Options

The Joe McElderry Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    SandyPandy74SandyPandy74 Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I missed this - is it repeated ;-)

Paula has it on her YouTube channel http://youtu.be/F_Gtiin__C8
  • Options
    LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks Sandy. I loved watching that again! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to more dates for the 2015 Evolution Tour being released soon. (Might have already booked *ahem* one or twoish :D:D

Details of the tour on Joe's Official Website as well as current dates :)

http://joemcelderryofficial.com/tour-dates/

In the meantime more wonderful performances from recent concerts. :cool:
    Thanks to Paula and JoeMusicPromo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0hbH8fGCDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CW4dEYjm3o
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you :)
  • Options
    MichelleMKMichelleMK Posts: 2,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

@joemcelderry91
    Look forward to performing at London lifestyle awards tomorrow!!

Glowsticks at the ready miss Pandy!! see you there!! :D

and another tweet from him today, with a pic I love :) ...
    Joe McElderry @joemcelderry91 Trying to play a tune ;)http://instagram.com/p/t3DpeuPOiR/

hope that means he'll surprise us with a guitar segment in one of his shows * prays * :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep. Glowsticks in the bag ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it's a good thing glowsticks don't have an expiry date. LOL

Joe has a bad back and cannot perform tonight at the London Lifestyle Award. I have tweeted the event account to ask what was happening with the show but they haven't replied so far. So we have no idea if the other acts will play for longer or if they are sorting out another headliner...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    couple of dates added for the Evolution tour on Joe's website:
    Babbacombe Theatre on 20th june
    Worthing on 3rd July

none of the Ireland dates are in yet but hopefully they will come soooooooooon :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Joe is switching on the xmas light in Blyth on friday 21st november as confirmed by the twitter account Blyth Town Team

CHRISTMAS LIGHT SWITCH ON - 21 NOV 2014
    …Blyth Town Council’s annual Christmas tree light switch on at 4.45pm in the Market Square with a guest appearance by Joe McElderry.…
    http://www.blythtownteam.org/search.php?q=joe+mcelderry

that would be just before his first xmas show at the Mill Volvo Theatre in Newcastle
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    couple of dates added for the Evolution tour on Joe's website:
    Babbacombe Theatre on 20th june
    Worthing on 3rd July

none of the Ireland dates are in yet but hopefully they will come soooooooooon :P

And hopefully some nearer to me on the Island!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    another date for the Evolution Tour 2015

Arnhem Gallery, Fairfield Halls, Park Lane, Croydon, CR9 1DG
    Thursday 7th May – 7:30pm
    Box Office: 020 8668 9291

not sure if the tickets are on sale yet

all other announced dates are still on the website with more to come http://joemcelderryofficial.com/tour-dates/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Glowsticks in the bag ;)

I think maybe these should be a suggestion for Joe's merch team - gonna need a lot of glowsticks to party for 100 dates tour next year :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the show tonight! Safe travel everyone. :)

Check Joe's Official Website for current shows and 2015 Evolution Tour dates, more to be added. :D

http://joemcelderryofficial.com/tour-dates/
  • Options
    MichelleMKMichelleMK Posts: 2,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's a good thing glowsticks don't have an expiry date. LOL

Indeed. Ah well it was still a lovely night out in great company :)

LL2 see you at Stevenage later, work deadline permitting :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think maybe these should be a suggestion for Joe's merch team - gonna need a lot of glowsticks to party for 100 dates tour next year :D:D

haha. good point!!!
  • Options
    jadojado Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone! Joe's stevenage show was incredible! Here's my recording, and i'm gonna write a review tomorrow :)https://www.sendspace.com/file/37d1pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey all, here is my review, i'm writing it in parts. :)
    My review of Joe McElderry at Stevenage.

After what seemed like an age, it was finally here! Monday 13th October, the day that Me, Chessie and Megan were all going to see Joe perform for the last time this year, in Stevenage.
    I was worried, because the weather was awful and I really hoped we’d be able to get there. Me and Chessie have been suffering from colds, coughs and sore throats as well, so we weren’t feeling particularly great, but we weren’t gonna let that stop us seeing Joe!
    Chessie had been with my friend Justin for the night, recording some tracks and writing songs, so he said he’d bring her back to mine so she could get ready for the show. I told him to bring her back for 4 at the latest. Due to delays on the underground and buses, they didn’t arrive until 5, and that was the time we were meant to be meeting Megan at Barnes station!
    Chessie came in, dropped off her stuff, got changed and we all left.
    The bus to get to Barnes station seemed to take an age, I don’t think we got there until about half 5! Megan was already there, waiting in the bus shelter for us, she’d been there for 20 minutes already!
    We got on the train to Voxel and decided to travel to Finsbury park to get our last train to Stevenage. Now, we hadn’t booked any assistance, because we didn’t need it, Megan was helping us all out. Justin was gonna jump on the train with us and carry on to 7 Sisters and go home from there. Megan helped me and brodie on the train, helped chessie, and just as Justin was jumping on, they slammed the doors in his face, so he couldn’t get on the train and they wouldn’t open them again. So, we didn’t want to say goodbye to him like that, but we had no choice. The good thing is, Justin doesn’t need assistance, he can’t see a thing, but he knows the layout of 7 sisters, like the back of his hand. He did get into a bit of trouble when he arrived though because the exit was closed due to flooding, but they sorted him out.
    We got on the stevenage train with no problems. It took us about 45 minutes to get there, and we arrived at the venue at about 7.15. we went in and said hello to a few Joe fans and then we went through to the cloakroom to see if any of the staff could look after Brodie during the show. Just before we went in however, Joe’s mum came over and gave us all a few things, she gave us a badge each, a pen, and a Set Your Soul Alive wristband. I wonder if she was giving them out to everyone?
    There was no one to look after Brodie, so they moved us back a row into row h so he had more room to stretch out.
    Eventually we were in our seats, and it was time for the show to start!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first song, was wide awake. I loved the way it started, stripped back, with just the piano, and Joe’s beautiful voice. Chessie said she thought Joe sounded like he had a cold, but she also said it could have just been his mic, as some mice do that.
    Then the band came in and wow, they were incredible! I love the acoustic shows, but there’s just something else when the band are there, wow! We thought the band seemed quite loud at this show, but it might have just been where we were sitting? Chessie said they drowned out Joe’s beautiful voice a bit. what do you guys think?
    During this song, Joe introduced his band like he always does, there’s a new basest, but I didn’t catch their name. Something Fernandez it sounded like.
    The magical part of this song was incredible! It gave me goosebumps so badly! all you can hear in the recording, is me going wow! wow! I just think it’s amazing how Joe has changed this song up so much, I love it!
    Up next, was the amazing, if you love me!
    Just to let you guys know, i’m not remembering the setlist off by heart, i’m listening to my recording while I write this.
    Chessie preferred acoustic if you love me, as that was the first version she ever heard, but I love the uptempo version with the band.
    I loved hearing Chessie’s surprise when Joe went into singing Katie Perry in the middle, she’d forgot he did that. You can hear her singing a bit on the last chorus. :)
    Up next, was real late starter. I don’t know what happened here, but Joe came in late? I think? He missed out the words, I woke up late. He just started with the word today.
    I love this one so much, you can just hear that the band are having fun, Joe has so much energy, and I love it when he shows off with his high notes as well, Chessie was really impressed!
    Up next, was set your soul alive, but before that, Joe said he was gonna tell us a little story. I said to Chessie and Megan on the train, that I bet we’d get a story about Joe inuring his back, and I was right.
    He said that if we saw him collapsing halfway through the show, he hurt his back during rehearsals. Last week was the first show that he cancelled due to illness, he said he felt like a kid phoning in from school, he said he hated it.
    When Joe got us all singing, you can hear me, flat as ever, and Chessie, amazing as ever! you can hear her saying to me, shall she harmonise again, and she did, really well! If there’s one thing i’ve learned after Monday, never sing when Chessie is around, she’s just incredible!
    Unfortunately the drums distorted a bit on my recording, but you can still hear it really well!
    This song has always been one of my favourites, it’s just such a feel good song! Chessie loved it when Joe sang a bit of diamonds in with set your soul alive, she thought it was really cool, and you can hear her surprise when he starts singing it. I just loved hearing her reactions!
    I love taking someone to their first show and hearing their enjoyment of it all!
    Up next, was one of Chessie’s favourites, memory of you. I used to love the rocky version with the band, but I love it stripped back now, you can hear so much of Joe’s emotion in it. he told us the usual story about what the song is about. He said that when he is in the car and he listens to a song, he says he just has that moment where he relates to a song and shouts at the radio.
    He was saying how when they were driving down to newcastle he was watching people in their cars and they were singing.
    Memory of you made Chessie cry, she says it reminds her of a few friends she’s lost in the past. The line that gets to her is, now i’m sitting on the stairs, praying that you even care.
    and the bit, i’m trying, i’m trying, but i’m dying inside.

I loved it in the second verse how Matt came in on the drums, not too powerful, but not too soft either, it’s just what the song needs really!
    Towards the end of the song, he was just so powerful, so emotional, it just sounded like the room was silent, taking in every word, every note, of that amazing voice! He just gets better and better every time!
    He then told us about how he had a bad knee and he went to a physic on wednesday, and every speed bump, every pothole was stabbing him in the back, then he said, that’s happened to us a few times in this industry! He’s so funny! He was like anyway, we won’t talk about that. He had mussel straps, deep heat, the lot! the physio said that his hamstrings were tight, he had knots in his back, are you stressed? Joe said he laid on the table and was like, shall we just pack it in now? i’m only 23!
    The next song, he heard on the way down on his ipod and decided to add it into the set, it was superman!
    This song has always been one of my favourites, so much emotion, and I just loved it with the band as well, it just works!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After superman, Joe went to get changed, I wondered if it’d take him longer because of the pain in his back.
    Up next was unbreak my heart, and you can really hear me on the recording, I was so happy that he was doing this!
    Those rich, low notes, just wow!! There’s just something about hearing Joe sing classical songs live, it’s just so much better than the album! I get goosebumps with this song every time! I’m torn between wide awake, and this being my favourite song of the show!
    If Joe did still have a bit of a cold, he wasn’t showing it I don’t think, he was giving such an incredible performance! Me and Megan were just a bit gutted that it wasn’t more sold out!
    The long note at the end, was just stunning! wow!!!
    Joe got such a great reaction from this song, the audience were going mad for him! He always sounds so surprised!
    He then told us the story about learning the song and thinking that it was Italian, but then finding out it was actually Spanish. He said he will eventually do an album of classical music, but until then it’ll always be included in shows.
    One of the singing coaches on popstar to operastar, said to him once when he forgot his words, just sing the italian menu, just sing about spaghetti passionately and you’ll be alright! She tells all her students to do that, if you sing carbonara in a nice sound, or lasagne in a nice accent, no one will get it! so he said, if you ever hear me sing, lasagne! then you know i’ve forgot my words!
    He was just telling such funny stories that night!
    He then introduced tony hatch and said about how he met tony hatch 2 years ago with 1 world, 1 song. He then talked about the celebration of his life at the rfh, and then he said he was gonna sing a stripped back version of Joanna.
    This song is way before all our time, but we loved it! Megan said that she wishes her name was Joanna right now!
    I thought it was great that Tony came to watch, I hope they both got to talk, either before, or after the show!
    He then had a drink, told us that there was an interval after the next song, and then told us how this song has been a huge part of his career, yep, it’s Nessun Dorma!
    This song for me has always been so powerful live! so much power in Joe’s voice, so much emotion, so many memories! I don’t like the album version, but I love it live!
    At the end, we gave him a standing ovation. i’m not sure if the whole hall were standing, but we certainly were! what an incredible first half!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second half began with the amazing feel the fire! I loved this with the band, it just makes you wanna get up and dance!
    After this, was someone wake me up! I love this with the band! You can really hear me singing along, and I sound terrible!
    Up next, was everyones favourite part, jukebox Joe! I wasn’t gonna request anything, I decided to let Chessie. she wanted to hear what have I done, as it’s her favourite song that joe’s ever done!
    He started with over the rainbow, the album version, it was lovely to hear this again! again, those lovely low notes, love them!
    The next request, he took, he said to the person that they were wearing an oldschool t shirt and he hardly had any hair, Megan told us it was an x factor t shirt. He sang I dreamed a dream, which again, was incredible!
    Then next, he came to us 3! I think he recognised us, because he was like, yes, you 3, what would you like to hear? and Chessie asked for what have I done, and he said he could do it. He sang a verse, and she harmonised for the first couple of lines on the chorus. she’d not learned it all, so she couldn’t sing the whole thing, but she sounded incredible!
    You hear me saying to chessie, harmonise with him! seriously though, I could listen to Chessie and Joe, all day and never get bored!
    Up next was careless whisper. He was great at this!
    He then gave a shoutout to Anthony from Blue, and his little daughter who was asleep with her headphones on. I think he was the one who asked for somebody to love?
    Chessie found it funny when Joe was trying to pick a key to sing in.
    This had to be my favourite request of the night, I just loved it! It really got the crowd going! Chessie was going for it in this one as well. She started off singing low, and then she harmonised as Joe got louder, they sounded fab!
    Then he got put under pressure to sing the world hunger song, as Tony Hatch was in the room! He had to think a minute for the words!
    The next request was dance with my father, we all knew that this would get requested. I will always love this song!!
    Up next was circle of life, and i just thought it was amazing with the band! Chessie harmonised on a couple of lines again and sounded great, i wish she’d kept going!
    Up next was sorry seems to be the hardest word. Of course Blue sang this song as well, and Anthony was in the room.
    Joe then took 1 more request which was Billy Jean. He just sang the chorus of this, but it was still great! again, Chessie helped out a bit.

Up next, was his Medley! I wasn’t too sure when I heard it on youtube, but live I loved it! You hear Laura down at the front encouraging joe! He started off with the 21st night of september! He really got the crowd going with this!
    Then he sang the i wanna rock with you all night, song, I can’t remember what it’s called. After this was that a thousand kisses from you song. Up next was the freak out song! Megan loved this one! we all did, such a great medley! Joe just seems to be enjoying himself so much on stage, he really does! I was so worried about him dancing though because of his back!
    Up next was that reminds me baby of you, song! all these songs remind me of listening to heart or magic on the radio as that’s where I normally hear them.

Up next was ambitions! he asked if we all know the dance, and I still don’t, even after 4 years! This was great live as well, I loved Joe’s energy in this! Chessie sounds great singing this! I was worried again about him dancing, but Megan said he looked fine. I think in one of the songs he normally does a back bend or something, and she said he didn’t do that, but apart from that, he was dancing normally.
    Up next, was the amazing until the stars run out, i’ve always loved this with the band, Matt on the drums is just wow! The drums just add to the atmosphere of the song, it’s great! Chessie wasn’t expecting the Rihanna part, you hear her on the recording, saying oh, gosh! she loved it though! Then you hear her saying, he’s so good!!!! He did an incredible high note in until the stars run out as well! Me and Chessie both said wow at almost exactly the same time!
    Up next, was don’t stop believing! Joe thanked us for being an amazing audience, and he said how he feels so lucky to do what he does as a job. He said that 5 years ago, his dream was to be able to travel around the UK or travel around the world, and he’s just so fortunate to have this as a job. He says he’s learned to much as an artist and a singer while he’s been on tour. We applauded the crew, the band, and his management and the special guests.
    Chessie really went for it in this song, harmonising and everything, she sounded amazing!
    The last song, was the climb. I felt sad that it was the last song, as it meant the show would be over, and that would be it for me until next year. I loved it though! During the verses Chessie sang along with Joe, nd then on the verses she harmonised a bit. I’m so happy that my recording worked this time! Definitely a special show to remember! I loved the part at the end where Joe got us all to sing a bit of set your soul alive again! A great ending to the show! I also liked it how he changed the words too, it’s my climb!
    The end note of set your soul alive was incredible! Chessie was shocked! You hear her saying woe! really loudly on the recording! What an incredible show though! I can’t wait for next year! I’m not sure when my first show will be yet, but i’m definitely gonna try and get to 2 or 3, like I have this year, as I think for me, that’s a good amount!

After the show, we went out and chatted to a few people. Marylou, Mags, Sharron, Laura, Michelle and loads of others!
    We decided not to wait for Joe, as we thought he’d be meeting all the important and special guests and Megan had to get back for work, so we headed straight back.
    We went the same route as we came, and we eventually got back to mine at about 12.15 which wasn’t too bad. Brodie was great during the show, he slept through most of it again!
    Seriously though, this year has been incredible! All of you guys, are just so lovely! Thanks for accepting me, and making me feel a part of the McElderryMassive! I’ve made so many friends, and I can’t wait to see what next year has to hold for us, and for Joe! I know one thing, no matter how bumpy the ride, i’m always gonna be here until the very end! Thank you Joe, for an incredible year, Bring on 2015!!!
    For those of you who missed it, here is a link to my recording, hope you enjoy! https://www.sendspace.com/file/37d1pm
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic review Jade - love that you get so many details that others may miss :)

Great pic of Joe on his twitter feed today

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 2h2 hours ago
    Got quite muddy this morning! http://instagram.com/p/uVernxPOv-/

:D

He took part in the Newcastle Stampede today which appears to be kind of like a 10k Assault Course. He really is quite the Action Man in his spare time :D

Hope everyone who is going the the various upcoming gigs this week has a great time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic review Jade - love that you get so many details that others may miss :)

Great pic of Joe on his twitter feed today

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 2h2 hours ago
    Got quite muddy this morning! http://instagram.com/p/uVernxPOv-/

:D

He took part in the Newcastle Stampede today which appears to be kind of like a 10k Assault Course. He really is quite the Action Man in his spare time :D

Hope everyone who is going the the various upcoming gigs this week has a great time!

ThanksJade! :)

Lovely pic of Joe billie :D

Blimey, action man is right what with running marathons, cycling coast to coast and Glasgow to Newcastle, winning skiing competitions with hardly any training, now assault courses. :o :cool: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning each! :D

Safe travel to everyone off to a Joe gig this week and hope the weather has calmed down a bit where you are. Got ma glow sticks and I'm ready to party! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! What a fabulous end to Joe's Set Your Soul Alive tour! Three brilliant shows with such great atmospheres! He's at The Cadogan Hall in London tonight as a guest of Kerry Ellis and then it's the start of the Christmas shows soon :cool: Happy times! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to Michelle for this fabulous Jukebox Joe vid of the wonderful, versatile Joe from one of his recent acoustic concerts. :cool: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9n7xkc_6Y