Options

The Taylor Swift Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great Cover of taylors mean by tiffany alvord and jake coco

Worth checking these 2 artists out, they cover lots of songs and you can get their stuff on itunes to.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TiffanyAlvord#p/search/6/Ajga_JUO96U
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Taylor ranks in one of my best artists. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Taylor ranks in one of my best artists. :)

I like the way she just gets on with it with the minimum of fuss, no gimmicks, no pantomine just good honest music.
    And of course full marks to her fantastic loyal band full of respected musicians who have been with her from the start. Without her band she would not be the artist she is today that is a certainty.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I like the way she just gets on with it with the minimum of fuss, no gimmicks, no pantomine just good honest music.
    And of course full marks to her fantastic loyal band full of respected musicians who have been with her from the start. Without her band she would not be the artist she is today that is a certainty.

I really like her brother but he doesn't seem to be up to much. Ever. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    I really like her brother but he doesn't seem to be up to much. Ever. :D

No idea about her brother to be honest.

Great she is doing something for the tornado relief in the US, Allowing people in to see her and her bands final rehearsal for the stadium leg of her US tour, 13000 venue just to see her rehearse, thats incredible, very rare for an artist to do this sort of thing. But being taylor you know what she's like...., gold dust is one word :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do Taylor and Ellen keep a straight face during this, classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD8d8A4fiD0
  • Options
    seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stop listening to Long Live at the moment!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seal b wrote: »
    I can't stop listening to Long Live at the moment!

Its a fantastic track and one my favourites, fantastic anthem style vibe, lyrics are supurb as well.
    In places its a bit like change on fearless, you know the same sort of anthem feel to the song.

Its really hard to find any fault with taylor in anything she does.
  • Options
    seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love when the 'tell them how the crowds went wild' bit, reminds me of when she sang it at the 02 and the crowds went wild lol :D

I like the Mean video, Taylor looks stunning although mean would have been far from my first choice as her third single to release. Number 8 on the country songs billboard currently, joint with Carrie Underwood who is the only other female artist to have the same amount of consecutive top 10's in the Country Songs chart's history. Congrats Taylor, 19 is the record and I'm sure Taylor will go on to beat it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the billboards awards

Taylor wins billboard 200 album of the year.

Not surprising considering the other condenders in this award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F4vCc-WsI&feature=youtu.be

She also won

Top Country Artist
    Top Country Album for Speak Now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Cancels tonights gig at Louisville, doctors orders, get well soon taylor.

#getwelltaylor number one trending topic on twitter.

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23getwellTaylor
  • Options
    AfterlifeAfterlife Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your time is running out and they said speak now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afterlife wrote: »
    Your time is running out and they said speak now!

I suppose thats what she get's for doing a stadium concert in the pouring rain the other day, inside info says she has a chest infection.
    First time she has had to cancel a concert in her 5 year career, but they wasted no time in rescheduling it, already been rescheduled and announced not like some artists when they either dont bother or wait months to fit it in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These things happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Health update posted by taylor connect which is taylor's official mouthpiece, more shows cancelled. :(

She really shouldn't do concerts in the pouring rain.

http://connect.taylorswift.com/forum/thread/41510/Taylor_Health_Update
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this on Twitter, hope she gets well soon. :( Xxxx
  • Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah hopes she gets better soon, as epic as the gig the other night was it definitely seems to have affected her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    Yeah hopes she gets better soon, as epic as the gig the other night was it definitely seems to have affected her.

What gig was that, you talking about Gillette?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What gig was that, you talking about Gillette?
    Yeah, pictures and videos looked great. You see the box score numbers? She is killing it with this tour. Pretty fantastic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, pictures and videos looked great. You see the box score numbers? She is killing it with this tour. Pretty fantastic

Yeah she is getting rave reviews, what with her writing speak now totally on her own and putting on these sort of fantastic live shows in stadiums she really is moving up the ladder very fast now and still only 21.
    Never saw the box score numbers, excuse my ignorance, what are they.

Did you see some of the vids of her on the first night at gillette getting soaking wet, many think this is the reason she got ill. Getting wet dont make you ill but guess her body has been under a lot of stress lately doing this massive tour, weakens the immune system and she has had bronchitis before as well so seems prone to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she is getting rave reviews, what with her writing speak now totally on her own and putting on these sort of fantastic live shows in stadiums she really is moving up the ladder very fast now and still only 21.
    Never saw the box score numbers, excuse my ignorance, what are they.

Did you see some of the vids of her on the first night at gillette getting soaking wet, many think this is the reason she got ill. Getting wet dont make you ill but guess her body has been under a lot of stress lately doing this massive tour, weakens the immune system and she has had bronchitis before as well so seems prone to it.
    Yeah good point I can imagine it definitely played at least some part in the short term illness. Do you have any links to good videos from Gillette Stadium?

Box score numbers is the name of the tracking procedure Billboard use for ticket sales throughout the world. You have probably seen them under a different name. I will post them anyway since they are so amazing:-

Taylor Swift, Needtobreathe, Randy Montana, James Wesley
    Gillette Stadium
    Foxboro, Mass.
    June 25-26, 2011
    $8,026,350
    110,800 /
    2 /
    $85, $65, $39.75
    The Messina Group/AEG Live

Taylor Swift, Needtobreathe, Randy Montana, Danny Gokey
    Heinz Field
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    June 18, 2011
    $4,009,118
    52,009 /
    1 /
    $94.50, $64.50, $44.50

Taylor Swift, Needtobreathe, Randy Montana
    Xcel Energy Center
    St. Paul, Minn.
    June 14-15, 2011
    $1,913,737
    28,977 /
    2 /
    $69.50, $59.50, $25

HSBC Arena
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    June 21, 2011
    $966,749
    14,487 /
    1 /
    $69.50, $59.50, $25

XL Center
    Hartford, Conn.
    June 22, 2011
    $810,165
    12,436 /
    1 /
    $69.50, $59.50, $25

$15,726,119 from 7 shows. All sellouts and it is currently the second biggest average grossing tour in America (behind U2). Here's hoping she does start the tour back up in Ontario next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah good point I can imagine it definitely played at least some part in the short term illness. Do you have any links to good videos from Gillette Stadium?

Box score numbers is the name of the tracking procedure Billboard use for ticket sales throughout the world. You have probably seen them under a different name. I will post them anyway since they are so amazing:-

Taylor Swift, Needtobreathe, Randy Montana, James Wesley
    Gillette Stadium
    Foxboro, Mass.
    June 25-26, 2011
    $8,026,350
    110,800 /
    2 /
    $85, $65, $39.75

Taylor Swift, Needtobreathe, Randy Montana, Danny Gokey
    Heinz Field
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    June 18, 2011
    $4,009,118
    52,009 /
    1 /
    $94.50, $64.50, $44.50

Xcel Energy Center
    St. Paul, Minn.
    June 14-15, 2011
    $1,913,737
    28,977 /
    2 /
    $69.50, $59.50, $25

HSBC Arena
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    June 21, 2011
    $966,749
    14,487 /
    1 /
    $69.50, $59.50, $25

XL Center
    Hartford, Conn.
    June 22, 2011
    $810,165
    12,436 /
    1 /
    $69.50, $59.50, $25

$15,726,119 from 7 shows. All sellouts and it is currently the second biggest average grossing tour in America (behind U2). Here's hoping she does start the tour back up in Ontario next week.

Not seen this before, some of the numbers are amazing, near on 16M dollars from 7 shows:eek:
    People go on about various artists album sales but to see the true standing of an artist its always their live numbers that really matter.
    Paying out to see an artist live is a whole different ballgame then picking up their CD in a supermarket.
    Sad it before and I will say it again, I have no shadow of a doubt in the years to come Taylor will go down as one of the greatest female artists ever.

Good quality vids are hard to come by from Gillette, most are just not close enough.

Amazing pic from night 2 at the Gillette, posted by Taylor, just look at that crowd

http://yfrog.com/khzzukj

Vid of her and her band getting soaked during long live from Gillette night 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M5ibhJAnvc

And the opening, not great audio but shows the immense size of this stadium she is playing at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phgMawFgyAI

Love this extract of fifteen, love some of the interaction between her and her band, just all sitting around together, rain had stopped at this stage, lots of messed up wet hair in this one from the rain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NsXrB2_lKg

And full version of fifteen from the next night at Gillette, a dry one and high quality vid. Love the way she starts on her own and all her band slowly join her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUE8Neg_ilw

Good one of haunted from ford field stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0uQQvBVC_E

But one of my favs is from an earlier gig in Singapore, final song love story, great guitar work from grant in the extended ending. And watch her fall off the stage at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiifKUfE4Ls
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think The Story Of Us is like, one of the best songs ever?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On all accounts Taylor rocked montreal to the ground last night in her first gig back after her illness, making up for lost time as she on all accounts said.

The lyrics written on taylors arm for last nights show were from bruce springsteens song When you're alone which if my memory serves me correct is on the tunnel of love album

http://twitpic.com/5qam7j