EE: How come everybody knows everybody?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
Forum Member
How come all these people the viewers have never seen before come onto the square and they always know everybody?

Derek knows Pat
Derek knows Michael

Then there have been other characters who have just wondered onto the square and automatically know everyone.

Another wonder of soap is the way a characters entire family can suddenly come to stay forever in their tiny little house.

Comments

• EE_1_FANEE_1_FAN Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come all these people the viewers have never seen before come onto the square and they always know everybody?

Derek knows Pat
    Derek knows Michael

Then there have been other characters who have just wondered onto the square and automatically know everyone.

Another wonder of soap is the way a characters entire family can suddenly come to stay forever in their tiny little house.

I covered a similar thread to this a few days back :yawn: . I think its just to have a few relationships for a new character to immediately bond with, so they have somewhere to start off really
  • Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pheasible though, and the connections have been mentioned for years.

Pat's son David Wicks fathered Bianca with Carol (Derek's sister) when they were teenagers, Derek beat up David and I think Pat helped Derek get put in prison somehow.

Jack and Michael were friends from school - so Derek (being Jack's older brother) would know him from their childhood.