How do you think the handover should be handled?

stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Obviously the 4 specials have to hand over to the New Doctor, but I think they should competely wrap up The RTD era also, to allow Moffat to take his vision for the show forward... so here's how i'd do it.

I'd like to see other people's ideas of how it should be handled, and constructive criticisms of each... No need to be snarky and nasty, we're just playing with ideas that you'd like to see handled...
No need to start making comments that belittle the new Doctor either please. Thats on enough threads as it is.

Anyway, here's my thoughts:
  • The last two specials are likely to be a two part Christmas and New Year's special, as such I think they should wrap everything up, and have The Tenth Doctor right into the middle of the Time War (i know its time locked, and the paradox thing, but they can write that away easily enough I'm sure) and wrap up the mystery that was created during RTD's time.
  • Throw the majority of the specials budget onto these episodes, allowing them to have a larger scope that The Time War would require.
  • Give Paul McGann a final shot at showing just how good The 8th Doctor could of been, and get him in for a Two Doctors special, featuring 8 and 10... Paul hasn't aged badly in the last 12 years at all. You can reduce the budget by having his TARDIS appear inside Doctor 10's TARIS (paradoxical I know, but again they can write it away), so the vast majority of shots of his TARDIS interior can be done from outside his TARDIS looking in through the doors.
  • Bring in Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller. An Eighth Doctor companion.
  • Bring in Derek Jacobi to be The Master for these episodes, as the Master was resurrected by the Time Lords for the purposes of the Time War.
  • One last Dalek story (and Davros obviously) and then we can have them vanish... Not to be seen again for a long-long time... If ever. Maybe we can finally have the terrifying enemy they should be instead of the bad cartoon they have become? Please?
  • Fan boy it out, and introduce The Rani for the special, cast Patterson Joseph as The Time Lord President. Throw in Borusa too, The Doctor's former teacher.
  • During this episode, we're introduced to the companion that will be one of the 11th Doctor's companions. I believe they will have, and should have, more than one companion for the New Doctor. Just like they did with Peter Davison.
  • The Tenth Doctor's mortal injury occurs during the final big battle of the Time War. After Regeneration The 11th Doctor is comotose, The Eighth Doctor pleads with the 11th Doctor for his help, it wakes him just in time to be The Doctor that actually commits the act of the Time War that wipes out most of his people, and the Daleks. He collapses again.
  • The Eighth Doctor informs the new companion that this new incarnation won't remember his actions, and must never be told of his actions in the Time War, and that it was his incarnation that will go down in history as causing the war, grave consequences to his own future etc... It is he that must shoulder the blame...
  • He enters his TARDIS and escapes to continue his adventures, and become the 9th Doctor in time... As he leaves, he remotely triggers the 11th Doctor's TARDIS to remotely land somewhere (to be seen at the beginning of Series 5).

Anyone else got any ideas of how they could do it?

Comments

• NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! you've really thought about that, my contribution isn't so detailed I'm afraid.

I'd just like, after regeneration, the 11 Doc to wake up, find a mirror and say something along the lines of: "I'm a bit young aren't I?"