chuck money down the toilet.

Plus you aren't adding much strength to the team when you sell your best players and replace them with inferior ones. That's why you are going backwards in Europe. It's good to see.

Yeah, I'd much rather have Glenn Loovens in the team than Virgil van Dijk.

Going backwards in Europe when we were still in Europe at the end of February! I'd except that every year. It is what your side can only aspire to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going backwards in Europe when we were still in Europe at the end of February! I'd except that every year. It is what your side can only aspire to.

I'd maybe even accept it. :blush:

Why hasn't the GASL paid Sports Direct the £5m to get the badges back?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul McGowan gets tagged for his latest assault on the police.

Wonder if they'll take it off so he can play?
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul McGowan gets tagged for his latest assault on the police.

Wonder if they'll take it off so he can play?

Not allowed out after 7pm. :D

Not sure if there are any evening games left for Dundee though.

Surprised he didn't get a wee holiday tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They play Celtic on a Friday night.

I was expecting him to go away for a while as well. That's 3 police assaults on his record now.
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He misses Dundee v Celtic and Celtic v Dundee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    He misses Dundee v Celtic and Celtic v Dundee.

At least he will see one of the on TV, I suspect his profession and having a good lawyer managed to prevent a spell inside

How will he get back from away games in time though