Top Gear

Comments

• LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Whitehall? WHY????

He's about as funny as a wet weekend in Slough. It's as if he's only on the planet to make Russell Brand look talented.
  • dans_t16sdans_t16s Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    No stunners?!!! :eek:
    The girl behind Clarkon is in the stunner category for me
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/44bQ5aj-i79DXIHyHLw2ctMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

She was STUNNING. Couldn't keep my eyes off her. Hubba hubba. :)
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    pianoforte wrote: »
    decidedly average based on that photo
    Nice enough for a head turn but low on stun power.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/44bQ5aj-i79DXIHyHLw2ctMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Haha, are you serious? She's totally average :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Haha, are you serious? She's totally average :D

One man's average is another man's sleepless night. OMG she's perfect.
    I would :) xxx
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    dans_t16s wrote: »
    One man's average is another man's sleepless night. OMG she's perfect.
    I would :) xxx
    She has a certain likeness to Norah Jones.

We'll leave Katie Price to the rest of them
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Noticed her too.....but later on, when James was talking, not the News bit, later - he was standing, and right behind him was a Blonde, with a Cap like Hat.;-)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    Mediocre episode. Nothing special Nothing particularly bad. Liked the UAE bit and tiny Hammond in the oversized jeep. Guest wasn't all that much. Felt like there was something missing. But even on an off day it's still entertaining.
    Yeah, I somewhat agree. I'm no fan of Jack W either, but I didn't think it was that bad and it was interesting to see how far he got considering he had little driving experience.
    The pizza blowtorch bit was unneeded and pointless, and so was the last bit with the tablecloth when it's obvious that motorbike ad wasn't real. The UAE part was interesting and I missed half of May's bit, so I might have another look at that.
    All that said, it wasn't the worst I've seen and it was nice that each of them had their own 'project' to do.
    Forum Member
    She has a certain likeness to Norah Jones.

We'll leave Katie Price to the rest of them

So everyone who doesn't share your taste in women, must like Katie Price? That's not a very mature attitude now is it?

A girl next door type is better than Katie Price, but if I saw that woman on the street, I wouldn't notice her, that's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So everyone who doesn't share your taste in women, must like Katie Price? That's not a very mature attitude now is it?

A girl next door type is better than Katie Price, but if I saw that woman on the street, I wouldn't notice her, that's all.

Should have gone to specsavers :cool:
    Forum Member
    dans_t16s wrote: »
    Should have gone to specsavers :cool:

Yes, you should ^_^
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^Think about it, if the majority of people are driving "hi performance cars" then your going to need a "high performance car" to chase them.

...hence we have Volvo and Ford Focus estate cars. And the occasional Vauxhall Astra.
    Forum Member
    We still have BMWs around here so I guess there are some boy racers in town
  • toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chandlerp wrote: »
    Because he has a show at the O2 to sell out even though he couldn't remember the date. Luckily, Jeremy was able to remind him.

Ah! I see, I wasn't really paying attention but in that case it makes perfect sense.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I thought that the police cars in Dubai was a joke but they really exist :o

Wonder how many job application forms they receive each week!!
    Forum Member
    I thought that the police cars in Dubai was a joke but they really exist :o

No doubt they have special police cars, a lot of countries have them. I remember hearing about a Gallardo police car in Italy! But I doubt they're common or used every day.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt they have special police cars, a lot of countries have them. I remember hearing about a Gallardo police car in Italy! But I doubt they're common or used every day.

What I found strange was the fact that there was no standardisation. They simply had every supercar available. I can see why we have BMW 5 series on our motorways as they have the speed to catch up with most cars and the beef to stop them. However I'm not sure what they will do when they catch up with somebody in a Lamborghini. Plus the fact tht if there's more than 2 people in the car that they've caught, they'll have to call out another car to pick them up.

I just cannot see the practicality tbh.
    Forum Member
    What I found strange was the fact that there was no standardisation. They simply had every supercar available. I can see why we have BMW 5 series on our motorways as they have the speed to catch up with most cars and the beef to stop them. However I'm not sure what they will do when they catch up with somebody in a Lamborghini. Plus the fact tht if there's more than 2 people in the car that they've caught, they'll have to call out another car to pick them up.

They will have given top gear permission to film and brought out all their fanciest police cars to show off :p That's my theory.

I'd be amazed if they used nothing but supercars for their police force! As you say, they'd be impractical- they'd probably run out of fuel during chases :D
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will have given top gear permission to film and brought out all their fanciest police cars to show off :p That's my theory.

I'd be amazed if they used nothing but supercars for their police force! As you say, they'd be impractical- they'd probably run out of fuel during chases :D

In addition to the cars that we saw, they also have an Aston Martin and a Bentley.

I wonder if a rich sheikh is donating them when he gets the new models. :)
  • marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Someone mentionned earlier that if people on the road have supercars, then the police should too to be able to catch them. But that's not how they catch them in most cases; they set-up a road block further down. Must be even more effective when dealing with expensive car; then again in Dubai, money seem to come out of their ears. Of course they would need another vehicule to arrest the people, but i would assume it's standard procedure to call for back-up in any police pursuit.
    So yes, these cars are extravagant. But it must help diffuse situations. Even when i did do it, i'm not happy when i get a ticket. If i got one from a police driving a Lambo or something, i would probably go back to my inner little boy and go 'wow man, how fast does it go?

In the credits at the end, they thank the 'Dubai car museum'; must be for the cars at the end with monster truck tires and 8 wheels.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you go to Dubai or Abu Dhabi then you will see that they really don't care about practicality. It's all about having the biggest, most expensive and the flashiest of everything.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    And I actually commented on it as I was wondering if TG had taken the sexist criticisms on board and stopped pushing the best lookers to the front.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    And I actually commented on it as I was wondering if TG had taken the sexist criticisms on board and stopped pushing the best lookers to the front.

They didn't stop though - that brunette was gorgeous.
    Forum Member
    In the credits at the end, they thank the 'Dubai car museum'; must be for the cars at the end with monster truck tires and 8 wheels.
    Clarkson has covered some of that before in Extreme Machines.
    I can't remember if the jeep was there but there was a giant old US pickup truck and a Globe.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dem legs, what a hottie! :blush::D
This discussion has been closed.