Looking for a Freeview DVR with Netflix support

We're cancelling Sky and switching to just freeview with Netflix.

So, we're look for one that can record live TV as well as having Netflix capabilities.
I've been looking and so far I've found the Panasonic DMR HW120EBK, which is £115 on eBay refurbished or ex-display, this is roughly the amount I wish to pay.

Anyone got any suggestions about what to get?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    The Panasonic is a decent machine, it has a couple of minor flaws mainly with the setup menu being a bit convoluted, and not being able to watch a third channel while two recordings are in progress which nearly all other Freeview HD PVRs can manage, but that's something you'll no doubt get used to.

One very good thing is that this model has gotten rid of the God awful adverts that used to plague Panasonic equipment.

And it's available for £99 if you are happy with an ex display model from here:
    http://www.brandrange.co.uk/hd-dvd-recorders/panasonic-dmrhw120ebk-freeview-500-hdd-disk-recorder-dmr-hw120ebk-485-237-284.php
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Oh that's great thank you! The ebay one was ex display anyway and more expensive.

I'm used to the two channels thing anyway, that's how it was on Sky. Thank's for replying.

Anyone ever used that website though? It doesn't look too good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Oh that's great thank you! The ebay one was ex display anyway and more expensive.

I'm used to the two channels thing anyway, that's how it was on Sky. Thank's for replying.

Anyone ever used that website though? It doesn't look too good.

Can't say whether it is a decent company or not.

However, it is a site registered in the US. That in itself isn't suspicious, many companies that operate .co.uk domains get registered in the US or it could be a US company new to the UK.

BUT I would say, having had a closer look, it has some information missing that is a legal requirement for UK websites.

In the UK online stores are required to display an address of their registered office, a contact telephone number and other contact details. They must also display company registration number, VAT registration if registered for VAT too.

That site doesn't have any of those.

So yeah, might be worth avoiding them and paying the extra for the one from Ebay if the seller has good feedback and is based in the UK.
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not going to buy for a couple of weeks anyway. Thanks.

The weird thing is the website links to the eBay?

Either way the price on the website is up.