She's the winner already.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely going to the lives.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long before she turns into a bizarre DS hate figuire?
  • JambobJambob Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liked the audition, but think she will become a divisive figure round here. The people that go mad for the big belting club singer types will hate her.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before she turns into a bizarre DS hate figuire?

I love Ds, but know if they hate someone it means nothing, as the majority of the public will love them. lol
    Just going by many experiences on here.:)
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone from Audition show 1 wins the whole thing, it'll be this girl. I thought she was fantastic. Very Ellie Goulding-esque.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Diana meets Ellie meets Birdy?
  • Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing, the next diana vickers ! Only bad thing is we have to wait so long to hear her in the next stage ! Supporting her 2 win !
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    I love Ds, but know if they hate someone it means nothing, as the majority of the public will love them. lol
    Just going by many experiences on here.:)

I think exactly the same :) Still I wouldn't be surprised if by next week we're already getting the "JANET IS A BITCH LULZ" threads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Best audition in years! Absolutely sensational!
  • ninianbluebirdninianbluebird Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened to her on X Factor, then listened to Ellie Goulding singing it on Spotify, they are so similar and look how much recognition Ellie Goulding got from singing that song, just goes to show how talented this young girl is. :D

I'd love her to win, even though its the first episode, she's such a likeable person.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Janet. Nice girl with a lovely voice. Very natural in how she looked and how she sang. A refreshing change.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure... I really want to like her since she seems so nice and adorable and found her lovely at some points but I just didn't really like it =( Maybe she'll grow on me...
  • AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice tone!... Took a lot of deep breaths during her performance. Would benefit from the vocal coaches help... With work she definitely has the potential to win!
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it Your Song from the film Moulin Rouge?

It was Ellie Goulding's version she was doing...identikit. Still great!
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Reminded me a lot of Diana Vickers but a lot more natural.

She's nothing like her. Diana Vickers couldn't sing she just made weird noises.

Janet Devlin is a natural singer, clear perfect voice with an Irish lilt.

I just worry they'll overstyle her and make her sing rubbish songs and completely change her into something very unnatural.

This may be the best we see of her - while she's new to us.
  • Habs4TaxHabs4Tax Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    And tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Ellie Goulding.

Typically quaint vocal complete with hush tones and affected inflections. The fake little yodels to help sell 'emotion' is so absolutely contrived. But this type of 'look at me aren't I so delicate and whispery with my stratgeically nuanced yelps' singing seems to be the rage.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's nothing like her. Diana Vickers couldn't sing she just made weird noises.

Janet Devlin is a natural singer, clear perfect voice with an Irish lilt.

I just worry they'll overstyle her and make her sing rubbish songs and completely change her into something very unnatural.

This may be the best we see of her - while she's new to us.

Agree. She reminds people of Diana Vickers purely because she has a "different" type of voice and blonde hair. However, as much as I do like Janet's voice, it was a complete rip off of Ellie Goulding's version of Your Song. I'd have liked her to acknowledge that that was the version she'd be singing, though that's just me being picky.

I'm looking forward to hearing Janet at bootcamp, hopefully singing something completely different so that I can decide whether that's really her voice and style... or whether she's just another contrived, Diana Vickers-a-like.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet won hands down as best for this week.
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just listened to Janets youtube videos whilst I think she is a good singer..I dont think she is great :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice tone!... Took a lot of deep breaths during her performance. Would benefit from the vocal coaches help... With work she definitely has the potential to win!

I agree, i expect her to be in the final at the very least.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I liked her, but I do think she might go down the same route as Diana: initially well liked, until every song she sang sounded the same.

Her voice is like Diana's, but Diana's was forced and over-the-top, whereas Janet's sounds more natural and subtle.
  • EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's so sweet! Hope she's in the live shows.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice is like Diana's, bur Diana's was forced and over-the-top, whereas Janet's sounds more natural.

Totally agree with you.