Daybreak - 2014

occyoccy Posts: 65,128
Forum Member
✭✭
Watching Daybreak this morning - I'm sorry to say " Aled and Lorraine are not really right when there is serious news topics " I can see Aled wanting to make comments, but holds back as he's a type of presenter who does that" They are both well liked presenters, but would be more suited to something else. I think there is problems with the show again and there will be changes later in 2014?

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Watching Daybreak this morning - I'm sorry to say " Aled and Lorraine are not really right when there is serious news topics " I can see Aled wanting to make comments, but holds back as he's a type of presenter who does that" They are both well liked presenters, but would be more suited to something else. I think there is problems with the show again and there will be changes later in 2014?

They have just appointed yet another new editor and the whole point of new editors is that they make changes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Maybe they do need to change the main 2 presenters, but apart from that I think the show is ok as it is
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2014 will be the year that Daybreak ends and itv launches another TV-am/GMTV clone with a winning presenting team, which most likely will also fail
  • PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    2014 will be the year that Daybreak ends and itv launches another TV-am/GMTV clone with a winning presenting team, which most likely will also fail

KG and LK will still survive the cull though!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorraine obviously didn't get a Thesaurus for her Christmas - everybody she has interviewed so far has been "fantastic, brilliant, sooooper", followed by the usual inane giggling. Obviously the make up people are adding pink make-up to her nose to cover up the brown stuff.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should never of axed Christine Bleakley, granted Adrian Childs was not suited to breakfast TV but Christine for me did have that warmth about her and she also never patronized or came across as fake as Kelly does and given the chance she can handle the serious news items well, she was also very nice to look at first thing in the morning. They would have been better off sticking with Christine and Dan Lobb.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine Kelly really is an embarrassment to women everywhere. She must know where the bodies are buried for someone not to have taken her aside and tell her the giggly schoolgirl routine and constant cleavage flashing are ridiculous. I don't mind a bit of lighthearted morning telly but Lorraine seems to be a 12 year old trapped in a middle aged woman's body.
  • chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I agree Lorraine kelly is irritating, annoying and over the top please get rid of her on Daybreak and get Dan Lobb back he was the best.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine Kelly really is an embarrassment to women everywhere. She must know where the bodies are buried for someone not to have taken her aside and tell her the giggly schoolgirl routine and constant cleavage flashing are ridiculous. I don't mind a bit of lighthearted morning telly but Lorraine seems to be a 12 year old trapped in a middle aged woman's body.

Yes but this has been true for years and somehow Lorraine Kelly survives in spite of the fact that the program gets ever lower ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember the days when Lorraine Kelly used to present This Morning with Schofield, this forum would go into meltdown if it happened now.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    redvers36 wrote: »
    Yes but this has been true for years and somehow Lorraine Kelly survives in spite of the fact that the program gets ever lower ratings.

Whilst Daybreak is getting ever lower ratings, is Lorraine not remaining as steady as ever? Meaning, as a lot have said, it's not the presenters it's the programme.

They should have kept going with Adrian and Christine. The only presenting team I've watched with consistency and I think the studio and the format was good. Daybreak now is just GMTV in different packaging
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Lorraine obviously didn't get a Thesaurus for her Christmas - everybody she has interviewed so far has been "fantastic, brilliant, sooooper", followed by the usual inane giggling. Obviously the make up people are adding pink make-up to her nose to cover up the brown stuff.

Spot on, don't get me wrong, think she is attractive but couldn't live with her; that's not normal behaviour the way she goes on.
    I'm all for being positive but she goes to a ridiculous extreme.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Remember the days when Lorraine Kelly used to present This Morning with Schofield, this forum would go into meltdown if it happened now.

Remember the days when Lorraine actually used to present Lorraine? She's absent so often she might as well never be there!
    Forum Member
    There is a rumour that Dermot o Leary is replacing aled Jones on daybreak
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I know they keep revamping the TV-AM/GMTV/Daybreak show but it is essentially the same programme with a different name and set:
    News bulletin
    Weather
    Discussion of today's papers and current affairs
    A couple of celebrity guests
    A couple of 'real people' telling their story of surviving against the odds or breaking free from debt
    A competition
    A 'quirky' item

It really is all about the presenters to make or break this type of show as nothing else actually changes in the format. The original Big Breakfast was the only breakfast show which tried to be different.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Here I have fixed your post:
    News bulletin
    ad break, competition
    Weather
    ad break, competition
    Discussion of today's papers and current affairs
    competition, ad break
    A couple of celebrity guests
    competition, ad break
    A couple of 'real people' telling their story of surviving against the odds or breaking free from debt
    ad break, competition
    A competition
    an ad break
    A 'quirky' item
    a competition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have fixed this again :D

Lorraine Kelly giggling and talking about herself
    News bulletin
    ad break, competition
    Weather
    ad break, competition
    Discussion of today's papers and current affairs...with Lorraine Kelly giggling and trying to make it all about her
    competition, ad break
    A couple of celebrity guests...with Lorraine Kelly sucking up to the guests and telling them how fabulous they are and great at what they do and all whilst giggling.
    competition, ad break
    A couple of 'real people' telling their story of surviving against the odds or breaking free from debt...with Lorraine Kelly pretending that she is a serious journalist and pretending she is interested in what they have to say whilst talking over the top of them.
    ad break, competition
    A competition
    an ad break
    A 'quirky' item
    a competition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    I'm all for being positive but she goes to a ridiculous extreme.

Although Lorraine does indeed take it to extremes, almost all of the ITV daytime presenters on Daybreak/Lorraine/This Morning act like they've overdosed on happy pills. It's been this way for years and I doubt it will ever get better. Personally, I find it all too much to take first thing, and I can only fathom ITV is popular in the morning because there's no decent alternative.
    Forum Member
    The other person I don't like on daybreak is John Stapleton he thinks his jokes are so funny but they are not.

The person that I do like on daybreak is Matt Barbet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to some of the bimbos and egotists who present on ITV daytime, John Stapleton is one of the few people I like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Where's helen these days, need her presenting again
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chimp123 wrote: »
    There is a rumour that Dermot o Leary is replacing aled Jones on daybreak

Another rumour,

Roland Rat.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I thought Dan Lobb and Kate Garraway did a fantastic job
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Barbett should take over the 7am slot with Helen P. Lorraine should either go back to the 8.30 slot or given her P45. Can't really understand her longevity. I don't like Ranvia (sp?) or John S either, the former is not very good and overuses the word actually, the latter is just plain condescending and patronising.

Don't know what I think about Kate G. Perhaps Ben Shepherd would be good.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Matt Barbet thinks he is 10000 times funnier than he actually is. Terrible presenter.
    Kate Garraway seems more concerned with her hairstyle than serious journalism.
    A very poor show. Ranvir and Helen would make excellent presenters, better than the dross they have now. Lorraine Kelly makes me cringe so much I can't bear to watch her at all, even when she's talking to Bryan McFadden or other celebs. So sycophantic and pathetic.