"1.5m People Join Waiting List For Strictly Come Dancing Tickets"- Are U In Queue ?

Comments

• TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try every year, but I did get tickets for Wembley.....hoping to be lucky again this year, but nothing as yet :(

Its always best to keep trying, I hope you get lucky with Strictly tickets again for Wembly, I keep trying for a meet an greet with Anne but I haven't got lucky with that one yet, at least I have a photo of her painting in a frame to keep me going though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AmSalt12 wrote: »
    Two weeks to even a week before. I went twice and the second time my tickets didn't arrive in post, there was a postal strike, so had to pick them up on the day.

That must of been a worry for you picking the tickets up on the day, was your heart in your mouth that they might not be there ready for you ?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these tickets to see the weekly SCD on Saturday or Wembley. I was under the impression that the studio tickets went to friends and relatives of the contestants. OMG don't even know this and yet I have watched every series of SCD on telly:o

How do I apply? On the Website? Maybe I'll have a look.
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Are these tickets to see the weekly SCD on Saturday or Wembley. I was under the impression that the studio tickets went to friends and relatives of the contestants. OMG don't even know this and yet I have watched every series of SCD on telly:o

Tickets are randomly selected,the closing date has now closed.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/strictly_come_dancing_2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    Tickets are randomly selected,the closing date has now closed.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/strictly_come_dancing_2013

Has the closing date for tickets for all strictly shows passed and closed now?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

yes Terry! read erin-p's post that you have just quoted!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    yes Terry! read erin-p's post that you have just quoted!

Sorry olive I wasn't sure if tickets were closed just for Wembley or for everything, thank you anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there any Strictly ticket and show stories about this week, even the old stories are fabulous to read ?
  • sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "1.5m People Join The Waiting List For Strictly Come Dancing Tickets"- Are You In The Queue ?

Omg! can this really be true?

It must be almost impossible to get tickets to see this years Strictly Come Dancing and Sir Bruce unless you get really lucky, it must be just like winning the lottery, please let us know your ticket stories and lucky charm stories. This is really quite amazing and to think some people said that Sir Bruce is no longer a big draw, well it looks like fans across the country have voted with their feet.

Thank you, and good luck in your ticket quest everyone.

" STRICTLY fans are besieging the BBC for tickets to see the live shows, with more than 1.5 million already on a “waiting list”. "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/427789/1-5m-people-join-the-waiting-list-for-Strictly-Come-Dancing-tickets

I used to try and get tickets for the first few years. But since Bruce's presenting has gone down hill I haven't bothered. There is no way I could sit through 2 hours plus, of his pathetic jokes and supposed ad-libs. I stick to watching it at home and forwarding through those bits...

And Terry, Bruce isn't a big draw! People want to experience the live music and dancing. It has very little to do with Bruce. If it did the audience wouldn't need to be told to laugh at his jokes and 'funny' stories...
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    sey77 wrote: »
    I used to try and get tickets for the first few years. But since Bruce's presenting has gone down hill I haven't bothered. There is no way I could sit through 2 hours plus, of his pathetic jokes and supposed ad-libs. I stick to watching it at home and forwarding through those bits...

And Terry, Bruce isn't a big draw! People want to experience the live music and dancing. It has very little to do with Bruce. If it did the audience wouldn't need to be told to laugh at his jokes and 'funny' stories...

He may not be the main draw but he is fantastic with the live audience. Slightly bored with Bruce bashing:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    if you are lucky enough to get tickets to a scd show how long before are you advised ? I also read that people get emails to say they haven't been successful ? is that always the case ?

and I apologise if I'm asking a repetitive question is there a Wembley children in need show this year ?

many thanks
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Spadge1077 wrote: »
    if you are lucky enough to get tickets to a scd show how long before are you advised ? I also read that people get emails to say they haven't been successful ? is that always the case ?

and I apologise if I'm asking a repetitive question is there a Wembley children in need show this year ?

many thanks

It varies, but you're usually told roughly a week and a half before the show whether you have tickets or not. You should get an e-mail even if you're unsuccessful.

And nope, no Wembley show this year (they're going back to Blackpool during Children in Need week).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Keep trying to get tickets. I'm going for the 3rd time on Saturday :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kellykelly wrote: »
    Keep trying to get tickets. I'm going for the 3rd time on Saturday :)

I wish you all the luck in the world kellykelly please let us all know how you get on, and welcome to the forum by the way.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard about their Blackpool ticket applications yet? I'm trying to work out if the successful ones have already got their emails, and I'm just waiting for the rejection one to come at some point, or if they're quite late in sending the allocations out.
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That must of been a worry for you picking the tickets up on the day, was your heart in your mouth that they might not be there ready for you ?

It was a bit of a palava picking them up from the BBC people. Took them ages to look down the list of names, but eventually found us.

There also wasn't a lot of people there queuing so I think because of the postal strike others just thought they hadn't got tickets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes closing date was 6th September.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »

Most of the celebrities, friends and relatives sit on the left of the stage. When I went the second time we were put in Ian Waites reserved seats as his guests didn't turn up.!! Got a fab seat.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I suspected that no email yesterday was a bad sign - and it was. I got my 'sorry you're not on the list' email for the Blackpool show. The real bummer is that 10(!) different members of my family applied, and none of us got a ticket. We all live in Blackpool or the North West, and so it's the only show any of us could have gone to. Looks like the Blackpool show may be short of actual local support, if our experience is any indication! I shouldn't be too cross, I did go 4 years ago, but one acceptance in 4 or 5 years isn't good odds, is it?! I'd say you have to be massively lucky to get a B'pool ticket this time round. I wonder just how over-subscribed that single show was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    Well, I suspected that no email yesterday was a bad sign - and it was. I got my 'sorry you're not on the list' email for the Blackpool show. The real bummer is that 10(!) different members of my family applied, and none of us got a ticket. We all live in Blackpool or the North West, and so it's the only show any of us could have gone to. Looks like the Blackpool show may be short of actual local support, if our experience is any indication! I shouldn't be too cross, I did go 4 years ago, but one acceptance in 4 or 5 years isn't good odds, is it?! I'd say you have to be massively lucky to get a B'pool ticket this time round. I wonder just how over-subscribed that single show was.

Sorry for your disappointment but TBH I think you maybe have unreal expectations. The BBC will have received many thousands of applications for Blackpool from people all over the place, as they do for every other show of the series, so the fact that not one of your 10 relatives got lucky really isn't all that surprising. Why not consider applying for all the shows next year, to increase your chances? I was standing in the queue last week next to people who'd travelled from further afield than the north west, trust me! ;)
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Reminds me of the TV show "The Good Old Days", an old time music hall show which started in the 1950s and had periodic runs into the early 1980s. Tickets were free, but you had to go dress in the fashion of the turn of the19th/20th century.

My grandmother wanted to go to relive going to the music hall in her twenties, but when we applied for tickets we went on a waiting list which was carried through continuously, so eventually you would have got one, but that would be your only chance of going. At the time we applied we would have got two tickets for three years time. Sadly my grandmother died before she could go and we took ourselves off the list.

When the show finally finished there were enough people still waiting to keep it going for another 5 or so years.

Presumably Strictly tickets are allocated on a ballot basis each year, so you could apply each year and still not get one, or you could get tickets in more than one year. Although the venue was smaller and the number of people applying for tickets was smaller, the continuous waiting list used by "The Good Old Days" seems much fairer than starting a new list each year and basically having a raffle for tickets. There were no computers when "The Good Old Days" was broadcast, and it would be much easier now to keep a running list, giving everyone the certaintly of a ticket some time as long as the show was running.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Reminds me of the TV show "The Good Old Days", an old time music hall show which started in the 1950s and had periodic runs into the early 1980s. Tickets were free, but you had to go dress in the fashion of the turn of the19th/20th century.

My grandmother wanted to go to relive going to the music hall in her twenties, but when we applied for tickets we went on a waiting list which was carried through continuously, so eventually you would have got one, but that would be your only chance of going. At the time we applied we would have got two tickets for three years time. Sadly my grandmother died before she could go and we took ourselves off the list.

When the show finally finished there were enough people still waiting to keep it going for another 5 or so years.

Presumably Strictly tickets are allocated on a ballot basis each year, so you could apply each year and still not get one, or you could get tickets in more than one year. Although the venue was smaller and the number of people applying for tickets was smaller, the continuous waiting list used by "The Good Old Days" seems much fairer than starting a new list each year and basically having a raffle for tickets. There were no computers when "The Good Old Days" was broadcast, and it would be much easier now to keep a running list, giving everyone the certaintly of a ticket some time as long as the show was running.

Some people in the queue last weekend were there for the 2nd time in 3 weeks :eek:, and quite a few people I spoke to had been before at some point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people in the queue last weekend were there for the 2nd time in 3 weeks :eek:, and quite a few people I spoke to had been before at some point.

what?? :eek: Im sorry but that is really unfair - how many millions apply and some people are getting to go twice in 3 weeks?

If you have been successful once in a series and your name gets pulled out again the "powers that be" should discount it and let others have a chance of going
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about their Blackpool ticket applications yet? I'm trying to work out if the successful ones have already got their emails, and I'm just waiting for the rejection one to come at some point, or if they're quite late in sending the allocations out.

I got my rejection email yesterday
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    what?? :eek: Im sorry but that is really unfair - how many millions apply and some people are getting to go twice in 3 weeks?

If you have been successful once in a series and your name gets pulled out again the "powers that be" should discount it and let others have a chance of going

That is what is supposed to happen... but obviously is not.