Are we dating or not? Confused and not sure how to clarify...

mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive been out with this guy, must be around 6 times now, slept with him, stayed round his a bunch of times, out to dinner, days out etc..However neither of us have actually asked if we are actually properly dating and not had the 'exclusive' chat.
He's quite affectionate when we are together, in bed and while we are out sometimes. However we barely talk via text/phone . Is this odd? With my past exes we had some level of chit chat at some point in the day. Its usually me who initiates it when we do text.
When I'm on whatsapp i obviously sometimes see he's online, so i know he actually uses his phone in the day sometimes lol

Am i wasting my time? I think he likes me because he was the one who approached me first...Should i just ask where is this going? I asked if he wanted to meet up this week and he said yes , so I figure he still wants to see me right?? :confused::confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first thought was he's treating you as a friend with benefits, doing enough to make it look like sex is not his motivation. I've got a mate in a similar "relationship" and that's what he's doing.

But why not ask him?

Or dry the sex up and see what happens.
  • Holmesc1Holmesc1 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Um odd. ive had women use me like this happy to go out with you and sleep with you but will not be classed as your girlfriend. In my book if you sleep with someone regular u r in a relationship with them
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the bit issue is where you are socially with him, if you meet friends/family etc together, then you're in a proper relationship.

If not, then you're just 'seeing' each other.
  • mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    I think the bit issue is where you are socially with him, if you meet friends/family etc together, then you're in a proper relationship.

If not, then you're just 'seeing' each other.

well do you think i should ask him what were doing then? crank it up a notch?
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    mizhog wrote: »

Yes or else how will you know? We are all just guessing here
  • corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ask him, hes probably wondering the same thing. These chats are never easy and no-one likes going first lol

I wouldnt worry about the texts thing - I had to explain to my gf in the early weeks of our relationship that I am not a texter and to call me instead. I think this helped settle her mind.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're lucky he wants to speak to you face to face!
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that would depend on how much you want to know and whether it's worth the risk to what you actually have now. if you feel you can't continue as you are and need to know where you stand, then ask. If you are happy for such a relationship to develop from where you are at a natural pace, then leave it and enjoy what you have until such point as you really do need to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    You're lucky he wants to speak to you face to face!

lol whys that
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asarualim wrote: »
    I think that would depend on how much you want to know and whether it's worth the risk to what you actually have now. if you feel you can't continue as you are and need to know where you stand, then ask. If you are happy for such a relationship to develop from where you are at a natural pace, then leave it and enjoy what you have until such point as you really do need to know.

I dont understand this dating lark. Gone are the days where if you are seeing someone and sleeping with them then you just assume you are "together" - now its all about having the chat. I just dont get it!
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    I dont understand this dating lark. Gone are the days where if you are seeing someone and sleeping with them then you just assume you are "together" - now its all about having the chat. I just dont get it!

Yes, it's changed since my day. i remember ending up in a relationshp without even realising it after a drunken night out and a "date" the following night" It didn't need saying, we both just assumed we were then in a relationship. I guess relationshps are a bit looser defined and need that clarification these days.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest my entirely made-up-on-the-spot rule of thumb is if you don't think you are able to bring it up then no, you're not yet "dating".

Think the advice here is easy - ask him what you are to each other.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    ask him "am I your girlfriend?"

unless the answer is yes youre not

sorted
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sorted

I don't think that would work.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member

sorted

The OP is a man lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    The OP is a man lol

lol :D
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The principle is right, though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Ive been out with this guy, must be around 6 times now, slept with him, stayed round his a bunch of times, out to dinner, days out etc..However neither of us have actually asked if we are actually properly dating and not had the 'exclusive' chat.
    He's quite affectionate when we are together, in bed and while we are out sometimes. However we barely talk via text/phone . Is this odd? With my past exes we had some level of chit chat at some point in the day. Its usually me who initiates it when we do text.
    When I'm on whatsapp i obviously sometimes see he's online, so i know he actually uses his phone in the day sometimes lol

Am i wasting my time? I think he likes me because he was the one who approached me first...Should i just ask where is this going? I asked if he wanted to meet up this week and he said yes , so I figure he still wants to see me right?? :confused::confused:

Yes, you guys are going out.

But he may be the type that isn't very good with texting/messaging and keeping in the touch. A lot of guys are like that. The more sensitive ones may be more needy but this guy sounds very independent.

Whatever you do, don't ask him! Just see how things go, you don't want it to be awkward. If you want something, then you initiate, if you don't, then walk away. Make up your own mind first about you want and initiate accordingly.

But yes, from what I can see here, you guys are an item.

Also does he scream your name or anything when he climaxes? Because if he does, then he is definitely "yo man".
  • alaninmcralaninmcr Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »

It can still depend how mizhog is introduced and treated. Is it "This is mizhog my new boyfriend" or "This is mizhog"? Arm round shoulder (maybe more) or just "it's your round now".
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »

Nor do I understand the need to 'chit chat' every single day, but that's just me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i brought up the fact that weve been seeing each other for about 6 weeks and asked if were going out, and he said were getting there...lol whatever that means...

we were both quite tipsy at the time...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nor do I understand the need to 'chit chat' every single day, but that's just me.

doesnt have to be inane chit chat. just at least a text to say hello, hows your day kinda thing..
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doesnt have to be inane chit chat. just at least a text to say hello, hows your day kinda thing..

Yes, I understand that and to me it's unnecessary. It's a bit stalkerish to me.
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    Yes, I understand that and to me it's unnecessary. It's a bit stalkerish to me.

Oh for the good old days, see each other a couple of times a week and maybe the odd phone call. No need to live in each other's pockets.