• Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dec, we all know.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glaschelle wrote: »
    So what! When has he lied? Has he done an interview where someone has actually asked him outright? Why do gay people have to 'come out' anyway?

Nobody has to come out.

But it begs the question, why be in?

Think about it.

Woks both ways, as the great Ken Hom says.

Anyway, anymore of this and Dec will be parading a new ladyfriend around on the Daily Mail front cover if you guys aren't careful. The flacks love this site.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Nobody has to come out.

But it begs the question, why be in?

Think about it.

Woks both ways, as the great Ken Hom says.

Anyway, anymore of this and Dec will be parading a new ladyfriend around on the Daily Mail front cover if you guys aren't careful. The flacks love this site.

have you seen the Mail today?:D
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/declan-donnelly-talks-new-girlfriend-2662766

Bless - Decs new girlfriend - only problem is she is not Ali and she is married.

Woman in pic is Gemma Whitehouse
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    either he is gay or he's a camp straight man people are afraid to come out even now tv presenters especially.
    alan carr & graham norton aside people see what happened to michael barrymore when he came out and don't want that.
    not the bad press he got afterwards.

I don't think Michael Barrymore is a very good example. Plenty of male celebs - Will Young, Mark Feehilly, Stephen Gately, Joe McElderry, came out without negative repercussions. I can only think of pop stars for some reason, but I'm sure there are examples in TV too.

MB was high, or having a breakdown, but he was totally out of control whatever was going on with him. He was supposed to be a family favourite. Singing 'I've got a man stuck on front' at the National TV awards impacted badly on his career way before that guy drowned at one of his parties. It was his personality at that time that killed his career, not his sexuality.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Quote from Daily mail about Dec and Ali's romance

'Clearly besotted, the 38-year-old has been dating blonde Ali for months but until now both have kept the blossoming romance on the down low.' - Play with words there Daily Mail
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »

:D Brilliant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Dec's TV persona is very unlike the real Dec. 99% of Celebes I've met of screen are different people. Remember TV is just a stage to perform and 'act:
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    :D Brilliant!

Ha ha, it cracks me up that picture. Look at what Ant is wearing compared to Dec. :D:D:D
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Dec's TV persona is very unlike the real Dec. 99% of Celebes I've met of screen are different people. Remember TV is just a stage to perform and 'act:

awww don't say that,i hope he's exactly as he seems on screen,he's lovely
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

I meet Ant and Dec on several occasions over several months, in production meetings, on film sets and photoshoots, and they are the only famous people I have ever known to be exactly – exactly – the same as their public persona. After a while, I become a bit obsessed with trying to work out what is real. Is their on-screen charm a telegenic invention, which they've trained themselves to keep up off-camera? In the end, there is only one possible conclusion: Ant and Dec owe their success in an industry built on artifice to – of all things – authenticity.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/feb/23/ant-and-dec-interview
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Have you seen the Morrisons christmas advert with Ant and Dec? Ant seems to have something white squirted on to his lapel with Dec sitting next to him looking somewhat suspicious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLjulVbbE4
    Go on... It's Christmas -- Morrisons Christmas TV Ad 2013