Merlin Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Now come on star, haven't you been reading this thread? You should know that the 18th is the night we're going to dance on tables naked at the after party, be chased by the tabard mafia, kidnap Colin and bound and gag him and throw him into Smint's boot. We're also going to kidnap Roger for Lem and TLM for Nat. Smint and Razzy will get to select two very lucky men from the leftovers of the cast or the audience to be kidnapped alongside them for a night of debauchery and being our sex slaves in Smint's hot tub. I don't know about you, but I will need to be extremely drunk to do all of that. ;)

Oh thank you, I will have a very interesting discussion with him over characterisation and why he chose to portray Prospero like that. Sadly, I'll need to be sober to have that conversation so I'll be chaperone for all you lot!
    star89 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ

Oh, is he invited to the party? I'd have an interesting discussion with him around some of his choices too!
    Even Colin will be swinging his vegetarian sausage about after he's had it.. :eek: :D

:eek: la la la, not listening to such filth.
    Avi8 wrote: »
    I'm with you Star. Just reading this makes me feel anxious. Even more pointless post from me though as I will be 300 miles away on the day!.:)

I know we have been here before though and Keren doesn't get us. One thing I would ask you Keren: I understand about wanting to get drunk, feel released from constraints, etc, but why drink to the point where you feel sick, let alone throw up? Do you do it by mistake - do your tolerance levels change according to circumstances - or do you honestly think the nausea and possible vomiting and hangover the next day is worth it for the fun you have the night before?

ETA Sorry, just re-read that and I sound like a right old fart. Ignore.

No, you don't, cos I'm in total agreement. Is it possible to have a phobia of being sick because I think I've got that! I would do ANYTHING to avoid throwing up so getting that drunk is never on my agenda. I like a drink and I get tipsy but I've never got to the vomit my guts up stage because I'm so afraid of being sick.
    That's pretty much it. I like being extremely drunk and being extremely drunk means I will feel like crap the next day but to me it's worth it. I've noticed all the times I've been or felt sick I've had wine. The few times I've just had vodka I haven't felt sick, Now that he had his power fully under his control again he could start to heal and regrow the plantsbut I have felt like I've been run over a few times

*shruggs* each to their own, if you like it and are prepared to take the consequences the next day then why not.
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening my good Sir *curtsies*

I have already read it and re read it. Fantastic, as per usual :D:D

Evening m'lady *bows*

You're too kind to an old scribbler! :D Just for being so nice to me I'd like to invite you over on Morgana's behalf for a girlie candle party later tonight...that is if you can make it :)
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening m'lady *bows*

You're too kind to an old scribbler! :D Just for being so nice to me I'd like to invite you over on Morgana's behalf for a girlie candle party later tonight...that is if you can make it :)

Oh you know I can't resist one of Morgana's candle parties ;) I'll be there :D
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening All :)

FAO M'lady Star and her foxy maid Natarhi...The Trial of Morgana Act 2 is in the post :D
    *Gives Stu a standing ovation for the literary masterpiece that she has just read*

Good evening Sir Stu. :) May I say what a huge honour and pleasure both it was to feature in your story. :D
    I'll consider it :p
    *Looks pleadingly at Star* Oh please, I promise I'll be good and do exactly as you tell me to. *flutters eyelashes* :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    *Gives Stu a standing ovation for the literary masterpiece that she has just read*

Good evening Sir Stu. :) May I say what a huge honour and pleasure both it was to feature in your story. :D

The honour was mine, lady, but thank you *bows* :D

I can honestly say that the more I write of this story, the more convinced I am that this is what S5 should have been :D Admittedly a lot of parents would have to explain some of the phraseology to their kids but surely it would have been a price worth paying? :(:D
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Colin not enough for you? :p

You know Colin is more than enough for me but I need a back-up in case I can't kidnap him. Colin would never agree to come to the hot tub with me of his own accord. :cry:
    Ugh, no, hate Pimms too, it's like drinking salad.

Weirdo! :p Smint's sophisticated, I'm sure she'll drink Pimms with me.
    Lem_1 wrote: »
    Oh thank you, I will have a very interesting discussion with him over characterisation and why he chose to portray Prospero like that. Sadly, I'll need to be sober to have that conversation so I'll be chaperone for all you lot!

This is supposed to be a sex riot not a Shakespeare lecture! If you do that I'll have to start asking Colin about his characterisation of Ariel and I'm not having that. It's a shame Avi won't be there, I know how much she wants Roger to talk dirty to her in his booming voice.
    Lem_1 wrote: »
    No, you don't, cos I'm in total agreement. Is it possible to have a phobia of being sick because I think I've got that! I would do ANYTHING to avoid throwing up so getting that drunk is never on my agenda. I like a drink and I get tipsy but I've never got to the vomit my guts up stage because I'm so afraid of being sick.

Emetophobia, it's very common. Speaking of it, Avi did you ever have morning sickness? How do you cope when your children are sick? (Just curious.)
    Oh you know I can't resist one of Morgana's candle parties ;) I'll be there :D

Why am I not invited to this candle party? :mad: You know how much I like candles.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Looks pleadingly at Star* Oh please, I promise I'll be good and do exactly as you tell me to. *flutters eyelashes* :)

Oh alright you can come :D

Oi! What am I chopped liver? I just said I love Pimms!
    Emetophobia, it's very common. Speaking of it, Avi did you ever have morning sickness? How do you cope when your children are sick? (Just curious.)

Another reason not to have kids..
    Why am I not invited to this candle party? :mad: You know how much I like candles.....

T'is a private party for myself and Morgana I'm afraid. Ladies only ;)
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I have made a few decisions

1. There will be no vomiting. By anyone. Anywhere. God knows I've cleared up more than my fair share of other people's vomit in various circumstances, but I have no intention of doing it in my own home. If Keren looks the least bit vomity, she can sleep in the garage

2. I will not be bringing home any strange men. For one, I think my husband might have a word or two to say, and secondly, there won't be room for them

3. I love Pimms - I count it as one of my five a day ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's the stuff that tastes like fizzy aftershave, isn't it m'lady? :D

Babycham on the other hand is lovely! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you're not coming are you. :cry:
    Smint wrote: »

1. There will be no vomiting. By anyone. Anywhere. God knows I've cleared up more than my fair share of other people's vomit in various circumstances, but I have no intention of doing it in my own home. If Keren looks the least bit vomity, she can sleep in the garage

2. I will not be bringing home any strange men. For one, I think my husband might have a word or two to say, and secondly, there won't be room for them

I'm starting to think I should just book a hotel room so I can be sick and get off with strange men without Smint complaining about it. :o (Are Colin and Roger included as 'strange men?')
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The honour was mine, lady, but thank you *bows* :D

I can honestly say that the more I write of this story, the more convinced I am that this is what S5 should have been. Admittedly a lot of parents would have to explain some of the phraseology to their kids but surely it would have been a price worth paying? :(:D
    I would say so, yes. :D
    It's an entirely pointless drink. :p
    This is supposed to be a sex riot not a Shakespeare lecture! If you do that I'll have to start asking Colin about his characterisation of Ariel and I'm not having that.
    Lol! :D
    Oh alright you can come :D
    Hooray! :D
    Fair enough. We will just have to have the sex riot part of the evening in London and then go back to yours for ladies-only hot tub. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

3. I love Pimms - I count it as one of my five a day ;)

Oh good idea :D
    That's the stuff that tastes like fizzy aftershave, isn't it m'lady? :D

Never had it.. nor do I even know what it is :o
    But you're not coming are you. :cry:

Oh yes, of course. I sometimes forget what's real on this thread :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say so, yes. :D

Hmmm...Just in case my story makes it onto TV :D would you be prepared to play yourself? :)

Think hard before deciding yes or no because your role is an extremely taxing one physically, involving countless sex scenes with hot knights - all of which are artistically justified as being central to the plot - and a fair bit of Merlin-bashing both in and out of the courtroom...

Take your time thinking about it :D
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think I should just book a hotel room so I can be sick and get off with strange men without Smint complaining about it. :o (Are Colin and Roger included as 'strange men?')

I thought you were originally going to kidnap Colin and take him back to your hotel room . . . I'm not entirely sure where I got dragged in to that bit of your sordid scenario ;)
    Fair enough. We will just have to have the sex riot part of the evening in London and then go back to yours for ladies-only hot tub. ;)

I think that sounds more manageable . . . and probably a great relief to my husband :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you were originally going to kidnap Colin and take him back to your hotel room . . . I'm not entirely sure where I got dragged in to that bit of your sordid scenario ;)

I was but Colin is twice my size, I can't physically drag him there all on my own. I need some help from the rest of you for the kidnap to work. Also, this was before you invited me round yours and before I realised you had a hot tub, which I could use to lure him into my trap. :D
    I think that sounds more manageable . . . and probably a great relief to my husband :D

No disrespect to your husband, but can't he go out somewhere for the night so we can have our sex riot in peace. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had it.. nor do I even know what it is :o
    I suspect Sir Stu is teasing you my lady, Babycham is a Perry, but it's absolutely disgusting. :p
    Hmmm...Just in case my story makes it onto TV :D would you be prepared to play yourself? :)

Think hard before deciding yes or no because your role is an extremely taxing one physically, involving countless sex scenes with hot knights - all of which are artistically justified as being central to the plot - and a fair bit of Merlin-bashing both in and out of the courtroom...

Take your time thinking about it
    Well, while it would undoubtedly involve a great commitment on my part (both physically and emotionally) I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to participate in such a great creative work, one that would surely become a yardstick for all TV shows produced after it. :D

So I will consent to play myself. On the condition, of course, that my lady star also plays herself. :)
    *puts it in the schedule* :D

Out of interest is anyone watching 2.13 tonight? I was planning on watching it, but I've been quite busy today so I haven't yet. Was going to watch it now but if nobody else is I might not bother. I have other (more boring) things that I ought to be doing. :(
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You beat me to it Keren. I was going to tell Lem about emetophobia. I have it terribly. Fear of anything to do with vomiting, not just myself but others too. In fact, I have just got back from the cinema which was packed with kiddies and all the way through I was ... not exactly anxious as such, but conscious of the sickness potential if you see what I mean. Kids and parents going in and out all the way through the film. And what do I discover at the end as we are all leaving? Some one (must have been a kid) had been sick all over the stairs so we all had to somehow file past it. I am torn between fixating about the fact it happened and we had to virtually walk through it (sorry, horrible thought) and being quite chuffed with myself that I somehow managed to avoid being aware of someone being within 15 feet of me and vomiting. :rolleyes:

And as for how I coped with my children being ill - badly. But I have a husband who, over the years, has thankfully learnt that I am not just being a wimp, I have a real psychological disorder. Oh and no, I did not get morning sickness. Except for briefly when I was carrying twins (lost one very early on in pregnancy).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You beat me to it Keren. I was going to tell Lem about emetophobia. I have it terribly. Fear of anything to do with vomiting, not just myself but others too. In fact, I have just got back from the cinema which was packed with kiddies and all the way through I was ... not exactly anxious as such, but conscious of the sickness potential if you see what I mean. Kids and parents going in and out all the way through the film. And what do I discover at the end as we are all leaving? Some one (must have been a kid) had been sick all over the stairs so we all had to somehow file past it. I am torn between fixating about the fact it happened and we had to virtually walk through it (sorry, horrible thought) and being quite chuffed with myself that I somehow managed to avoid being aware of someone being within 15 feet of me and vomiting. :rolleyes:
    Huh, I don't think I've ever actually encountered a child being sick (or the evidence thereof) at the cinema, and goodness knows I've been to enough kiddie films. ;):p Glad it didn't ruin your visit though.
    And as for how I coped with my children being ill - badly. But I have a husband who, over the years, has thankfully learnt that I am not just being a wimp, I have a real psychological disorder. Oh and no, I did not get morning sickness. Except for briefly when I was carrying twins (lost one very early on in pregnancy).
    Oh, I'm sorry. :( (((hug)))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, while it would undoubtedly involve a great commitment on my part (both physically and emotionally) I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to participate in such a great creative work, one that would surely become a yardstick for all TV shows produced after it. :D

So I will consent to play myself. :)On the condition, of course, that my lady star also plays herself. :)

*puts it in the schedule* :D

Out of interest is anyone watching 2.13 tonight? I was planning on watching it, but I've been quite busy today so I haven't yet. Was going to watch it now but if nobody else is I might not bother.

BIB - Well naturally! :D I will also be playing myself as I'm not having any other man doing the stuff I do with my Sosseress :D

btw...I've been thinking of adding one or two other forum members into the story :D What I'm looking for is a forum member who is quite prepared to constantly throw themselves at Merlin and indulge in wild, uninhibited sex with the guy....Someone who doesn't care how sluttish their behaviour appears...

But where am I going to find someone like that :confused::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    You don't want to have had too many drinks before the performance as you need all of your senses to be able to fully appreciate Colin and his performance and also to make sure that you do not forget a single second of it. The same goes for afterwards especially if any of you are the kind of drunk who forgets the whole evening ! A few drinks after discussing delectable Mr Morgan would be the way to go methinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Well naturally! :D I will also be playing myself as I'm not having any other man doing the stuff I do with my Sosseress :D

btw...I've been thinking of adding one or two other forum members into the story :D What I'm looking for is a forum member who is quite prepared to constantly throw themselves at Merlin and indulge in wild, uninhibited sex with the guy....Someone who doesn't care how sluttish their behaviour appears...

Hmmm...I don't know. :( I think it would also have to be someone who's a maid, I think Merlin would be overwhelmed by a lady. It's not going to be easy to find someone to meet all these requirements...:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh, I don't think I've ever actually encountered a child being sick (or the evidence thereof) at the cinema, and goodness knows I've been to enough kiddie films. ;):p Glad it didn't ruin your visit though.

Me neither (before today). But that is an indication of what it is like to be inside an emetophobe's mind: I think up scenarios and dwell on incidents that would never ever occur to anyone who is not a sufferer.
    Aww, I'm sorry. :( (((hug)))

Aw thanks but it really isn't a source of grief for me. It was prgnancy number 4 and I was only planning on 4 children, not 5. I felt slightly nauseous for a few days and was SO CROSS to be getting morning sickness for my last pregnancy, not having had it for any of the others. I was just beginning to suspect twins when I lost it, but honestly truely, I did not experience any grief over it because I hadn't had the twin pregnancy confirmed and I was just so damn relieved that the one baby I had planned for (if you see what I mean) was still there. And then it was a bit nervy keeping hold of him so I had no time to think about it. I do sometimes think 'what if I had kept the twin?' now, but it is only a casual, non-emotional thought. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you need a horse Sir Stu, I am your mare!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Well naturally! I will also be playing myself as I'm not having any other man doing the stuff I do with my Sosseress :D

btw...I've been thinking of adding one or two other forum members into the story. What I'm looking for is a forum member who is quite prepared to constantly throw themselves at Merlin and indulge in wild, uninhibited sex with the guy....Someone who doesn't care how sluttish their behaviour appears...

But where am I going to find someone like that
    :confused::(

*scratches chin* I have no idea :confused:

:D:D:D:D

Evening Avi. Sorry to read about the loss of your baby :(

*Yes I read your after post but still felt I should say something.
  • RazzylewRazzylew Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of interest is anyone watching 2.13 tonight? I was planning on watching it, but I've been quite busy today so I haven't yet. Was going to watch it now but if nobody else is I might not bother. I have other (more boring) things that I ought to be doing. :(
    I was watching it while you typed Natarhi, and have just added my thoughts to the other thread. I must admit it is longer than usual due to all the booze and excited squeels of seeing Leon! :o

You'll be hard pushed to find someone like that around here SirStu. I couldn't possibly think of anyone who would be interested in something like that.
    Haha :D Oh, Avi. I'm sorry we're not going to meet this summer. My riding crop is getting dusty in the loft. :p