Shut up Robbie and shut up now (Part 4)

AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
Forum Member

Sorry Xfusion,people, I was a bit rude in my earlier post.
Thanks Si's Gal for the defence :cool:
Can't blame the dark forces of Pure Robbie though, I'm afraid. The only excuse I can offer I was in mid-row with my OH who went to work before I could get the last word in, so you got the suffered the sarcasm that should rightly have been his. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si's Gal wrote: »
    Ohhhh, so many jokes, so many DS rules and regs to be obeyed....:D :p

Well, rules ARE made to be broken. ;)

Although I wouldn't encourage or condone such behaviour! ;):p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the organisers of the concert announce there would be a 'mystery guest' or was this just a rumour?

If the organisers DID announce this 'mystery guest' then what explanation did they give for the guest not turning up?

Sorry if this has been answered already :o
  • Si's GalSi's Gal Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the organisers of the concert announce there would be a 'mystery guest' or was this just a rumour?

If the organisers DID announce this 'mystery guest' then what explanation did they give for the guest not turning up?

Sorry if this has been answered already :o

On the running order somewhere (Oh GOD, I just know this isn't going to be good enough for you) it briefly said "Take That Plus Special Guest". Only very briefly though, and then it was revised to just say Take That.

That's how I remember it happening, anyway....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the running order somewhere (Oh GOD, I just know this isn't going to be good enough for you) it briefly said "Take That Plus Special Guest". Only very briefly though, and then it was revised to just say Take That.

That's how I remember it happening, anyway....

That's VERY interesting.........;)

Thank you! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there was no official explanation for the guest not turning up then? :confused:
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    Xfusion wrote: »

I don't even know who the hell this Mark Ronson guy is!
    I only know him by name. I'm not really interested in acts that just do cover versions. Actually his dad is more famous; Mick Ronson was David Bowie's lead guitarist in his most successful phase, including the Ziggy Stardust album. Mick Ronson also produced an album for Morrissey. Sadly he died shortly after :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there was no official explanation for the guest not turning up then? :confused:

Again, I 'heard' that the Special Guest had Cancelled - but in Robbie world, these things are like Chinese Whispers

Apparently the special guest was announced by the BBC, no less - I've just hunted back through this thread to find out what did happen that day.

Why are you wanting to know, anyway? It's AGES ago now, ancient history, almost!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only know him by name. I'm not really interested in acts that just do cover versions. Actually his dad is more famous; Mick Ronson was David Bowie's lead guitarist in his most successful phase, including the Ziggy Stardust album. Mick Ronson also produced an album for Morrissey. Sadly he died shortly after :(

Really? Well, I never knew that!

I'm not Lucy, mind you.....:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, I 'heard' that the Special Guest had Cancelled - but in Robbie world, these things are like Chinese Whispers

Apparently the special guest was announced by the BBC, no less - I've just hunted back through this thread to find out what did happen that day.

Why are you wanting to know, anyway? It's AGES ago now, ancient history, almost!! :D

I do appreciate it is now ancient history. :)

But I was curious to see how history had been re-written that was all. ;)

It's interesting that we never officially learned who the guest was. ;)
    Forum Member
    I do appreciate it is now ancient history. :)

But I was curious to see how history had been re-written that was all. ;)

It's interesting that we never officially learned who the guest was. ;)
    I reckon the show organizers added it to the guest list to get some more viewers. When TT came on, you couldn't help anticipating the Robster's appearance. Clever, if cynical, marketing :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Well, I never knew that!

I'm not Lucy, mind you.....:p

*whispers* I didn't even know that :eek: :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,868
    Forum Member
    Am I here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I here?

You are! :)

Am I? :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I here?

That rather depends on where you think you are....:p
    Forum Member
    Am I here?
    "Wherever you are, you are here." - John Lennon :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Wherever you are, you are here." - John Lennon :cool:

Good answer, Mr M! :) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the show organizers added it to the guest list to get some more viewers. When TT came on, you couldn't help anticipating the Robster's appearance. Clever, if cynical, marketing :cool:

An interesting idea..........and quite possibly correct! :D;) :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I thought that too, I would put money on the viewing figures going up just before TT went on and falling drastically just after they went off :D
    Forum Member
    An interesting idea..........and quite possibly correct! :D;) :rolleyes:
    I remember the same "rumours" circulated at Live Aid; the remaining Beatles were supposed to appear. Luckily they didn't :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the same "rumours" circulated at Live Aid; the remaining Beatles were supposed to appear. Luckily they didn't :D

Thank goodness for that! :D
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness for that! :D
    I agree :cool: In Music there's a thread called 'Music or lyrics that make you cringe' - Robbie's had a few mentions :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    Pop star NATASHA BEDINGFIELD thought romance was in the air when she met ROBBIE WILLIAMS - but he stood her up. The Unwritten hitmaker once bumped into Williams in a record shop and is still waiting for him to call her as promised. She explains, "Rob once said he would call me. I bumped into him in an L.A. record shop and he asked me what hotel I was staying in. He said he'd call, but never did." And the singer, who is dating U.S. businessman Matt Robinson, still hasn't given up on that second meeting with Williams. She adds, "I still think Robbie is attractive. I'd love to duet with him."

He was probably too busy with Oli and Jonny love ;)

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/bedingfield%20williams%20stood%20me%20up_1037028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop star NATASHA BEDINGFIELD thought romance was in the air when she met ROBBIE WILLIAMS - but he stood her up. The Unwritten hitmaker once bumped into Williams in a record shop and is still waiting for him to call her as promised. She explains, "Rob once said he would call me. I bumped into him in an L.A. record shop and he asked me what hotel I was staying in. He said he'd call, but never did." And the singer, who is dating U.S. businessman Matt Robinson, still hasn't given up on that second meeting with Williams. She adds, "I still think Robbie is attractive. I'd love to duet with him."

He was probably too busy with Oli and Jonny love ;)

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/bedingfield%20williams%20stood%20me%20up_1037028

Is that the same Natasha Bedingfield who has a new album out? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Is that the same Natasha Bedingfield who has a new album out? :rolleyes:
    Yes, and the same Natasha Bedingfield who is more successful in the US than Robbie :D

He really should have phoned her :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Do you think if Robbie knew his fans were eagerly awaiting his return to Britain, he'd look smug?
This discussion has been closed.